Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Digging to Earth's center

Re: Adventure Thru Inner Space gets another shot!

I've never been on ATIS, but I wish I could've seen it. With today's technology, imagine how awesome it could be! Maybe similar to the Spaceship Earth (omnimover system, and its new revamp is going to give it a "choose your future" element like Horizons, right?), but with a lot more... It would be cool to have an Indiana Jones vehicle experience through the human body (that would be more like Fantastic Voyage than ATIS), but I'm not sure if I prefer that or ATIS...
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

• Banned User

Meh
    Love the usual Pixar-Bashing from you guys...I wonder why Disney never made attractions based on their animated films...oh wait.

ATIS. Living in the past? Well, it is still a futuristic concept, but Star Tours, imho, utilizes the space better. I remember riding ATIS right before it closed, it was a 'meh' experience. Some people need to stop living in the past. Fantastic Voyage and ATIS, as much as they share in PREMISE, are two different things. Body Wars was more like Fantastic Voyage than ATIS ever was, the simple truth.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator View Post
    Meh
    Love the usual Pixar-Bashing from you guys...I wonder why Disney never made attractions based on their animated films...oh wait.

ATIS. Living in the past? Well, it is still a futuristic concept, but Star Tours, imho, utilizes the space better. I remember riding ATIS right before it closed, it was a 'meh' experience. Some people need to stop living in the past. Fantastic Voyage and ATIS, as much as they share in PREMISE, are two different things. Body Wars was more like Fantastic Voyage than ATIS ever was, the simple truth.

Aha but nobody said ATIS had to be in the same exact spot! I think there's a few "innovative" spots for that attraction.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• 20 hour C

I have not seen any reference to this ride and the employee who would throw soup at the guests. If you beg me I will tell that story.

• 20 hour C

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    it's spelt "design"

man people and spelling these days
    Spelt?

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by exdisney27 View Post
    Spelt?
    from dictionary.com

spell1 /spɛl/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[spel]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciationverb, spelled or spelt, spell·ing.
    –verb (used with object) 1.to name, write, or otherwise give the letters, in order, of (a word, syllable, etc.): Did I spell your name right? 2.(of letters) to form (a word, syllable, etc.): The letters spelled a rather rude word. 3.to read letter by letter or with difficulty (often fol. by out): She painfully spelled out the message. 4.to discern or find, as if by reading or study (often fol. by out). 5.to signify; amount to: This delay spells disaster for us. –verb (used without object) 6.to name, write, or give the letters of words, syllables, etc.: He spells poorly. 7.to express words by letters, esp. correctly. —Verb phrases 8.spell down, to outspell others in a spelling match. 9.spell out, a.to explain something explicitly, so that the meaning is unmistakable: Must I spell it out for you? b.to write out in full or enumerate the letters of which a word is composed: The title “Ph.D.” is seldom spelled out.

As far as ATIS goes. I would not mind some kind of ride that talk about atoms and nano technology, but I wouldn't want a strict recreation of ATIS.

• 20 hour C

You win!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by symbolic View Post
    just as long as they dont take out anyother rides because of it.
    I can think of a couple rides in Tomorrowland that I wouldn't cry over if they were taken out and replaced. If any of the lands should have rides taken and replaced, it's Tomorrowland. Amazingly, the other lands have had more rehab than the land that SHOULD be of constant change.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    So the answer is that Disney is so creatively bankrupt that they can't make popular movies anymore? Isn't that the reason Eisner turned to outside properties in the 1980s?

I think there's a far better chance that you can get a High School Musical 2 ride in Tomorrowland. Why don't you petition for that instead.
    I get the sarcasm, but with all the odd changes, you never know. And if it does happen, Disney might as well ditch the "theme lands" (watch Walt roll around in his grave). We all ready have fantasy rides in a land that keeps getting a new name, Pirates in Frontierland and Talking Fish in Tomorrowland.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Aha but nobody said ATIS had to be in the same exact spot! I think there's a few "innovative" spots for that attraction.
    Can anyone say innoventions? That building over there looks quite appealing for a new E-ticket.

• Banned User

OK, now that i can post again I can defend my comment. It was not meant to tear anyone down, as opposed to the reactionary comments...but anyway.

I was pointing out that most of those here wish certain attraction were never removed, and I completely disagree with those ideals. I want new fresh ideas, ones that will propel Disneyland forward look drag it back wards. Plus Tomorrowland is receiving enough attention as it is. I hope they will start looking to improve other lands, long before opting to restore a now non extinct attraction.

I hope next time before dishing out the negative feedback you should appreciate that some have a different view of disneyland, and on an internet forms should be allowed to voice their opinion.

• Minion

>>Can anyone say innoventions? That building over there looks quite appealing for a new E-ticket.<<

Innoventions or the Redd Rockets/Honey I Shrunk the Kids space are both more than adequate. You need a two-story set-up, as a key sensory part of the effect was going backwards down the track ramp, slowly shrinking.

For me, the cool thing about ATIS was the era it represented for me and my personal memories of Disneyland. It was such the quintessential 60's Disneyland ride. I don't know if it would mean the same thing now.

I would also be very disappointed if I had to stand in a long line to ride it. Much of the appeal of the ride back in the early to mid 70's was that you could escape the heat, sun and crowds by riding an omnimover past giant snowflakes!

• Minion

>>I would also be very disappointed if I had to stand in a long line to ride it.<<

Omnimovers are high capacity!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Let's step back a moment that think about what is actually being proposed. I know a lot of people would like to bring ATIS back exactly as it once was. Heck, I'd even like to ride it again just for old times sake. But, those who say that it's time has come and gone are probably right. Though extremely innovative in its day, it might not quite rise to the expectations of today. When it debuted, nobody had ever seen anything like it before. But, as always, audiences become more and more sophisticated and what once worked just fine becomes stale. (Sort of like the attraction currently residing where ATIS once did.)

The basic idea, however, of shrinking and injecting the guest into a microscopic world is still valid. So, instead of cardboard snowflakes covered in glitter and giant water molecules... wouldn't a journey through a human bloodstream be interesting? Imagine traveling through the brain with its electrical flashes. Into a giant beating heart. Seeing blue corpuscles take on oxygen in the lungs and turn bright red. On and on. I'd pay to see that. (Spare me the jokes about the exit. We're in the bloodstream.)

It would still be a way of re-imagining ATIS in an updated format. I don't think Merlin is talking about dusting off the old sets and setting the wayback machine to 1969. Just taking the basic idea of the old ride and creating a new one.

The concept would fit nicely with Tomorrowland, particularly if medical advances and predictions are presented. This would also help Tomorrowland out of its current "it's all about space" problem. (Yes... Submarines and Autopia aside. That anomaly has been talked to death.)

Frankly, there's no need to make any tie-in with a Fox movie. The story has been around for years. I'm a little tired of movie rides anyway. Just take the most basic inspiration from the idea and create something unique and different.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast