Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Magic price for admission?

WDW just raised their one day one park pass to $71. If the one day park pass was the only option open to you, what is the maximum amount you would pay for a one day ticket to Disneyland?

Please keep this to Disneyland only and not DCA. We don't need any negative numbers here.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Magic price for admission?

I was just thinking about this same thing this morning. Just the other day the LA Times reported that housing sales are down 27% from this time last year in California. This got me to thinking that it would be ridiculous for Disney to even think of raising ticket prices until the economy gets a little better -- which unfortunately I don't think is going to happen for a while, and even worse, I think things will be getting worse before they get better.

• DL Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I was just thinking about this same thing this morning. Just the other day the LA Times reported that housing sales are down 27% from this time last year in California. This got me to thinking that it would be ridiculous for Disney to even think of raising ticket prices until the economy gets a little better -- which unfortunately I don't think is going to happen for a while, and even worse, I think things will be getting worse before they get better.

DLR caters to everybody though not just California residents...

they could up the prices and people will STILL fly in to go to DLR.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Closed Account

I would probably pay maximum $100 for a one day park hopper, but I would only go once a year.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    DLR caters to everybody though not just California residents...

they could up the prices and people will STILL fly in to go to DLR.
    Unfortunately, people in other states could probably afford it since everything is cheaper in their home states than here in California.

But to answer the OP, I'd pay $65 for one day ticket to Disneyland but I wouldn't be able to get any souvenirs because of that high price.

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    I would probably pay maximum $100 for a one day park hopper, but I would only go once a year.
    How about a one day non-park hopper?

• n/a

This opens up a new oppertunity for a "Magical Moment". They could bump up a family's ticket to park hopper or heck, give them 1/2 off.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Note, the 2008 multi-day prices were announced July 31st for Disneyland.

The single day and AP prices were not, and are expected to be announced next month (nothing official, based on last year's schedule).

So currently we have $63 for a single park one day ticket, and $83 for a one day ParkHopper.

My guess, it will go up to $67 or $68 for a single park in one day (based on how much the multi-day prices went up). One Day Parkhoppers might go as high as $89.

Now, that is $68 for a single day in Anaheim, which has a higher cost of living and hourly wage than Florida.

And the WDW tickets have tax added, so it is actually it is $75.62 for a single day, single park in WDW compared to Disneyland, so about 10% more for a park that has less to offer than Disneyland, both in attractions and in hours of operation.

Now, as to how much I am willing to pay, I think even at $63 Disneyland is overpriced (and glad I have an AP).

Currently someone can get into Knott's or SFMM for about $30, and Universal for about $50 with easily found discounts.

I would say $50 is about my limit for a one day pass to Disneyland, and as for DCA, $20 is about my limit for that park.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post

Currently someone can get into Knott's or SFMM for about $30, and Universal for about $50 with easily found discounts.
    Would be nice if Disney offered deals like these.

• UT99 Forever

$100 BILLION DOLLARS

I wouldn't pay more than $50 for a single day admission to the park. I will gladly shell out the $359 for the Premium Annual Pass though. Me, my wife, and soon my son will all have them.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• Banned User

How about eliminating the one-park price and just make all the one-day tickets a two-park ducat priced at $73 for 10-and-up and $53 for kids 2-9?

• UT99 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    How about eliminating the one-park price and just make all the one-day tickets a two-park ducat priced at $73 for 10-and-up and $53 for kids 2-9?

Not a bad idea. The single park ticket is a little goofy considering how close the two are physically. In Florida, where the parks are far apart, it make more sense.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

But if you eliminate the lowest price ticket (the single day, single park ticket) you will lose customers as the other theme parks in the area look more attractive.

Knott's is having an excellent summer season due to its pricing and marketing strategies.

You have to keep a low end price point to keep attendance up in general, especially in Anaheim, as Disneyland has about 60% of its business being locals. In Florida, the amount of locals is a lot less.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I think Disneyland is overpriced right now. I'm sorry that sounds mean but I can't afford a one day ticket and $63 for one day? Think about it if you have a big family, that's a chunk.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast