Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Space Mountain Expert

sorry guys, but can someone tell me what the difference is between using the 'Post Reply' button and the 'Quote' or 'Quick Reply' tabs? I just did a Post Reply and my response ended up somewhere completely different?
    I'm new to this whole thing.
    Thanks

• Sock Puppet

Sediment, good call!

• Sock Puppet

Also, America is overweight. There are many reasons for this, and things are getting worse. According to statistics, the numbers have more than trippled in the past three years with young children starting at the ripe age of 3. Do something now to help prevent these ghastly sights that the rest of us are forced to see everyday!

• Boozer, User, and Loser

I've been to the parks with my nephews, and understand the need for a stroller every once in a while. It's Disneyland after all. This is a place for both parents AND children.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by HarajukuBoy
    I've been to the parks with my nephews, and understand the need for a stroller every once in a while. It's Disneyland after all. This is a place for both parents AND children.
    That's why i don't plan to take my kids to DL until they can actively walk 5 miles under their own power. I will be conducting tryouts around age 3. Until then, they can stay with grandma.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigertail777
    I can sorta handle the normal size strollers, but honestly the SUV monsters that carry more than one kid, and are just HUGE, should NOT be allowed in the park EVER. There is absolutely no way, no matter how careful you are to steer those through crowds without hitting someone. Its a little like trying to steer a shopping cart with a bad wheel in a super crowded store... it is a miracle if it can be done without hitting anything.
    Huh? My SUV type stroller was the only way I was able to go out of the house once my daughter outgrew her infant seat at six months of age. Her brother had just turned two. There is no way I could have carried her and pushed him in a stroller. Nor was there any way I would have ever been able to let him walk around on his own at two. The name of that stroller was "Freedom". If I didn't have that when the kids were young, I would have been pretty well house bound.

This is not France, it is America. Different cultures, different customs. As for using strollers as a shopping cart, we only take what we need for a given day. And if the stuff isn't stored on the stroller, then it means that a parent is turned into a pack mule. Frequent trips to the inconvenient lockers on Main St. are not always the most logical way to plan ones day at the park.

As I said before, until you have been in the shoes of a parent, you have no place to judge. All you are going to do is start to insult people around here. Sugar coating the responses will do nothing to soften the blow.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    That's why i don't plan to take my kids to DL until they can actively walk 5 miles under their own power. I will be conducting tryouts around age 3. Until then, they can stay with grandma.
    I started taking my boys at 18mths and 1 year respectively and I wouldn't have missed those trips for the world.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    My children's first trip to Disneyland was a very crowded day after Christmas. Brian was 20 months, Ali was just shy of two months. It was my first trip to the park in three years. I will always remember that trip. It was a truly magical day, even with having to uncomfortably nurse Ali at various times during the day.

Oh yeah, they couldn't have stayed with grandma for that trip...she was at Disneyland with us.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Ok, I lurk here a lot but had to reply here. I always had my son in a stroller when he was younger. Now I live in the NW I will be down at Thanksgiving with a 3 MO and my son 6. I will borrow and bring my sisters dual stroller. The 6 Yo will be in it when he gets tired and the dual will take up less room than walking around with two strollers one of which will be empty most of the time. My 6 YO is not overweight actually the oppisite 52 in and 38lbs. I am considerate with the stroller (always have been), except for times in large crowds (after parades) when I have had to use my stroller as an offensive weapon jusst to get into the path. I have had people step over the top of my loaded stroller while I was walking.

This just comes down to rude pushy people of all types, learn to deal with them or go live in a cabin in North Idaho and become a uni bomber.

Sorry if that is a little rough for a first post but the world would be a much better place if we were all more considerate.

• Where's the Big Dipper?

Emp323 , I applaud you!

There is not a rule for "first posts" and I think you've done a great job!
    Last edited by libraryvixen; 02-10-2005 at 10:57 AM. Reason: boo booed on member name
    She walks in beauty, like the night
    Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
    And all that's best of dark and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

--Lord Byron

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SurfedUpDane
    Also, America is overweight. There are many reasons for this, and things are getting worse. According to statistics, the numbers have more than trippled in the past three years with young children starting at the ripe age of 3. Do something now to help prevent these ghastly sights that the rest of us are forced to see everyday!
    I see a market opportunity for bigger and stronger strollers...

I really can not begin to tell you how happy I am that you are not one of my parents. That really sucks for your kids IMHO.

First of all, young kids can LOVE DL. I know my 3 and 4 year old could not walk 5 miles between them - but they still have a BLAST each and every time they go to the park.

And for the young - as in under 1 year old, I think its great they go. It is GOOD to get the kids out so they can see and experience new things. Kids like to look at things, and there is a bunch of new stuff at DL for them to look at. My friends took their 6 month old to the park and he had wide eyes the entire time looking at eveything new around him. You could just tell he was having fun (even if he did not have a big smile on his face).

I seriously hope you chage your attitude. Strollers are not the death of America.

[RANT]And I am so sick and tired of non-parents whining and complaing about other people's kids (this thread is a perfect example of this). And really, this is the USA - you like how they do things in France so much then MOVE THERE (not a joke this time)![/RANT]

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by libraryvixen
    Emp323 , I applaud you!

There is not a rule for "first posts" and I think you've done a great job!
    There's still the initiation process...

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    There's still the initiation process...
    which includes riding IASW and a 5 gallon jug of mayonase.

• /sigh

Why should there be an age limit for DL? Why not bring the tiniest mousketeer in the park? This is a great chance for parents to still go to DL and enjoy themselves, with a little squirt in their arms. How great is that?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast