Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Minion

Re: Adventure Thru Inner Space gets another shot!

>>What I meant, if they were going to bring back this once original ride (see what I did there) they better have something more up to date, which why wouldn't they. There would be no snowflake anymore - it'd probably be something else.<<

Good idea - - I'm glad you want to see a creative ride experience like this return too!

>>But yeah, that's what's missing... We're making for a stupid generation. And sadly, I'm in that generation.<<

Adventure Thru Inner Space was no dull "textbook" lecture, it was a first-hand sci-fi psychedelic melodrama! That one learned from the trip was secondary to the entertainment experience, but Walt knew how to blend learning and entertainment well. These are not mutually exclusive concepts.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by codelyokorox View Post
    Oh man, new PeopleMover -star eyes-. Okay, I'm a tiny bit confused. Which old attraction? The old PeopleMover Attraction, or the old ATIS attraction? Sorry, it's morning and I'm a little lame.

Well, but we do explore technology and such... in Innoventions. At the very beginnning, when the Cast Member displays things to you... I like that part. Very interesting.

But yeah, that's what's missing... We're making for a stupid generation. And sadly, I'm in that generation.
    Oh lol I'm sorry, I meant the old ATIS attraction. In any case, if/when a new PeopleMover surfaces, it will have to be similar to the old attraction in that it's a tour of Tomorrowland.

Too bad Innoventions isn't futuristic :/ I think it was a bad idea to begin with...if you keep having to update the place, of course it's going to be 5 years too old very quickly. Too bad we didn't get Plectu's Galactic Revue.

I think the best direction Tomorrowland can go is into the fantastical side of the future...being too realistic will make it old too fast. A little bit of fantasy makes it timeless.

But, it has to make a least a little sense And you have to use your brain at least a little bit.

You're totally right, merlin...Walt knew how to mesh knowledge and fun together. I wish we had more of that.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Oh, haha, I thought so, my eyes were hurting and I was tired, so my brain refused to process your post correctly. I enjoyed the old PeopleMover. I want it back... now.

But it shows new technology, that's what I meant. I might've come off wrong... I really do like Innoventions, at the beginning. I freaked out the first time I went in, couldn't find the exit.

I've seen pictures of the 60's Tomorrowland... Why did we get rid of that? It's JUST LIKE how Tomorrowland should look.

Yeah, Merlin, I know. I really wish we had more of that... or that I had explored EPCOT a little bit more while I had the chance...

• Minion

More on Fantastic Voyage remake:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=21109

• Minion

of course the original tomorrowland is how a tomorrowland is supposed to look! walt made it!

and midecentury is chic and it would totally work with some new elements too.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456