Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Expectations as the 17th approaches

At this point, it seems that the anticipation for the 17th has been building for as long as I can remember. With only 10 days left until the big day, What are your expectations for the day?

Do you have a particular attraction you have to see/do/experience on the 17th?
    Are you going to follow a tradition you have on your trips for DLs birthday?
    Will you be there for only a portion of the day, just to say you were there that day?
    Are you going to be camping out outside the security gates all night so as to guarantee a spot close to the entrance gates?
    Will you have your name embroidered on the golden ears they give you?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Re: Expectations as the 17th approaches

I am so confused about the 17th I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't know if it's allowed to camp out, or if you guys are gonna be there already, or if I can even get in with my AP Premium pass...

blah!!!

• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    Will you be there for only a portion of the day, just to say you were there that day?

you know it, buddy. i think the crowds will be....HELL.... stupid mother people. =D
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

• Banned User

At this point in time, I am only expecting chaos and lots of people pushing and shoving their way around a very crowded DL Park. Lots of tempers will flare and many will be disappointed by the conditions.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by viewaskewniverse
    I am so confused about the 17th I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't know if it's allowed to camp out, or if you guys are gonna be there already, or if I can even get in with my AP Premium pass...

blah!!!
    You will be able to get in with your PAP if you get there early enough, and remember, if you leave, you may not be able to get back in. Camping out - That will be an interesting one. On the 5th, they did allow people to line up outside the yellow security tents prior to 6am.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    You will be able to get in with your PAP if you get there early enough, and remember, if you leave, you may not be able to get back in. Camping out - That will be an interesting one. On the 5th, they did allow people to line up outside the yellow security tents prior to 6am.
    How early do you think I should get there? Or how early are they allowing people to get there? I just wanna go in and out. haha. Just to say I was there.

And for a free cupcake.

Yum.

• Senior Minion

I think the first mission is to get into the park. Not sure when and if someone can camp out, I have heard different Stories (some with Tents?)<~~
    I was just wondering can people camp out? I saw a posting on here that there was no camping out from DL security. Im just going to get in the park and survive the crowds. So probably get in line by 5am, bringing my own coffee.
    Hopefully as the day goes on the crowds will thin. the ears I get on the 50th, I have a plan for those but I can't say at this point if it will work out.
    I just want to be there with my wife and fellow Mice chatters. Going to the Blue Bayou early so should be good!! Monte Cristo should fill me up for the rest of the day. What Im really curious about, is where the "Walt events" are going on, will it just be congested in those areas and will there be press?

No matter what, I just look forward to being there on July 17th, 2005
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by viewaskewniverse
    How early do you think I should get there? Or how early are they allowing people to get there? I just wanna go in and out. haha. Just to say I was there.

And for a free cupcake.

Yum.
    I'm figuring that as long as I am there by 8am, I should be able to get in. I don't have to be the first one in. So, as long as you are there by 8-9, you should make it inside. If you want to be "the first group", you may want to be there as soon as security lets you.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Official MC Thread Killer

I think we're going to be there around 7ish. Don't wanna be too early because we plan on staying all day until closing time. As far as plans and expectations, we don't really have any. We're just going to go and rough it depending on the crowds and wait times. All that matters is that I'm in the park on that special day
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

I think it will be insanely crowded! We're talking...15 minute waits for Pooh
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    I think it will be insanely crowded! We're talking...15 minute waits for Pooh
    I think the lines for the bathrooms will be a little shorter than that.

• off in lala land

OMG... 2 DAYS BEFORE I AM THERE

Do you have a particular attraction you have to see/do/experience on the 17th?
    - Like on 5/5, I loved to see the rededication ceremony

- hmmmm... watching fireworks and riding The Haunted Mansion!

- All day, wooo hooo

Are you going to be camping out outside the security gates all night so as to guarantee a spot close to the entrance gates?
    - As far as I know, camping out and hopefully in DCA!

- This will be the very first pair of mouse ears I own. I think it's only appropriate my name is on it.
    ...it's been a long time.

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

Well, I'm having lunch with JudiMouse, and a friend of mine from another Disney website - then hope to arrive a bit late for the noon Micechat meet - then off to a meet Darkbeer is hosting around 1ish... then Tiki Room at 2, Jungle Cruise at 3, then rest and enjoy the atmosphere until time to head up to the balcony for 9 pm Fantasmic.
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• insufferable know-it-all

Will be in the park Saturday evening at closing (midnight, get it?)

DCA line all night

Attractions first thing in the morning (plus if there's any great t-shirts like in the past, I'll pick one up), undecided about the ceremony, but there's a fair chance I might split off my group to go see it, noon meet at the hub, carousel at 1, probably more attractions with friends, then Blue Bayou at 5:50. By that time, after being out all night, I'll no doubt be exhausted and go home after dinner.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Zapp's Minion :D

Do you have a particular attraction you have to see/do/experience on the 17th? IASW & Space Mt.

I will be there all day long!!

Are you going to be camping out outside the security gates all night so as to guarantee a spot close to the entrance gates? YES and hopefully waiting inline inside DCA

Yes and I still need to buy a golden name tag!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast