Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Drama Queen

Missing Disneyland

I've always been a Disney-lover, ever since I was a little girl with my princess panties. My parents went to Disneyland for their honeymoon. Its in my blood. Lately, I haven't been able to afford a trip, so I've felt the pangs of "Magic withdrawals". I don't pretend to be as deprived as alot of you. To me, though, it hurts, almost physically so.

The point of this thread is not to complain about how I haven't been do Disneyland in a while. My question is, what do you lovely people do when you are feeling the effects of Magic withdrawals?

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: Missing Disneyland

Well, you are in the right forum, for a start! Welcome!

• =)

I know what you mean about it hurting. Now, I'm not going to ask what the current average interval between your trips is, because the answer might start me on yet another rant about people being spoiled by frequent trips to the park. But I know it's possible to start really missing the park within weeks of being there, especially after a really good visit.

I don't really have any tricks for coping with Disneysickness--because one of the symptoms of it, oddly enough, is wanting to miss Disneyland even more. Wanting to think about it. Wanting to wish I was there. Go figure. I often listen to the music for whatever ride I'm thinking about--Space Mountain has been the one I'm missing especially for the last few days. So I look up photos, dabble in armchair Imagineering, listen to the music, play the music on the piano, try to remember the various sensations of the ride, try to re-experience the sheer thematic thrill of it all. Doesn't make me miss Disneyland any less...but it's kind of fun, in a way.

When I was in fifth grade, my family took a three-day trip to the park. It remains one of my best trips so far, and I'm enormously sentimental about it. After coming back, I went back to school, but couldn't keep my composure. I broke down in tears halfway through the day, missing Disneyland too much, and had to call home from the health office. I felt totally crippled by not being in the park. That anchored my love for Disneyland really deeply, though I'm now proudly capable of coming home without tears in my eyes.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

when i really miss disneyland i break into my disneyland photobucket account and look at all the pictures i've taken...and then i try to plan my next trip as soon as possible. i know dustin and i are more lucky than a lot of people becuase we get to visit the parks about 5 or 6 times year but sometimes it just doesnt' feel like its enough

P.S. Welcome to Mice Chat!!!
    Last edited by elly; 08-18-2007 at 08:58 PM. Reason: forgot my p.s.!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Wonderful World

Whenever I have withdrawals I just come on micechat. It's the best cure for them!
    I'm back MiceChat

• I am number 4 of 999

I get to curb my withdrawl in 51 days!! I'm going to see Haunted Mansion Holiday!! Oh, just thinking about makes tears well up in my eyes!

I agree with the picture thing though... I take a look at my pictures and instantly my memories flood back, which sustains me for the time being. I average a trip every six months.

I listen to music from the park. I especially love blasting the yodeling music from the Matterhorn when I'm at the gas station...it always makes people look and wonder.

• Princess Aurora Fan

I miss Disneyland too and I was there in December. If i had the money i would be there every year
    ~Princess Aurora at Heart~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Mad View Post
    I listen to music from the park.
    I do that too!
    I am going to major withdrawls right now. I was driving home from work the other day and feeling very depressed. I realized that I was missing DL. I haven't been since February..and that was just a quick weekend trip. We are going Oct. 10th! I don't know how I am going to make it that long.

• Narnian in Disneyland

6 hours and 29 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

I also like to listen to music. I just put my headphones on, close my eyes, and remember every detail. And sometimes when I'm in the car or something like that, I'll pretend I'm walking around Disneyland. All the buildings, statues, smells I have in my mind.
    "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zip-a-Dee-Ay,
    Home sweet home is the lesson today."

You're wrong, Brer Rabbit, why would I want to be home when I can be at Disneyland?!?

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    when i really miss disneyland i break into my disneyland photobucket account and look at all the pictures i've taken...and then i try to plan my next trip as soon as possible. i know dustin and i are more lucky than a lot of people becuase we get to visit the parks about 5 or 6 times year but sometimes it just doesnt' feel like its enough

P.S. Welcome to Mice Chat!!!
    Same here. And I come to MC to talk to everyone about it

Welcome to MiceChat!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Wilderness Explorer

Up through high school, my family would go every time we moved (military family), maybe every 3 years. I think it was kind of a bribe to distract us from having to relocate. Any how, I used to miss Disneyland terribly. As a kid I would design rides with building toys and little cardboard dioramas.

As an adult, my boyfriend reminded me that I get to choose to where I spend my money and if I want to go to Disneyland more often, I can do that. So now we try to go once a year.

Normally we go for Gay Days in October (the past two years), but this year I have work schedule I can't get out of, so it's delayed until December. I'm really missing it more thinking I have to put it off until then.

One thought...do you guys ever have the fear that you're beginning to elevate Disneyland to some level of unrealistic awesomeness in your own mind? Ever fear you are creating unrealistic standards for your next visit?
    Last edited by pirate_tim; 08-19-2007 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Hit send before I was finished...

• Hooterville, USA

DL music and smelling musty water does it for me.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I listen to DL music, look at photos, and continuously remind myself that I am an AP holder.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Mad View Post
    I listen to music from the park. I especially love blasting the yodeling music from the Matterhorn when I'm at the gas station...it always makes people look and wonder.

yep! i would say music from DL absolutely makes me feel way better.... that works wonders... and micechat is great aswell.
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome."

"Aye... That be true."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast