Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Close to everything...But away from it all.

Thumbs up Free admission to Disneyland

Now, I know you dont belive that this could be true, but you just had to click. Anyways if you go to the Guest Services window near the main entrance to the park, you can get a "shopping pass" which is an hour admission to the park. You give them a 1 day ticket deposit ($71 I think is the current) and they give you a little ticket with a specified time. If you return on time, you get your deposit back, if you don't then youv'e paid for a ticket. Sometimes they ask for a receipt and sometimes they don't. Just wanted to let Ya'll know.
    Last edited by Mickey & WED; 08-21-2007 at 12:21 AM. Reason: I have my reasons
    To all who come to this happy place, WELCOME!

Disney: It's not an obsession... It's a passion
    Disney Movies Owned: 87
    # Times to Disneyland: 17
    Being a Member on MiceChat: Priceless

There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's Disney Dollars.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Free admission to Disneyland

I was talking about this on another forum recently.

How many turns on the Teacups could you get in per hour?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Close to everything...But away from it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    I was talking about this on another forum recently.

How many turns on the Teacups could you get in per hour?
    yea, no kidding
    To all who come to this happy place, WELCOME!

Disney: It's not an obsession... It's a passion
    Disney Movies Owned: 87
    # Times to Disneyland: 17
    Being a Member on MiceChat: Priceless

There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's Disney Dollars.

• Circle of Ancients

Well that's interesting. I'll have to remember that.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Is there anything inside the park, that you can't buy outside the park at World of Disney? I've never really understood the advantage of the shopping pass.

• Minion

Just remember, all you need is the one ride you had to go on to e-stop on you, and that's a $71 ride. Yes, I have used the shopping pass before, but I used it for shopping. There are a number of things inside Disneyland that cannot be found at WOD.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    Is there anything inside the park, that you can't buy outside the park at World of Disney? I've never really understood the advantage of the shopping pass.
    Of course. Especially stuff in the shops on Main Street. I've also used it before when the WoD was out of my size in something and I was able to get it in the park.

• Sector Two Droid Repair

I always used the shopping pass to get in on my pass's blackout days to look for new star tours figures.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Just remember, all you need is the one ride you had to go on to e-stop on you, and that's a $71 ride. Yes, I have used the shopping pass before, but I used it for shopping. There are a number of things inside Disneyland that cannot be found at WOD.
    Good point. I was at the park one day and I was on the Storybook boats and thinking "okay if I can get on and off this in x amount of time I can leave the park and still make a meeting and get dinner." (I go to Disneyland between preschool ending and board meetings.). I get on the ride and it starts to rain and we e-stop right as we're at Ariel's castle. I was late to the meeting, soaked, and hungry. I have been e stopped on that ride twice in the rain too... and it's weird because I don't like that ride that much I just feel obligated to go on it.

• Title: [scanning.....]

They introduced this back when I was working Main Entrance. I'm not sure if I asked then, so don't take this as absolute. I was curious about those who go there in honesty to shop, but it takes them more than an hour to get back out, even if they only bought one or two things. I think that, within reason and depending on the situation, they will honor late returns with a receipt, though again I am not sure about this.
    Buy Genius eau de toilette: Made with 1% Inspiration

Happiness is returning after a much regretted hiatus!!!

BOO!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah, the "shopping" pass has been around for quite a few years now.

A friend of mine used it once to get in one evening after a seminar that we both attended at the Hotel. I had my PAP, so I was covered.

The next night, he picked up one of those "after 4 pm" passes (or whatever they were called) from the Hotel.

Sadly, folks have figured out ways to "beat" that system too...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dippy Dawg View Post
    They introduced this back when I was working Main Entrance. I'm not sure if I asked then, so don't take this as absolute. I was curious about those who go there in honesty to shop, but it takes them more than an hour to get back out, even if they only bought one or two things. I think that, within reason and depending on the situation, they will honor late returns with a receipt, though again I am not sure about this.
    No, they don't. 60 mins. I had long lines once, had a LARGE receipt, and was 62 mins. LUCKILY what I did was ran up to a window at 55 mins (the line to turn the pass in was about 5 people and only 3 windows.) I interrupted the lady and made sure she knew I was in line within the 60 mins. I arrived at another window and it was 62 mins. She was going to bill me the $59 (at that time) for 2 mins "Its the rule." After having the other CM vouch for me AND getting a lead involved, they didn't. But it was 2 flipping mins, and over $100 in merchandise.

They count the time it takes to turn the pass in, which can vary. I would never try and use the pass for longer than 40 mins to make sure I had plenty of time to return it. I can just imagine someone riding POTC, getting e-stopped (generally, thats over 45 mins)and getting to pay $71....
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post

Well, one advantage to the shopping pass is that it gets you INSIDE the Park.

Somehow, merchandise from inside the Park "feels" better.

Either that or the opportunity to hop on a ride between purchases...

And a candy bar does count as a purchase.

• Minion

>>Is there anything inside the park, that you can't buy outside the park at World of Disney? I've never really understood the advantage of the shopping pass.<<

When they had the Wonderland Music CD on Demand kiosks, it was the only place to get those CD's and a shopping pass was necessary. Too bad those are gone now... it was the only place I ever spent money at the park.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I have been e stopped on that ride twice in the rain too... and it's weird because I don't like that ride that much I just feel obligated to go on it.
    I would politely suggest that it doesn't appear to like you, either

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast