Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• some imagination huh?

Re: Face Character auditions...AGAIN!

It's been discussed as to what size the princess gowns are, but what about Alice & Wendy's outfits? Does anyone know what size are they typically?
    Based on the typical characters I've seen in the park, I'm going to guestimate that most of the girls that play Alice and Wendy are usually about a 4 or 6. I'm assuming the difference in the sizes would probably be petite as opposed to regular womens sizes, since those girls are normally a bit shorter than the typical Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderette4gnr View Post
    I really don't want to dance.
    Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that even if it's just a regular audition for Princesses, some dance movement is going to be involved. If you're casted as a Princess, and end up working at the only meet and greet for them in DL, they perform in the coronation show at the PFF. If you've seen the show though, it's not that difficult to learn the dance, and it's more about the delivery than the actual technical aspect.

Good luck to all you guys! Hopefully I'll see some of you around the PFF in the near future

• I found my Prince!

Good luck to all those trying out!!!
    I tried out once, it was fun and I met lots of really nice girls!
    Alas I feel I might be getting too old to achieve my dream of becoming a princess...At least I still have Halloween!

• Closed Account

Kinda random question, but it pertains to the auditions...
    Suppose one of you was chosen to be a face character, you wouldn't be allowed to tell us would you? Don't they contractually require you not to tell people? Could you say you were chosen, but not reveal for what character?

I always schemed that if I was ever a face character I would tell my family and close friends "I didn't get the part, but next time you go to the park take a close look at Belle (or Aurora, or Snow White, or whoever)

• Future Imagineer!!

Man if only i could be belle......although i think at 5'10 im a bit on the tall side.....stupid me and my being tall!!!!

why couldnt you say who you were though?

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
    Man if only i could be belle......although i think at 5'10 im a bit on the tall side.....stupid me and my being tall!!!!

why couldnt you say who you were though?
    I don't know, I had just always heard from different friends of friends (basically urban legends, because I don't know who said it in the first place), that you had to basically sign a code of secrecy. It wouldn't really surprise me, it kinda fits with all the "don't ruin the magic stuff". Because if people told their families and friends it seems like you would often have people running up to characters saying (in my case) "Oh Kelly, lets take your picture, you look so pretty, you're finally Mary Poppins, we're so proud of you" and so on.

• Future Imagineer!!

oh i guess that would make sense.....id have to tell my best friend though....mostly because im pretty sure shed find out somehow anyway

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be at the audition this Saturday, too. I was wondering about my size, and if it would work for any of the characters. I'm about 5'4" and 100 pounds, and my size is usually in between 0 and 2. Does this work????

Also, someone on here mentioned that the same actress has played both Snow White and Alice ... did this happen at Disneyland in California? And if so, would someone like me, whose height isn't short, but not tall either, be able to play a princess as well as Alice and Wendy?

Any info would be great! Thanks, everyone!

--Ava

• Banned User

There's quite a few that play multiple characters like Alice, Wendy Darling, and Snow White just to name a few, and sometimes they also play an rubber face like Mickey in a pinch.

• A Forever Dancing Pirate

On the Black Pearl, Caribbean (close to DLR)

As to the questions on if you can tell someone who you are, the answer is no. Because there's is only one of that character and they're real you know. But you can say that you're very good friends with certain characters.
    ~Pearl~
    Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me!

Thanks for your response, mousinphilly! The reason I asked is because I heard that Alice and Wendy are generally played by one set of girls (usually 5'0" to 5'2" or so), and the princesses are played by another set, which are taller. Is this not true? Can you be a princess and one of the "little girls" at the same time? I've heard this is true at Disney World, but what about Disneyland?

Thanks!

--Ava

To answer your question FantasmicPrincess, littlecricket who actually works at the park answered this question the best. (She was answering a question that was posed which asked if the people playing the characters could come to micechat and talk about their job).

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    Technically he shouldnt. I mean he could, but at the park they all have to stay in character no matter what so even if you extend an invitation they wouldn't be able to accept. After all, neither Wonderland or Neverland have internet access. ;P

It's also forbidden for people in the entertainment department to go online and talk about their jobs. They could get in serious trouble for it, even fired. Heck, management even discourage characters from becoming friends with Annual Passholders. Even if they did show up here, you couldn't expect to get anything out of them.
    Hope that answers your question!

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
    Thanks for your response, mousinphilly! The reason I asked is because I heard that Alice and Wendy are generally played by one set of girls (usually 5'0" to 5'2" or so), and the princesses are played by another set, which are taller. Is this not true? Can you be a princess and one of the "little girls" at the same time? I've heard this is true at Disney World, but what about Disneyland?

Thanks!

--Ava
    I don't believe that is true. I think that it is 4'10"-5'2" is the correct heights for Alice/Wendy and for the Princesses it is 5'4"-5'7".

I thought it was something like that. Thanks, evieelizabeth! What about my height/weight, then, which is 5'4" 1/2 or so, and 100 lbs? I feel like I'm in an awkward place ... too big for Alice/Wendy, but too small for a princess.

What do you think? Any info or help?

Thanks in advance!

Wow, if I may say so, you are very tiny! Well, I don't know if I can give an honest assesment because I am not the one judging and making the decisions as to who gets hired. But I say that your chances are as good as anybody else's, so you should just go ahead and try out! I did in January (got cut on the first round) and I met a lot of nice people and had a great time just being there.

Oh and welcome to MiceChat, btw!!

• Future Imagineer!!

How many people did they cut during the first round?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast