Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• My cuties!

Re: First Trip to DLR. Stay @ DLR Hotel?

We stayed at the Residence Inn Resort Area (the newer of the 2 Residence Inns) in May and loved it! They have a full breakfast every morning and Mon - Thurs nights they have dinner. The room we had was complete with a full kitchen and two separate bedrooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It has shuttle service that goes to two other hotels but RI was the first pick up and drop off. I would definitely stay there again!

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    Early Entry is tied to your ticket, not the hotel. I am staying off property and have early entry.
    Really? I always thought it was a hotel-only thing. So how do you get early entry?

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    Really? I always thought it was a hotel-only thing. So how do you get early entry?
    Buy a 3 day or longer Park Hopper tickey.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

^But it can't be bought at the front gate, it needs be bought in advance..

Places like Disneyland.com, Disney Stores, AAA travel, WDTC, many Travel Agents (both online and off), and at the Good Neighbor Hotels front desk. Also the SoCal CityPass comes with the Early Entry.

The key is to make sure it is called a "ParkHopper" Bonus or has another term after the ParkHopper.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    ^But it can't be bought at the front gate, it needs be bought in advance..

Places like Disneyland.com, Disney Stores, AAA travel, WDTC, many Travel Agents (both online and off), and at the Good Neighbor Hotels front desk. Also the SoCal CityPass comes with the Early Entry.

The key is to make sure it is called a "ParkHopper" Bonus or has another term after the ParkHopper.
    Thank you DarkBeer. Yes, call WDTC or AAA or online at Disneyland.com.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• That Guy

If you purchase through AAA do you still get the 'enhanced fastpass' or whatever it is called that allows you to hold multiple fastpasses at the same time?

I almost forgot. Do you have to be a member of AAA to get this deal, and is it worth it to join if you are not currently a member?

Thanks!!!!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    If you purchase through AAA do you still get the 'enhanced fastpass' or whatever it is called that allows you to hold multiple fastpasses at the same time?

I almost forgot. Do you have to be a member of AAA to get this deal, and is it worth it to join if you are not currently a member?

Thanks!!!!
    You don't have to be an AAA member, but in most cases, they charge a "non-member" fee that is about the same price as the membership... so most people just join. (AAA is a group of different chapters, and each chapter has different policies, check with your local chapter.)

As for the "enhanced" FP's, you need to buy a package (tickets and hotel) from AAA, and stay at one of the three Disney owned hotels... One trick is to help save money, spend 2 nights at a DIsney hotel, then switch to a Good Neighbor Hotel for the rest of the trip... your ParkHopper will give you the Enhanced FP for the entire trip.... and another hint, if you plan to come back to the park within a year, upgrade to an AP on your last day.. for just a few bucks, you have tickets for the next trip!

• That Guy

Thanks to all for the expert advice, I truly appreciate it!

Darkbeer,

I am planning on staying at a non-DLR hotel. Since I am going to DLR on Sept. 5-8, will it even be necessary to have the multiple fast pass option? From what I am reading, traditionally, that is a good week to go with schools getting back in session. I wonder if it is a bit slower, maybe a regular fastpass and some good planning will go a long way?

Also, I do want to upgrade to an AP. Should I go with the AP, or PAP? I forget the formula to see if it is worth it. I would like the discounts that come with the PAP, hotels, merchandise etc. On the same token, I usually don't want to go to DLR during peak season due to the crowded conditions, so maybe I am wasting money to be able to be there, but choosing never to. Any tips?

Thank you!!!!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Max, I would skip the enhanced FP option, and buy your package seperately...

Disneyland.com has discounted multi-day passes, and offers free shipping. Another good choice is the SoCal CityPass from Costco...

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...Path=111*4834*

6 days of parks/zoos including a 3 day DLR ParkHopper with Early Entry. Plus you can take most of the costs and use it to upgrade to an AP.

And then get a deal for the hotels, use Priceline or Hotwire, check Travelaxe.com and MouseSavers.com... MouseSavers has a great link to a discount at the HoJo's, my favorite hotel in the area....

As for upgrading, I would wait until the last day and upgrade to a Deluxe AP ($209 ful price, you pay the difference of the ParkHopper price). Unless you are going to buy a LOT of merchandise... the Premium is $329, so you would have to spend over $1,200 to make the discount worth it....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123