• 3Ls:Law Lost & disneyLand

Any tips for the park on 7/10 and 7/18?

Going with two different groups of people on both of those days. I have an AP, so I could care less if I only get to ride a couple things. But all the people I'm going with haven't gone in ages, and I'm sure they're gonna want to maximize their money:time ratio there. I'm assuming both trips will be from 8am-midnight (gulp, I better prepare myself for that).

Anyways I know the 7/10 one will be a pretty busy day, being sunday and all. I'm hoping that 7/18 won't be that bad, seeing as how the 50th gala will be over, and most tourists will probably be heading back home on that monday (Yes Darkbeer I know 7/18 is the real anniversary )

My plan of attack for the last couple years has always been to run over to Splash Mountain and get fastpasses for that right first. It's always the craziest line, and by the afternoon fastpasses will be already at 7.30pm. Plus my theory is if the line is under 60 minutes, might as well stand in line.

But now with Space Mountain...that changes everything. I know fastpasses won't be issued for that on 7/10, but my assumption would be that they will be on 7/18 since it'll officially be opened by then. Of course these will be the only two attraction in the park to sport 2hr+ waits. Any tips on what I should do?

My initial thought was to grab my groups tickets, tell them to casualy walk over to Space Mountain and I'd run to Splash Mountain, get the fastpasses, and meet them in line for Space. Why? Cuz I'm a nice guy like that (or a pushover, either one).

It seems like that's my only option. Can't do it backwards, I mean who wants to ride Splash a 8am anyways?

Other plus to that is that my group can go on Splash anytime in the day we want, and since it'll be such an early fastpass, pretty early on we'll be able to get more fastpasses if needed.

So I guess what I'm asking is on a busy summer day, if I'm there from 8-midnite with a group, what are our chances of hitting all the rides? Any tips for how we should procede with going thru the park? We're talking 16 hours, minus lunch and dinner in the park, plus a good 90minutes-2hrs of waiting for the fireworks.

Should I be warning them to hit essentials first and start picking rides to sacrafice, or am I just worrying over nothing?

Re: Any tips for the park on 7/10 and 7/18?

No one has any advice? Last word I heard is we're planning on being at disneyland 7/10 at around 9am.

• insufferable know-it-all

If your group plans to ride Peter Pan, I'd have them do that first while you get the fastpasses and have them meet you in front of Space

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Basking in birthday love

If you want to ride Splash in the mid-afternoon when it will be the hottest, head over to get the Fastpasses between 10 and 11. That should put you anywhere from 2 to 5. Go immediately to Fantasyland, because those lines are never under 45 minutes for the rest of the day, but you can walk directly onto them early in the morning. (On May 5th, we had ridden Mr. Toad, the tea cups, and Alice within our first 45 minutes, and most of that was just trying to get through Main Street.) Pirates and Haunted Mansion are excellent to do right before closing, when everyone is tired and wants to sit. That's also when you'll find their lines practically non-existent. Most of the downtime for Space Mountain appears to be from minor screwups by operators who are still learning the ride, so if you wait to do that until later (say, after the fireworks), you'll find a longish line (60-90 minutes) but it will move the entire time because they've figured out what they're doing. Eat during off-times and ride while other people are eating. Getting to attractions on the river during the first Fantasmic can be tricky, but you'll find really short lines. If they want to maximize time:money, camping out for fireworks on the hub probably isn't the best idea. Move farther back down Main Street, or try the Main Street Railway Station, which offers a more than decent view (if you don't mind missing the projections). The railroad also offers you a quick exit to the other areas of the park without the insanity of trying to navigate the crush of people on Main Street.

That's all that comes to mind, really. Oh, and a great place to watch the parade is near Ariel's grotto, because you can see a good length of the street (little more than three floats at once, lots of fun at the hold) and get immediately in line for Matterhorn when it's over, which should be a <15 minute wait.

The real trick: go where everyone else isn't going. The waits will be shorter and you'll get to do more.

Oh, and don't be afraid to take a break. There's lots of cool stuff to just sit and look at, and you'll be happier if you're not all entirely exhausted at the end of the day.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Basking in birthday love

The gist of that gargantuan post above is that every time I go to the park, I'm there from the beginning of the day to the end, and I ride and do everything that I want. It's completely doable, even on busy days. Your friends shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Sunday mornings are usually good times at the park, lots of people off at church or not awake yet.

However, it is always a good idea to be there at park open, which is 8 am. That means parked, standing at the turnstiles with ticket in hand when the gates open.

Have a great time
    Former Submarine Voyage CM 1994-1995

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mkm1998
    Going with two different groups of people on both of those days. I have an AP, so I could care less if I only get to ride a couple things. But all the people I'm going with haven't gone in ages, and I'm sure they're gonna want to maximize their money:time ratio there. I'm assuming both trips will be from 8am-midnight (gulp, I better prepare myself for that).

Anyways I know the 7/10 one will be a pretty busy day, being sunday and all. I'm hoping that 7/18 won't be that bad, seeing as how the 50th gala will be over, and most tourists will probably be heading back home on that monday (Yes Darkbeer I know 7/18 is the real anniversary )

My plan of attack for the last couple years has always been to run over to Splash Mountain and get fastpasses for that right first. It's always the craziest line, and by the afternoon fastpasses will be already at 7.30pm. Plus my theory is if the line is under 60 minutes, might as well stand in line.

But now with Space Mountain...that changes everything. I know fastpasses won't be issued for that on 7/10, but my assumption would be that they will be on 7/18 since it'll officially be opened by then. Of course these will be the only two attraction in the park to sport 2hr+ waits. Any tips on what I should do?

My initial thought was to grab my groups tickets, tell them to casualy walk over to Space Mountain and I'd run to Splash Mountain, get the fastpasses, and meet them in line for Space. Why? Cuz I'm a nice guy like that (or a pushover, either one).

It seems like that's my only option. Can't do it backwards, I mean who wants to ride Splash a 8am anyways?

Other plus to that is that my group can go on Splash anytime in the day we want, and since it'll be such an early fastpass, pretty early on we'll be able to get more fastpasses if needed.

So I guess what I'm asking is on a busy summer day, if I'm there from 8-midnite with a group, what are our chances of hitting all the rides? Any tips for how we should procede with going thru the park? We're talking 16 hours, minus lunch and dinner in the park, plus a good 90minutes-2hrs of waiting for the fireworks.
    Should I be warning them to hit essentials first and start picking rides to sacrafice, or am I just worrying over nothing?
    If you want your 2 groups of people to have a good time, then you can wait for the fireworks while they go do other things, but they'll have to be back 30-45 min. before the fireworks if they want to get back to their spots, 2 hrs. can gaurantee good spots, if you want to see the castle visuals, or if you just want to be able to see the fireworks, then i'd say about a half hour before. Are you going to DCA too? If you are tell me quick so I can give you tips for there too. Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, Pirates Of The Carribean, Star Tours, and sometimes Buzz Lightyear are good stand-by wait times and you won't need fastpass, not that they have em' but you know. Okay I have to go but I'll probably post soon.

No DCA for either trip. And I doubt we're gonna do the parade or fantasmic. The firework show is a definite for both trips though.

So it seems that most of the day the space line is consistent, so my best bet would be to run to Splash first, get that fastpass, and then if it's still early, hit fantasyland/toontown and get that over with.

Sounds like a good plan. I can't remember the last time I got to ride almost everything in one day at the park. We'll see how close I come to that this sunday

i just went to dland couple weeks ago..and something i tried newly but worked fantastically waz..RIGHT wen the park opens get down to splash mountain area and ride the most popular rides first..such as splash (line is EXTREMELY short in the eearly morning), and other rides such as indiana...space and buzz u could alwayz get a fastpass for...the BEST advice i've heard so far.is try to work ure day in a COUNTERCLOCKWISE motion around the park. people in the morning TEND to head towards the right..tomorrowland/fantasyland. yes and DOOOOO eat at either reallie early times or late times...do not eat at the typical..12:00 or 1:00 for lunch or ... 6:00 for dinners.. but most importantly especially for people that haven't been here in awhile..make sure u dont tire them out too much cuz for some people a whole day of running around and getting fastpasses and such..will make them REALLIE tired by the end of the day..and just dead. but i hope u have a LOT OF FUN!!!
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]