Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Wishing

8/12-8/14 For A Birthday, Parades, Pirates, and Dreams

This trip started off no different from any other trip. Just as the sun was beginning to rise over the mountain that I can see from my apartment window four friends set off for Disneyland.
    Four people can have very different views of how to enjoy a day in the park. Balancing what everyone wants is a challenge I had never faced before. I'm usually in a group that totals two people. This was a good experience, I tend to stick to the same things each trip, and it opened the day up to new experiences and fun.

We started the trip off with a parade -

Fire Trucks from all over near Sacramento. Rocklin, Roseville, Auburn. All heading south down 5 near Santa Nella. Of course being a group of girls we watched the parade with interest.

After switching drivers in Buttonwillow, I brought the group into Anaheim. We checked into the hotel and it was already 2:30. If I hurried I might still make it to the Single Rider Meet. So the group of us dropped off our bags and headed in.

l to r - Erin, Carrie, and Rachel (I'm not pictured as I'm taking the photo)
    Please note the sun screen. Very important thing to bring if you tend to burn. I forgot this the last trip, and was a lobster on my first day. Thankfully I learned and Erin was mindful as well...

I made it to the single rider meet and waved at everyone. I couldn't stay, my group was at The Bank of Main Street getting Annual Passes and I needed to get mine as well. But a familiar sight caught my attention in front of the castle and I paused to enjoy the show. I do love shows.

Passes in hand we headed out through the park. Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain,Indy, Buzz Lightyear and of course Space Mountain.

OOo a rare one of all four of us. The nice people in line behind us offered to take the picture when they saw me trying to get one of the three of them.

Our main goal for the night was to see the Fireworks. I had been playing the music for Erin since before our trip in January and while we were there then every night it was canceled due to winds. But Sunday night, this trip, we were able to watch from a great spot directly in front of the castle... well not directly because there is the pathway of people between us and the castle. But anyhow, it was amazing.

After we tried Space again, then headed to the Jungle Cruise where our Skipper was Alex. I enjoy riding the Jungle Cruise at night, I must say I enjoyed myself. I was laughing so hard at the end I was nearly crying. The silly Piranas completely scared me, and I knew they were there, but we were just sitting waiting and he was talking about something and I didn't hear the warning bubbles. I jumped and squeaked. I was teased for the rest of the night...
    We caught the end of the second showing of Fantasmic! Then headed to the hotel to get some sleep. I didn't take that many pictures the first day, but the next days were busy and full. Be warned the next segments will be more pictures than words.

Coming next A Birthday Celebration, A Dream Granted.
    Most often found at a theme park

• Wishing

Re: 8/12-8/14 For A Birthday, Parades, Pirates, and Dreams

So the next morning was my big day. We had all made that car ride to celebrate my birthday in Disneyland. My first request was Mickey Pancakes at the River Belle, and just as we were finishing Rachel jumped up and lead the way across to the island. This ensued...

More antics on pirate island to come.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Great stuff. Keep it comin'!

Chad

Wow, that castle/fireworks pic is amazing!

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by sdmom View Post
    Wow, that castle/fireworks pic is amazing!
    My thought exactly! It looks unreal! Great cloe-up shots all around! Can't wait for more...

• Wishing

That morning was Erin and Carrie's first visit to Tom Sawyer's Island. So not only was the Pirate Lair stuff new, but the whole experience. We wandered all over played with the 'telephone megaphone' I raced along up above and acted like a spy. Joy and laughter, after all that is what Disneyland is about.

spy pictures

So after finding out what time Captain Jack would be taking pictures we decided to head off the island. It was nearly time for lunch and we had reservations at Goofy's Kitchen to celebrate my birthday.

• Wishing

The next batch of pictures are mostly taken by Erin. I was too busy laughing. I had no idea what to expect... now I know.

Wait! I'm totally getting ahead of myself! On our walk to Goofy's Kitchen we were passing the Mickey and Friends tram stop and we saw the Dream Squad out giving things away. I stopped where I was and detoured to pass through the area they were and we all got Pin Lanyards. This was the first thing I had ever gotten through the Year of a Million Dreams.

Sorry it's kinda blurry - it's a picture of the picture. Erin bought the photos for me. Wasn't that nice!

Anyway more craziness

Now one would expect it to be Dale that was causing trouble and playing around, but not this time. Chip ruffling Carrie's hair

Then he came over to me, and I laughed and said he couldn't because my hair was in a pony tail. Can't isn't a word that they understand.

after discovering that my headband didn't fit him, it landed back on my head.

As we walked out and started back to the park we watched a little girl dragging her feet as her family was headed to check out of the hotel and go home. As if sensing her need for a cheering up - Goofy walked over and took her hand. Her face just lit up and we could head her telling Goofy about her stay.

• Wishing

Erin took a video of the pirates singing to me -

There is one thing I could do every day while I'm there. That is watch the Parade of Dreams. I love it. Some people don't understand why I like it so much, I don't really either. But it is special for me. So as we headed over to find seats for Fantasmic! and the parade crossed our path I stayed while Rachel and Erin went to find spots.

I will spare you all pictures - I took quite a few. Maybe I will put them up in flickr and anyone who wants to see them can.
    Last edited by butterflylark; 08-16-2007 at 07:36 PM.

• Wishing

When I say I love Fantasmic! even more than I love the Parade of Dreams, well it's quite a thing. I watch Fantasmic more than I take pictures, I just kinda wanted to see if I could.

The next day brought High School Musical. Which after working a production and the fact that I'll be working another in January - well you've got to love it. Well I just love theatre, and musicals. Those pictures will be up later.

• Wishing

OMG HSM!!!!
    it was chaos. Rachel likes to hit the park early, so she got there and saw the crowds then called us. Erin was out the door soon after. Carrie and I arrived and I handed over my camera to Erin who proceeded to take great pictures, trying not to get too close with my zoom lens.

Carrie and I went and rode rides instead. There were too many people and I'm a bit on the short side and couldn't see over the heads.

OO I forgot I rode in the canoes the day before. Erin got a picture from the Island where she had been waiting to see Captain Jack.

• Wishing

This was one of my favorites. He came out and put his finger to his lips to quiet the crowd which had apparently been chanting. He said if they screamed, he wouldn't sign anything.

• Wishing

Let me mention one more time that I love shows. If there are people performing I want to see it at least once. This time we weren't just watching Erin was involved.

the Bank Teller and Employee of the Month - Erin!

Um... a different show

We wandered over to DCA, Carrie had never been so we had to at least look around. We ended up in the Sorcerers Workshop where we found out what character we were most like then put our voices into movies.

Erin was Lady from Lady and the Tramp. Carrie was Tinker Bell. Rachel was The Old Hag - but she had laughed and clicked the 'Likes to eat people for lunch' button I got Cinderella.

Dependable and Loyal. Not Afraid of Mice. Lives by the motto 'If the shoe fits, wear it.'

Erin and I did the Beauty and the Beast clip and I voiced the Beast. It was kinda funny. Rachel and Carrie did one from Bambi.

Well... it had been a while so it was time for another show.

So the Block Party isn't my Favorite thing, but it draws you in.

Ok, so brief story - then why I was so embaressed.
    Earlier that morning I had been saying I wanted to catch the Mary Poppins show in front of the castle. After the High School Musical stuff had been cleared I thought it would perform. But it didn't. so as we were wandering around doing our last minute shopping I head the piano at Coke Corner and looked and there they were. It was a meet and greet, but I was still way excited.
    The others joined me and we sat at a table to watch for a bit then think about getting in line. Bert wanders off and I think he is maybe leaving but he just peeks out onto Main Street then returns and I laugh and apparently say very loudly "Oh, he was checking the time! How cute."
    He made a funny face at me, kind of a smile wink thing. I didn't realize he had heard me until everyone later told me how loud I had been talking.

We got a semi group picture but it was on Rachel's camera so I won't post it. And Erin had more pictures on hers but she has now joined the mice chat side so she can post her own from now on.

The end! Though not forever.
    Last edited by butterflylark; 08-16-2007 at 08:53 PM.

• Minion

Happy birthday! Great pictures Nice seeing you this weekend.

• Let's all go . . .

649.8 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth!

I like seeing Mary Poppins and Bert, too. They're fun to watch and I love Mary Poppins' white dress with the red belt.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Great report!

Bravo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast