Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fireworks show for '07 - '08 season

I'm a sporadic MiceChatter, so forgive me if this has been covered previously, but has there been any confirmation whether the "Remember" show will continue next season? (AKA: the "Year of a Million Dreams, Pt Deux)

thanks!

• :)

Re: Fireworks show for '07 - '08 season

I heard they're bringing the fireworks show from Knott's over to Disneyland

I don't know what that looks like Zeus, but the thought alone makes me nauseus.

• Fighter Pilot

a firework is a firework. Its all the same. Its just the music thats different

It's not really the actual pyrotechnic I'm concerned about. It's the music and the show as a whole. How will they ever top it whenever they do replace it? Cuz it's pretty darn moving.

• Banned User

Remember... will return after the holidays.

Ummm...not true.

RDCT is an amazing marriage between concept, technology, and orchestration. If you think that just changing one aspect of a multi sensory experience will give you a similar result, then you are mistaken. It takes an eye and ear for dynamic, control, phrasing, and blending to put something together that so completely takes advantage of all aspects of the experience. Syncing the highsc and lows of the score with appropriate visuals is something that few people can do well, in any medium.

If you have ever seen a local fourth of july fireworks show, or a badly put together field or floor show, you will know what I am talking about.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    a firework is a firework. Its all the same. Its just the music thats different
    I once thought the same thing. But after seeing Remember... Dreams Come True for the first time on May 5, 2005, I realized I was wrong. I've been a firm believer ever since, through numerous repeat viewings.

A firework is not only a firework. I'm going to assume that you just haven't properly seen the show in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle to fully experience the magic and imagery that Steve Davison's pyrotechnics masterpiece truly delivers.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Fighter Pilot

its the same as anythign else but music...AT&T, Sprint, Nextel, all they are are just cell phone providers, all the same, but if you really look into it not liek an average person, you find the differences. But all fireworks are the same, same chemical format, purple the hardest color to make the same to everyone. Its the same.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

R...DCA has a poster and is sponsered by Honda. I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon
    dreams. come. true.

its the same as anythign else but music...AT&T, Sprint, Nextel, all they are are just cell phone providers, all the same, but if you really look into it not liek an average person, you find the differences. But all fireworks are the same, same chemical format, purple the hardest color to make the same to everyone. Its the same.
    It's really not. The entire package is what makes the experience different. Combining music with visuals is an artform, and while works of art all can USE the same technology, the end result is greater than the sum of it's parts, and completely unique.

Heck, you can even use the same music, and same fireworks, and still put together a completely different experience by just reworking the timing and beat structure of the detonations.

Sorry, but comparing art to a cell phone network is comment that is ignorant of art, beauty, and creativity...not to mention a slap in the face to anyone who loves to create.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Well, in that sense, all dark rides are the same. The Haunted Mansion is no different from any county fair Haunted House dark ride. Pirates of the Caribbean and "it's a small world" are no different than similar boat rides like Tunnel of Love rides at fairs.
    Your reasoning could similarly be applied to Disneyland as a whole - Disneyland is no different than any county fair or other amusment park.

The problem with your argument is that Remember... Dreams Come True has several custom-shaped shells, and various others that are timed precisely to match specific audio/musical cues - and the colors, shapes, and presentation of the shells throughout the show are designed to specifically compliment and work as a show with the audio soundtrack.

The Star Wars "Deathstar" shells and the "Saturn" shells are specifically used during the Tomorrowland and Star Tours portions of the show.

The custom star-shaped shells are used specifically for the "Wish Upon A Star" musical cues.

The custom happy-face and cube shells are used appropriately for Mickey's Toon Town.

Saying that Remember... Dreams Come True is no different than any other fireworks show except its soundtrack is a great injustice to the show. The precisely-planned and beautifully choereographed pyrotechnics, projections, lighting, and music of the show makes Remember more than a run-of-the-mill local Fourth of July-style fireworks display - the show is a immensely engaging and entertaining work of art.

I'm still going to assume that you have never actually properly watched the show from in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, because you never answered otherwise. Watching it from the other suggested viewing areas such as Small World Mall, Rivers of America, or even further down Main Street isn't proper viewing. Do yourself a favor and camp out for a couple hours on your next visit to the park and get a proper, unobscured spot in front of the Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by DCAFTW View Post
    It's really not. The entire package is what makes the experience different. Combining music with visuals is an artform, and while works of art all can USE the same technology, the end result is greater than the sum of it's parts, and completely unique.

Heck, you can even use the same music, and same fireworks, and still put together a completely different experience by just reworking the timing and beat structure of the detonations.

Sorry, but comparing art to a cell phone network is comment that is ignorant of art, beauty, and creativity...not to mention a slap in the face to anyone who loves to create.
    Great post.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 08-21-2007 at 04:51 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Firework streaks up,
    explodes at (or slightly before/after) the apex into many bright light thingys.
    Ooooohs & Aaaaaaahs to follow.

Yeah, it'll go something like that...

• I found my Prince!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE RDCT!!
    Never before (IMO) has there been a fireworks display that is a true show.
    I too saw it for the first time 05/05/05, waiting over 5 hours in front of the castle and it was SOOOOO worth it!

• Who's your DaddyB?

A firework is a firework (to a degree)

a Fireworks SHOW at Disneyland is not just another fireworks show.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast