Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Re: Face Character auditions...AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm going to be at the audition this Saturday, too. I was wondering about my size, and if it would work for any of the characters. I'm about 5'4" and 100 pounds, and my size is usually in between 0 and 2. Does this work????

Also, someone on here mentioned that the same actress has played both Snow White and Alice ... did this happen at Disneyland in California? And if so, would someone like me, whose height isn't short, but not tall either, be able to play a princess as well as Alice and Wendy?

Any info would be great! Thanks, everyone!

--Ava

Your size is probably going to be a problem if they wanted you to be a princess.

I'm going to tell the same old story, but the first time I auditioned that was my main problem. I made it past the face cuts and everything no problem, but being a size 0 there was no way I could look decent in a costume.

I know for a fact there is one princess who is both wendy and snow white...so regardless of the height rule they must have made an exception for her.

Thank you!

I'm pretty skinny, and so that's why I was worried when I read that the dress sizes for the princesses don't go lower than a 6 (and one girl said that she was a size 0 and didn't fit into the dresses). So I thought about Alice and Wendy, but I believe I'm too tall to be considered for them.

Oh, well. I'm just going to go and have a good time, like you said, and see what happens. I hope this doesn't sound like an ignorant question, but what does the first part of the audition (the part you said you were cut at) entail? What happens? And is there anything I can do at this part to increase my chances?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
    How many people did they cut during the first round?
    Oh goodness, I have no idea. There was at least 400+ people there when I was and we were each brought in by groups of 50. So in my group of 50 only 6ish were picked and the other 44 were cut. So I guess if you want to do some math you could probably find out some statistic for it. But the bottom line is, is that not a lot of people make it past the first round.

Thank you!

I'm pretty skinny, and so that's why I was worried when I read that the dress sizes for the princesses don't go lower than a 6 (and one girl said that she was a size 0 and didn't fit into the dresses). So I thought about Alice and Wendy, but I believe I'm too tall to be considered for them.

Oh, well. I'm just going to go and have a good time, like you said, and see what happens. I hope this doesn't sound like an ignorant question, but what does the first part of the audition (the part you said you were cut at) entail? What happens? And is there anything I can do at this part to increase my chances?

Thanks again!
    I went searching through the old threads and I found my account of what happened when I went in January.

Well guys, I just came back from the auditions and I got cut straight away. I got there at about 7 and boy was I glad I was there that early! There must have been at least 500 people lined up. Anyway, I was in the second group of 50 to go in. We got lead through the backstage area and into a building which literally borders the back of Toontown. The room was like a dance studio with mirrors on one end. There were numbers on the ground (1-10) and all of us lined up in rows of ten behind the numbers, I was at number 8. Then the head casting guy introduced himself and the two other women that were judging. Very friendly, happy-peppy people. There were two other people sitting at a table in front of the mirrors. They also were playing Disney music, to get us in the mood I guess. Be Our Guest, Chim-Chim-Cheree, etc. So anyway they just told us to look ahead and smile and so, naturally, I did. They went down the line from 1 to 10 asking about 8 of us, including me, how we were (fine and how are you? they said fine) and had I worked there before (I said no but that I would like to...hahaha). So after they had gone down the rows they stepped back and talked behind their clipboards/notepads and then finally the guy said, "well, numbers 2 and 5 please go to the right and wait patienly and the rest of you go to the left and wait patiently please. thank you." And so I was in the left group. It was literaly 2 minutes top.

Then the other people behind us went and out of all us maybe 10 went on to the next round. Then just before we left they had us all line up in a big line and to have one last look at us before dismissing us. So that was it. 10 minutes tops. I showed up at 7, auditions started at 8, was out of there at 8:20.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    Because if people told their families and friends it seems like you would often have people running up to characters saying (in my case) "Oh Kelly, lets take your picture, you look so pretty, you're finally Mary Poppins, we're so proud of you" and so on.
    Hmm, it seems like that would happen more if family members didn't know in advance:

"Hey, there's Mary Popp--WHA?! Kelly, is that you? Why didn't you tell us?! That's it, you're out of the will!"

Thanks for the info, Raiderette4gnr! You know, my size is what I've been worried about for a while now. I have this dilemma: being 5'4" and 100 pounds, I figure that either I won't work for either Alice and Wendy OR the princesses -- or, I could go either way.

So, I have shoes that make me appear "taller" and ones that make me "smaller" -- I was thinking that I could try to make myself look either bigger or smaller, depending on which side (Alice/Wendy or princesses) I have a better chance at. But I don't want to sabotage my chances for either one, either.

What do you think? Do you know how tall the girl is who plays both Wendy and Snow White? Also, does she play Alice, too? I was pretty sure that all of the girls who played Wendy also played Alice (as they're basically the same character...)

Thanks again for your help!
    Last edited by Avalanche; 09-05-2007 at 07:41 PM.

Do you happen to know how important height really is? I mean, since I'm on the thin side, if my face was right for Alice/Wendy, and I moved well, would they let the fact that I'm 5'4" "slide," and wig me for those characters, or would are they pretty strict about those characters being 5'2" or under?

• some imagination huh?

So, I have shoes that make me appear "taller" and ones that make me "smaller" -- I was thinking that I could try to make myself look either bigger or smaller, depending on which side (Alice/Wendy or princesses) I have a better chance at. But I don't want to sabotage my chances for either one, either.
    Although I haven't been to a face character audition, I've been to some other auditions for the same department. From that experience I can tell you that they asked all the girls to remove their shoes and then took their height.

"Disney height" is, I find, slightly different from 'normal' height. I typically measure at 5'8 but when I auditioned I was just over 5'7. I don't think you would sabotage your chances, just be aware that you may be measured based on your height without shoes.

Do you happen to know how important height really is? I mean, since I'm on the thin side, if my face was right for Alice/Wendy, and I moved well, would they let the fact that I'm 5'4" "slide," and wig me for those characters, or would are they pretty strict about those characters being 5'2" or under?
    I can't speak for the Entertainment department, but I'm pretty sure that if you measure between Princess/Wendy height it wouldn't be that big a deal if you fit every other aspect they're looking for. There are Princesses that are typically shorter than others (Snow, Cindy, and Ariel for instance) aside from the fact that the shoes the characters wear have a slight heel (even Alice and Wendy's shoes have about a good half inch) which might be why they emphasize the 5'2 so that even with the heel on they're still in the right range for the character...

• Cherry Tart

If you're 5'4" you would not be wigged for Alice or Wendy. They are rediculously picky about the height.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    If you're 5'4" you would not be wigged for Alice or Wendy. They are rediculously picky about the height.
    Yeah, that's kind of what I was afraid of ... because of my body type (skinny, very small breasts, etc.), I was kind of hoping for a chance at Alice and Wendy, but I was worried that my height would be an issue, and I guess I was right.

Oh, well ... I'm just going to go to the audition and have a good time, and hope for the best. We'll see what happens!

• Minion

Yeah, that's kind of what I was afraid of ... because of my body type (skinny, very small breasts, etc.), I was kind of hoping for a chance at Alice and Wendy, but I was worried that my height would be an issue, and I guess I was right.

Oh, well ... I'm just going to go to the audition and have a good time, and hope for the best. We'll see what happens!
    Well, if you're really serious, there's Height Reduction Surgery that can take a few inches out.

Or you might look into this program:

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/p...imishment.html

Unfortuntately, I'm not aware of any Human UnGrowth Hormone ...

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Well, if you're really serious, there's Height Reduction Surgery that can take a few inches out.

Or you might look into this program:

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/p...imishment.html

Unfortuntately, I'm not aware of any Human UnGrowth Hormone ...
    Sign me up!

But yeah, each character seems to be about the same height... except Ariel. Cause you can't very well have her stand in her mermaid form!

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    Do you happen to know what height is the ideal height for Alice or Wendy?

• Shubisha

5'2

• Curiouser and Curiouser

I am just over 5'0" and I am a size 2, would I have a shot at Alice or Wendy or do they look for people a little taller.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast