Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Face Character auditions...AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by codelyokorox View Post
    Well, I'm 5'10" and I'm skinny...

But my stomach is kinda weirdly shaped. But I smile while dancing, and I have a great personality, so I can handle them throwing things at me...

Gosh. I want to try out so bad.
    You should totally try out! Just make sure to be there like an hour before hand. That way you will get in first and if you don't get picked then you still have the entire day to do whatever.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by evieelizabeth View Post
    You should totally try out! Just make sure to be there like an hour before hand. That way you will get in first and if you don't get picked then you still have the entire day to do whatever.
    The entire day to do whatever?
    Haha, I'd just go home... I live two hours away.

Mom's not wanting to drive me for the audition though. I'm pretty certain I won't make it, but if I audition this year, I can figure out why I didn't make it and try again next year!

I wish I had a carpool... I can't drive yet.

• Off to Neverland

a friend of mine was one of the dwarfs in the CFP last year. She's not super skinny or necessarily a great dancer... but since she's in one of those costumes I guess it doesn't really matter.

• back in Austin

^ I think you should go for it. You obviously want to, so why not? I think you probably have more going for you than you think you do.

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan View Post
    ^ I think you should go for it. You obviously want to, so why not? I think you probably have more going for you than you think you do.
    Heehee, that made me smile.

I suppose I will. I just need to figure out a ride...

And I will ride my bike if need arises. I'll have to leave at like... 2 am.

I guess I'll figure out a carpool... Or convince mom...

• back in Austin

OK, but you have to post here and let us know how it went, good or bad! agreed?

I promise that if I can make it to the audition, I will post an entire thread (or this one if I can find it!) about how it went.

I'm going to visit my uncle tomorrow. See if I can convince him to drive me down there... and maybe he and I can chill in downtown Disney. (He loves Disney as much as any of us. ) So we'll see.

• Banned User

So you're 5-10, eh, codelyokorox?

If there were face characters for Queen of Hearts, you'd make it. But they have Cruella DeVil at that height as well...

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    So you're 5-10, eh, codelyokorox?

If there were face characters for Queen of Hearts, you'd make it. But they have Cruella DeVil at that height as well...
    Yeah, I am. Well, last time I checked. I coulda shrunk or grown taller. I need to measure myself soon.

I'd love to be a Queen of Hearts! "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!" Heehee.

But I'm too nice for Cruella... I'd slip and smile.

• Kitty Marie

Thumbs up Re: Face Character auditions...AGAIN!

Okay... I worked at Disney World last yeat, and attended an audition with my friend who was trying out. I was going to try out, but got the flu, and couldn't. Anyway, first they have you do a dance to some music. Mostly fast-paced. They are looking for out-going people, and the more animated ones who go all out. If you make that cut, you then do animation. They tell you a scenario, and you have to act it out. It could be collecting acorns out of a tree... or something else equally random. They take your height when you first get there. If you qualify for anything, they'll let you know what you can do. Also... I know Cinderellas that ranged from size 2-10.. so it really just depends what they want at the time. Good luck to all of you who are trying out!!! I hope the info helped some!! Break a leg!

they don't want you to be superskinny and you have to be atleast 17 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by AlgaeCat View Post
    I hear they look mostly for superskinny girls (and short). But there are a few characters I've seen to have a bit more meat. I know I've seen a few "normal" shaped Alices and some of the lesser characters- Cinderella's step sisters and I've seen some generic dances at the electrical parade who have more normal bodies.

I've always wanted to audit but at 5'9 and too many pounds I'm thinking that ship has sailed. I can't dance but I can lasso... maybe I can find my nitch in frontier land.

Well at a size 0 last time i tried out I got past everything but fitting into the costume..so superskinny is definitely not what they want.

However the height is a different story 5'3" -5'6" seems to be what they like the most 5'3" is really stretching it.

Quote Originally Posted by evieelizabeth View Post
    Hey Raiderette!

It's that time of year again isn't it? lol...I might go, but it would all depend on what my professors decide to dump on me this week!
    You have to go! I'll quit my job to go. I have been overeating and getting myself sick trying to gain weight for this thing. I want it so bad!

it's on a saturday....you don't have weekend classes do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderette4gnr View Post
    they don't want you to be superskinny and you have to be atleast 17 I believe.
    no, you don't. It says it right on the page. I read it eight times to be sure.

And it doesn't say anything about heigth, so I'm trying out anyway. And I'm not superskinny, just skinny.

Wait. What are you trying out for? I'm trying out for the Christmas parade... You sound like your trying out for a face character. This might be why we're confusing eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderette4gnr View Post
    You have to go! I'll quit my job to go. I have been overeating and getting myself sick trying to gain weight for this thing. I want it so bad!

it's on a saturday....you don't have weekend classes do you?
    No I don't but I am taking 18 units and they are all English Lit classes (my major) so I have a ton of reading to do.

Oh! But I did ask my professors today what the homework would be for the rest of the week, and I found that it is not much so therefore I am going! YAY! I'm dragging my sister along with me and so we can go to Disneyland afterwards. If I recall, at one audtion you brought your boyfriend, was it?, along even though he wasn't auditioning. I have that same situation but with my sister since she is only 16. Do you know if she can still come in with me but just stand off to the side? Thanks!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast