Question What to expect on July the 15'th (Space Moutain's official grand opening.)

Hi! I'll be going to Disneyland on the 15'th of this month, and I wanted to know from people who have gone on days where they have a grand opening for a ride, what should I expect on that day!?!

I know it will be a bit more crowded then usual, but will everybody be on space moutain while there's no lines for everything else?

Also what type of wait should I expect on that day for sp?

Last thing, will the crowds awaiting the 17'th have any impact on the 15'th?

• Here to change the world

Re: What to expect on July the 15'th (Space Moutain's official grand opening.)

off topic, sorry... but I love your avatar Super. Here's a picture I found online:

Now back to the topic:

• Still wants to be a cat!

Good luck, it should be completely insane by then! Right now only about 20 minute waits, but once Fastpass hits, and the official opening happens, only time will tell!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Like how long will fastpass last on that day before they are all gone?

i'm going on that day too!! should the day be unusually busy because of the OFFICIAL opening of space? probably not cause the day hasn't been really advertised...hopefully the day won't be too crowded..
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• CM for 4 years!

July 16 is the last day that is not blacked out for cast member passes. So that should be a sign to you. I am signing my family in on July 15.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• I found my Prince!

im also planning on going but not for the whole day...just wanted to witness my fav. ride be relaunched if i ride it that day cool, if not its okay cause i went on before the official relaunch (see my spectacular Space Mountain 2005 pic at www.myspace.com/pixieprincess81)
    yeah i was that excited i bought the picture i feel it really captured the moment!

I'll be there expect a big crowd since it is the weekend of the 17th. I wouldn't be surprised if fastpasses are gone by mid morning.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

they are doing an official re-opening ceremony (at 10 am i think). my friend is an atmosphere entertainer who is booked from 6 am for radio remotes. were you there on march 17th for the BLAB opening? that was a thursday in march & it was definitely a madhouse in the whole hub area & TL. i would say in the SM area, it will be a little crazy to say the least. i'll still be there, though!
    Last edited by pixie chick; 07-09-2005 at 07:16 PM.
    <o>

• For old time sake

Expect to see Tictocdragon and I in line early early in the morning to ride this!! YAY!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i'm going early, too!
    <o>

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Expect long lines, VERY LONG LINES!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Thanks for all the feedback , but what I really want to know now is how will all the attention for space mountain that day affect the other rides in the park? Should I expect longer or shorter lines for the other attractions in the park? Also how bad should I expect the food and the restroom lines to be? I've never been to disneyland on a day where its near capacity.