Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1

    • living to haunt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sonoma California
    Posts
    636

    Question What Christmas plans are in the works for Disneyland?

    Well we are starting the daily planning for our Christmas family trip. I was wondering if anyone had any clues where I could find info on special events, decorations, etc. planned for this December. I think it was DarkBeer back a few months ago that was talking about really decorating the Castle this year.

    Also what are your Christmas traditions when you go to Disneyland? Are there special treats? places? We discovered the Reindeer and Santa last year and that was wonderful.

    Thanks for the help!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

    Member of MiceChat Gold!

    Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

    Dreaming of Pirates!

    Still waiting to go to my first meet






  2. #2

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Anacortes, WA
    Posts
    8,618
    Blog Entries
    82

    Re: What Christmas plans are in the works for Disneyland?

    Your signature just reminded how close Christmas is... and how many things I need to knit (10 pairs of socks and 7 washclothes).

    My bestest holiday treat is the cookie decorating and chocolate milk

  3. #3

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    18

    Re: What Christmas plans are in the works for Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by ladydragon55 View Post
    Well we are starting the daily planning for our Christmas family trip. I was wondering if anyone had any clues where I could find info on special events, decorations, etc. planned for this December. I think it was DarkBeer back a few months ago that was talking about really decorating the Castle this year.

    Also what are your Christmas traditions when you go to Disneyland? Are there special treats? places? We discovered the Reindeer and Santa last year and that was wonderful.

    Thanks for the help!
    Yes, I remember reading about the castle too. I've heard they're doing it for sure at WDW, so I hope they do it here too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Illadelph
    Posts
    7,560

    Re: What Christmas plans are in the works for Disneyland?

    Maybe next year, or when Jay Rasulo gets the money...

  5. #5

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,061

    Re: What Christmas plans are in the works for Disneyland?

    Reportedly, Sleeping Beauty Castle will be covered in icicles and snow this holiday season.


  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,922

    Re: What Christmas plans are in the works for Disneyland?

    I can't wait!!! We are going the first week of Dec. for our 19th wedding anniversary! I love the snow and the fireworks and hubby and I sitting with Santa! LOVE IT!

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    783

    Re: What Christmas plans are in the works for Disneyland?

    Christmas tree, lights, ornaments, Santa Goofy, and Pluto the rein-dog.

  8. #8

    • living to haunt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sonoma California
    Posts
    636

    Re: What Christmas plans are in the works for Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Your signature just reminded how close Christmas is... and how many things I need to knit (10 pairs of socks and 7 washclothes).

    My bestest holiday treat is the cookie decorating and chocolate milk
    Cookie decorating? Is that available in the park? The kids would love it. As for the knitting...10 pairs of socks??? That is the one thing I could never do on knitting needles. Would love to see pictures???
    thanks
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

    Member of MiceChat Gold!

    Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

    Dreaming of Pirates!

    Still waiting to go to my first meet






  9. #9

    • living to haunt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sonoma California
    Posts
    636

    Re: What Christmas plans are in the works for Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Reportedly, Sleeping Beauty Castle will be covered in icicles and snow this holiday season.
    That is what I remember hearing. The kids are so excited! I brought out last years photo album to remind them of what it looked like. They LOVED the snow after the fireworks. It really is a magical place to be during the holidays. So anyone else have ideas for what we can do at the parks, hotel (we are staying at the Grand Californian ), or DTD???
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

    Member of MiceChat Gold!

    Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

    Dreaming of Pirates!

    Still waiting to go to my first meet






  10. #10

    • living to haunt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sonoma California
    Posts
    636

    Re: What Christmas plans are in the works for Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarLion View Post
    Christmas tree, lights, ornaments, Santa Goofy, and Pluto the rein-dog.
    OK, I don't remember seeing Santa Goofy or Pluto the rein-dog last year?? That would be a great picture! I loved the trees and the ornaments it was just so festive. Other than the Santa and Reindeer area are there other "holiday" special photo ops that anyone knows of???
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

    Member of MiceChat Gold!

    Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

    Dreaming of Pirates!

    Still waiting to go to my first meet






  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    947

    Re: What Christmas plans are in the works for Disneyland?

    Well if they would put Santa/Goofy back at the flagpole where he belongs....

    (And please don't tell me how all that stuff belongs over at the reindeer area....it's no trouble to toss a sled and Goofy over near the flagpole, and still keep all the other stuff over at the reindeer place)

    Other Christmas wishes:

    1. A fatter tree. Last year's was too thin, and you could see thru it.
    2. The 2nd Christmas Parade should return to 7:45 pm, or at least 7:30 pm, so that it's easier to get better seats.

    And, I believe the Resort will do just that.

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    947

    Re: What Christmas plans are in the works for Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by ladydragon55 View Post
    Other than the Santa and Reindeer area are there other "holiday" special photo ops that anyone knows of???
    http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/23...121166954-M-LB

    http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/23...120769501-M-LB

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Escondido, California, United States
    Posts
    210

    Re: What Christmas plans are in the works for Disneyland?

    I'm looking forward to the castle being covered in snow. Hopefully they go through with it...

  14. #14

    • living to haunt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sonoma California
    Posts
    636

    Re: What Christmas plans are in the works for Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Well if they would put Santa/Goofy back at the flagpole where he belongs....

    (And please don't tell me how all that stuff belongs over at the reindeer area....it's no trouble to toss a sled and Goofy over near the flagpole, and still keep all the other stuff over at the reindeer place)

    Other Christmas wishes:

    1. A fatter tree. Last year's was too thin, and you could see thru it.
    2. The 2nd Christmas Parade should return to 7:45 pm, or at least 7:30 pm, so that it's easier to get better seats.

    And, I believe the Resort will do just that.
    OK, I have to agree on having more photo ops around the park. When everything is in one area than that area gets over filled. Spreading it around would be really nice. How about a spaceship sleigh and a astro santa in TL, and a Fantasy Santa in FL, it would be fun to have a Santa for each theme area. Last year there was a gian snowglobe in front of the castle. It had a step stool behind it and a curtain. Now what a photo op that would have been. Hubby said no to the inside but did pose with the gang next to it.



    Having never seen the tree before last year I have to say it was wonderful. Maybe getting one that tall makes it hard to get one fuller. We are going to have 6 days there so we are hoping to get good seats at least one pass of the parade. Thanks for your thoughts
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

    Member of MiceChat Gold!

    Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

    Dreaming of Pirates!

    Still waiting to go to my first meet






  15. #15

    • living to haunt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sonoma California
    Posts
    636

    Re: What Christmas plans are in the works for Disneyland?

    We found the snowglobe, but I don't remember seeing the Happy New Year sign. I take it you like the holidays at the park?
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

    Member of MiceChat Gold!

    Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

    Dreaming of Pirates!

    Still waiting to go to my first meet






Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Needing help from someone who works at Disneyland and lives in that area
    By VMKCardCollector in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 05:48 PM
  2. Christmas plans and or traditions
    By kelly in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 10:08 AM
  3. Plans to build even more low income housing near Disneyland?
    By OogieBoogie in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2007, 10:03 PM
  4. Any new Disneyland Hotels in the works?
    By toonaspie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 09:07 PM
  5. Disney Announces OFFICIAL Christmas Plans
    By Loomis in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 09:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •