Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    Is the green area really zoned for an anihiem shopping center?
    Well it was as of not too long ago. It was surrounded by signs that indicated a new shopping complex from the city of Anaheim- I think it was labeled "Garden Walk"

The bottom red area does have some hotels at the corner of Harbor and Orange. I couldn't see the corner so I circled it all red. The upper red corner is mixed use but I am not sure if Disney could purchase that land, those condos and apartments are fairly new. The car rental dealership could probably be purchase and use for more expansion.

My map is based on public knowledge and little bits of info CMs gather over time while traveling to and from work. There may in fact be a similar more accurate map controlled by Disney planning commissions.

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

I just saw a thread over on LP about an article in the LA Times and a San Diego company bought the property across from the propsed 3rd gate for 30 million. The plans include two new hotels and shopping. Here is the link below.

LaughingPlace.com - Anaheim Garden Walk Back on Track
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Well it was as of not too long ago. It was surrounded by signs that indicated a new shopping complex from the city of Anaheim- I think it was labeled "Garden Walk"

The bottom red area does have some hotels at the corner of Harbor and Orange. I couldn't see the corner so I circled it all red. The upper red corner is mixed use but I am not sure if Disney could purchase that land, those condos and apartments are fairly new. The car rental dealership could probably be purchase and use for more expansion.

My map is based on public knowledge and little bits of info CMs gather over time while traveling to and from work. There may in fact be a similar more accurate map controlled by Disney planning commissions.
    ahh ok, I've heard about that a bit, I thought it was canceld?

oh well I'm not a California local so I can't really keep track of all those things, I see empty land hear it's been empty for a while so I think Disney should buy it

and yeah, that corner of land isn't too important though theoreticaly if Disney owned both sides they could meld them together into one and get rid of that road that cuts across them which would give them a pretty decent slice of land for more resort expansion while the third gate land could go to third gate things

I do think that the cast member parking lot has to go, it could be replaced with yet another parking garage in that yellow area you have above it, every ounce of that third gate land will need to be used for park. One reason I suggested landbridges is simply so that the park could actualy pull of some of the ticketing boothes and entrance gates above the street

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by XterraceEmp
    I just saw a thread over on LP about an article in the LA Times and a San Diego company bought the property across from the propsed 3rd gate for 30 million. The plans include two new hotels and shopping. Here is the link below.

LaughingPlace.com - Anaheim Garden Walk Back on Track
    If you look at my map I preposed the green area north of the employee lot WAS designated as the Anaheim Garden Walk for a long time. If this shopping complex is open and inviting and replaces old broken cheap motels and dirty nickel and dime tourist dives, I am all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    If you look at my map I preposed the green area north of the employee lot WAS designated as the Anaheim Garden Walk for a long time. If this shopping complex is open and inviting and replaces old broken cheap motels and dirty nickel and dime tourist dives, I am all for it.
    I agree that it's better then cheep motels, but I am however a bit concerned about the lack of Disney control

Disney really needs to have a good conduit for moving people around their resort and this could very easily become something that get's in their way, possibly leading Disney to not develope the third gate land as entirely theme park, that would give us a park smaller then DCA

where did you get the aerial photos??

Quote Originally Posted by dkutz
    where did you get the aerial photos??
    http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...cDisneyland%7c

oh and just because it's relevant here's a link to 1995 Disneyland
    http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...cDisneyland%7c

you can see many of the hotels leave, I think Disney needs to buy up many more and convert them over or thear them down, look what they've done for the Paridise Pier, how about taller hotels with themed disney style pools that are for familys? (like WDW's budget hotels)

• Minion

Disney will buy that Garden area for a premium but worth every penny

• Minion

Don't you find it interesting that a few days after Iger gets the job....the LA times article about the Anahiem garden..maybe Eisner was the deal breaker...

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool
    Disney will buy that Garden area for a premium but worth every penny
    Disney is gonna let it go- if they wanted it they would have swooped it prior to the SD firm.

• Minion

But why did they let it go? then and now?

• șoș Tom șoș

You assume it was in there control Mr. Cool.

Up until just a while ago, Disney did not own a lot of land around there. They were fenced in pretty well, because frankly the idea of a Florida resort was not even feasible- now times are a changing and that fantasy is becoming a small reality.

Don't you find it interesting that a few days after Iger gets the job....the LA times article about the Anahiem garden..maybe Eisner was the deal breaker...
    I doubt Eisner had anything to do with it, the problem has been Money

it's interesting however that the shoping district in Anahiem will be opening up around the same time Disney starts expanding DTD some more

perhaps Disney is looking at cutting off the garden just as it starts up by making DTD even better

my guess is that Disney didn't buy it because there was some sort of deal around buying the property that Disney wouldn't agree too, or maybe the sellers just didn't want to sell to Disney

if Disney can run the shoping district to the ground then Disney can claim the land themselves

Eisner was the one who got Disney to buy the Disneyland resort hotel and I really think that strategicaly that was a very wise choice for the resort as a whole

• Minion

I like your analysis jspider..expand Downtown Disney and who wants to walk and go over to the proposed area.

• șoș Tom șoș

I like your analysis jspider..expand Downtown Disney and who wants to walk and go over to the proposed area.
    If someone was smart and took a que from Las Vegas, you might find that a very upscale shopping center that is well themed with a great hotel might actually do well even in the middle of a family mecha.

As my post about Disney adults has proven to me, there are a lot us and a lot of us are sophisticated and want to have fun but also enjoy fine dining and shopping experiances limited at DD.

Now if DD does expand and creates more shopping it could prove a market force against the Garden Walk. Besides more upscale establishments in the area will force out tourist traps and dive shops providing a more clean well rounded experiance.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast