Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is it like living so close to Disneyland?

When I was 16 my parents had the opprotunity to move down to Anaheim. We had an apartment ready to rent and then it all fell through. I often wonder what it would have been like to live so close to the park that I could go whenever I felt like it, instead of the "every few years if I'm lucky" life I lead now.

How often do you go?
    What are your favorite things to do there?
    Is there anything you keep doing over and over and never get sick of?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated!

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Re: What is it like living so close to Disneyland?

You always know when 9:25 comes around on summer evenings...
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

We live 10 minutes away, we go once a week...any more and we get burnt out. Overall it's great, it's a cheap date, fun and kills time. We go to just have dinner and watch the fireworks or Fantasmic sometimes. Go after work, people watch or just hit a few rides and go home afterwards. Living in OC you MUST have a pass. Fireworks everynight during the summer is fine....you get used to it, so do the dogs.
    yeah....we're spoiled.

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station

I live less than 2 minutes away..I tell you my commute is fantastic..lol
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

In all seriousness, I just moved to Fullerton (about 15 minutes north of Disneyland) but I used to have a hideous commute from school in Costa Mesa ( next to the Beach) to the San Gabriel Valley (45 minutes no traffic). So in between my two seperate times being a Cast Member, I bought a pass for the 50th year. It was great, I'd sit at coke corner, study people watch have a snack go on a ride or two and call it a day. It was just enough time for traffic to let up. A lot of people I go to school with have Annual Passes, so I get to go quite often and it doesn't phase me since I work outside the park.

As soon as I get out of work in a few mintes I'll be heading down there for some Skipper Roulette.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• no flash photography...

I love 85 miles away. If we go more than once a month we get burned out. When we spend the night I'm itching to leave by about 11am the next day.

I would hate living around DL. The firework noise wold drive me nuts and the traffic and dealing with tourists all the time....no I would not have the patience for it.

• Done and Gone

45 minutes away and visit about once per week give or take. We sometimes go just to catch a ride and dinner, or even a snack. Each visit usually includes either HM and or POC depending on the season. We shop, get stuff for our collection, and then head home. Some visits are longer of course but it all depends.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerspray View Post
    45 minutes away and visit about once per week give or take. We sometimes go just to catch a ride and dinner, or even a snack. Each visit usually includes either HM and or POC depending on the season. We shop, get stuff for our collection, and then head home. Some visits are longer of course but it all depends.
    Same here.

• Disneyland or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerspray View Post
    We're about 30-60 minutes away (depending on whether it's rush hour or not!) and we're there maybe once every few weeks during summer, and once every week or two in winter. We'd go more often if we were closer.

This weekend, we met up with some friends from another message board (not Disney-related) for dinner in Anaheim, and we suggested Downtown Disney. We met one guy who lives within 5 minutes of Disneyland, has for many years, and hasn't been to Disneyland in a decade. We were surprised, as was he when he heard how often we were there.
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    When I was 16 my parents had the opprotunity to move down to Anaheim. We had an apartment ready to rent and then it all fell through. I often wonder what it would have been like to live so close to the park that I could go whenever I felt like it, instead of the "every few years if I'm lucky" life I lead now.

How often do you go?
    What are your favorite things to do there?
    Is there anything you keep doing over and over and never get sick of?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated!
    I go at least once a week, and it is nice just to go after a stressful day of work. Nothing takes your mind off of reality than a journey through the surrealism that is Disneyland.

I go so much that I don't have a single favorite thing to do. Sometimes I can go on 15 or so rides if it is slow, other times I will go on maybe one or two if I feel like it. I have been there so many times, just being there with friends or soaking up the atmosphere if I am alone is good enough. Also, I never stop appreciating the small details of the place. That is where the true magic lies.

• That Guy

You guys are SO lucky, you have no idea. I love going to DLR, and living in Phoenix, I guess it could be worse, and I could live farther away. I think I can appreciate what you mean when you guys only go once a week, I could see getting burnt out on it.

• curiouser and curiouser

I used to live about 10 minutes away, now i'm 12 hours away

• Wonderful World

I bet it would be nice to go once a week. But any more than that it would probably be old.
    I'm back MiceChat

I live about two blocks away, and I love to walk in all the time.

Best place in the world to people watch.

• Still wants to be a cat!

I'm about 5 minutes away and we usually go once or twice a week. Wolfette gets tired of it.....but I sure don't.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast