Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Fantasmic Prep.

  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Fantasmic Prep.

    Has anyone watched fantasmic from the Hungry Bear restaurant? It is neat because you get to see the rafts and stuff being changed and all the stuff that happens during the show. Its not very crowded and it's entertaining.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  2. #2

    •   
    • Blind to His Own Faults
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Near
    Posts
    8,054

    Re: Fantasmic Prep.

    I agree with Disneytwins: Fantasmic! should be permanently cancelled and dismantled; restoring peace and tranquility to Frontierland's ROA.

  3. #3

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,584

    Re: Fantasmic Prep.

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Has anyone watched fantasmic from the Hungry Bear restaurant? It is neat because you get to see the rafts and stuff being changed and all the stuff that happens during the show. Its not very crowded and it's entertaining.
    Yes! We try at least once a visit. Its fun talking to the cast there.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

  4. #4

    •   
    • Blind to His Own Faults
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Near
    Posts
    8,054

    Re: Fantasmic Prep.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Yes! We try at least once a visit. Its fun talking to the cast there.
    I second Malcontent (and the dog)'s motion to do away with F!. Both Mal and the Disneytwins (that sounds kinda dirty) are visionaries who should be commended for their vocal support of such an unpopular position regarding Fantasmic!. Tear it out!

  5. #5

    • In Mouse We trust
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    2198.58 miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    390

    Re: Fantasmic Prep.

    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    I second Malcontent (and the dog)'s motion to do away with F!. Both Mal and the Disneytwins (that sounds kinda dirty) are visionaries who should be commended for their vocal support of such an unpopular position regarding Fantasmic!. Tear it out!
    In all seriousness, I agree with you!

  6. #6

    •   
    • Blind to His Own Faults
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Near
    Posts
    8,054

    Re: Fantasmic Prep.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatEscapist View Post
    In all seriousness, I agree with you!
    One sincere vote of confidence is all I require. Apologies to all for the borderline-hijacking of this thread. No further derailment from me will be forthcoming.


    p.s. Tear it out.

  7. #7

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    489

    Re: Fantasmic Prep.

    Is the Hungry Bear the best place to watch to see behind the scenes? I'm one of those people who loves to see how it all the effects work, and I wanna get a great view when I go this week.

  8. #8

    • Mountain Dew User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    3,225
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fantasmic Prep.

    ehh, I rather stay with Fantasmic.. it is an amazing show.. then again, I have never been to disneyland while the river was calm and peacful... but thats what the TSI makeover was for

    I have seen them preping the show from the area however.


  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: Fantasmic Prep.

    I became extremely jealous of the Stage blacks. It's amazing how quick they can do stuff
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  10. #10

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,584

    Re: Fantasmic Prep.

    We like it over by Hungry Bear, but there is a spot also over by BTMRR where you can see some backstage stuff. HB is the best though.

    As for the stage crew, I love watching to see if I can see them. I love catching the ones that escort Mickey off the stage.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: Fantasmic Prep.

    ^^ I watched there too. One show we watched from the restaurant and on the other side by the McDonalds Fry Cart.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  12. #12

    • Zero Blockout Dates
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    on the ocean within 20 minutes of DLR
    Posts
    1,569

    Re: Fantasmic Prep.

    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    One sincere vote of confidence is all I require. Apologies to all for the borderline-hijacking of this thread. No further derailment from me will be forthcoming.


    p.s. Tear it out.


    DO a MASSIVE media campaign that you're "Retiring It" Forever.
    Tear it out, hide it for awhile then "Bring it back" it to the lagoon in DCA to drive attendance...(sans Columbia and the Twain..they can use those little motor boats they keep under the bridge dressed up like the Columbia and the Twain)

    Hey it worked for MSEP

    Then put a pirate show on the RoA to match the theming of NOS and TSI



    Gonna have to make a point of going to the Hungry Bear (going to Critter Country ... at night? Not too often I got to tell ya) and watching the backstage show before it's gone too
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM


  13. #13

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,251

    Re: Fantasmic Prep.

    I think they should do a temp pirate show like the one in Tokyo right now, and use fantasmics time off to fix and change out stuff. I would not want a pirates only show, but a temp show with lots of water, fire and disco dancing girls I would be happy till F! came back.

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    165

    Re: Fantasmic Prep.

    Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    Is the Hungry Bear the best place to watch to see behind the scenes? I'm one of those people who loves to see how it all the effects work, and I wanna get a great view when I go this week.
    Around Harbor Galley or the old Keel Boat Dock (smoking section)

  15. #15

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    489

    Re: Fantasmic Prep.

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    I think they should do a temp pirate show like the one in Tokyo right now, and use fantasmics time off to fix and change out stuff. I would not want a pirates only show, but a temp show with lots of water, fire and disco dancing girls I would be happy till F! came back.
    That would probably kill me.

Similar Threads

  1. First Prep and Landing Artwork
    By BuzzedLightyear in forum Disney Media Networks and TV Industry Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 08:31 AM
  2. [Video] Behind The Scenes: Disneyland's X-mas Prep
    By Mad Madame Momba in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 11:57 AM
  3. [Question] WHAT IS IT? Colledge Prep Continue On
    By jackskeleton1015 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 09:28 PM
  4. Learners Permit Prep
    By pveticket in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 10:24 AM
  5. Disneyland Morning Prep?
    By Gemini Cricket in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 11:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •