Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Re: Destruction of Splash Mountain and Critter Country

Quote Originally Posted by DCAFTW View Post
    Obviously...yet you are willing to ignore that and demolish it to fit your own personal idea of what should be popular?

Glad you aren't in charge
    Reading this post it is obvious you are missing the point of the entire thread. This is not about 'My Evil Master Plan' to demolish Splash Mountain, it is posing the question to MCers , "Would it's (SM and CC)demolition be a fair trade for a new similar (in basic nature) attraction (WRE and Thunder Mesa) that is now thematically sound, and possibly just as entertaining (but not the same)?"

•   

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredByWalt View Post
    So I'm confused. Why take out Splash when you could take out the Fantasyland/Frontierland trail, the old mine train area/Big Thunder ranch, Fantasyland theater, go under/outside the berm backstage and still come back in under the berm to the Pooh/Hungry Bear location - all without removing Splash?
    Because there is no existing room for such an undertaking. In Critter Country, you have real estate already set aside for attractions. I'm really more interested in how people feel about the proposition, than I am in masterminding the entire project.

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Except in Paris, since they don't have one because of cold weather.
    True. those are due to local considerations.... another example, no train *around* the park in
    TDL.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nish221 View Post
    True. those are due to local considerations.... another example, no train *around* the park in
    TDL.
    Wait...no train AROUND TDL!??

• A Honorary Autobot

Thunder Mesa, Big Thunder RR, and the WRE all share the same landscaping, which leads me (calling upon all of my common sense) to believe keeping those attractions as close as possible to one another to be a far superior option than that of trash canning Splash.

I believe that WRE and Thunder Mesa should encompass all of the Frontierland side of the Rivers of America, incorporating what remainders of the original Painted Desert Mine Train ride and the Indian Village fixed in the Northeastern corner of the ROA. So much so, that I think even going so far as to PULL OUT the DLRR's tracks and replace them with an authentic looking wood train trusses bridge would add so much more to the Frontierland theming.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by nish221 View Post
    Actually, the "show" is always in the eyes of the visitors. If one was walking from Frontierland, transition to NOS and then back again to Frontierland is problematic (thematically). To the
    person walking that route, ROA doesn't factor except as a side view.

If you need/want WRE at where Critter Country is now, I would just call it Thunder Mesa... make it even more "desert" than Frontierland. But this then wouldn't help Frontierland directly.
    Yes. I would make this trade, but if I had the power to do this, I'll level the current BTMRR
    and if I had the power to do that, I'll just put WRE there instead w/ BTMRR inside it.

But this isn't going to happen... too many people now consider Splash to be an integral part of a DL/MK. Same thing that happened to PotC in WDW MK.
    (BOLD mine) And why is going from a Haunted Mansion to a nest full of cute little fuzzies any less 'problematic'?

(BOLD mine)True...probably never happen, just like most every other thread subject on MC

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I agree that Sindbad's Storybook Voyage is simply breathtaking. I daresay I like it even better than Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Definitely.... I'm not sure if I liked it better than Pirates, (it's very close btw),
    but I actually liked it better than iasw (which is the more closer comparison IMHO).
    That's something I thought I'll never say.

Yes, folks, it's THAT good!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Thunder Mesa, Big Thunder RR, and the WRE all share the same landscaping, which leads me (calling upon all of my common sense) to believe keeping those attractions as close as possible to one another to be a far superior option than that of trash canning Splash.

I believe that WRE and Thunder Mesa should encompass all of the Frontierland side of the Rivers of America, incorporating what remainders of the original Painted Desert Mine Train ride and the Indian Village fixed in the Northeastern corner of the ROA. So much so, that I think even going so far as to PULL OUT the DLRR's tracks and replace them with an authentic looking wood train trusses bridge would add so much more to the Frontierland theming.
    While it would be a much better fit (and one that I have argued in favor of in the past), I couldn't visualize the additions to be made having room enough to be executed. In addition, two water-flume type rides almost right next door to one another seems repetitive. SM's location is already primed for a water-bourne adventure, I'd use that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    We could end all debate by paving over the entire park and putting in entirely new attractions.

Or a series of attractive potted plants.

Either way: pure magic.
    Yes! Potted plants rule! Potted plants and benches.... with little tables. Make it an area where people could just sit and relax and think!

...once again you guys think I am kidding. I love sitting around with tables and pretty scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Reading this post it is obvious you are missing the point of the entire thread. This is not about 'My Evil Master Plan' to demolish Splash Mountain, it is posing the question to MCers , "Would it's (SM and CC)demolition be a fair trade for a new similar (in basic nature) attraction (WRE and Thunder Mesa) that is now thematically sound, and possibly just as entertaining (but not the same)?"
    Posing your biased as a question does not conceal it.

Obviously it's not your "evil master plan" to demolish the attraction, because you have absolutely no power to follow through on it.

However your underlying motive of this thread is clearly not to offer a new attraction, or make a necessary trade (otherwise you would have proposed a logical trade or location for this attraction/area). Instead you led off with the proposal of senlessly and unnecessarily demloishing an area on the other end of the park that has nothing to do with a "western themed" area, that thousands (or even millions) of people love.

Phrase it how you wish, either way I'm glad you don't hold the reigns at DLR.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    We could end all debate by paving over the entire park and putting in entirely new attractions.

Or a series of attractive potted plants.

Either way: pure magic.
    Terrific reasoning--thanks for the thoughtful post!

• A Honorary Autobot

Why is it problematic? Here's some ideas:

Haunted Mansion:
    An eerily authentic early 19th Century antebellum Southern plantation house on a river delta inhabited by ghosts.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Swarthy buccaneers invade the Tropical Island of Isla de Tesoro in search of gold and bullion as guests enter via an authentic New Orleans backdrop.

Splash Mountain: Based upon "Song of the South," its a riotous log flume through a Mississippi logging knoll populated by animated characters from the classic Disney film.

These are all Southern-based attractions. It's a topography thing, Swab. Keep WRE in it's rightful place across the trail from BTRR.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'd honestly take out the Matterhorn before Splash. <ducking>

Chad
    GASP! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! <throwing shoe>
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

•   
    • Shenanigans.

Shouldn't any expansion of Frontierland logically take place in the largely unused petting zoo/random picnic table area that always appears closed or unpopulated? In addition, I am a fan of Splash Mountain but not the Critter Country that was built on its behalf, but would not support the idea of changing anything in the Mountain Range. Lastly, while this will be unpopular (and I myself hate thinking this thought) The Pooh Dark ride is enjoyable for small children, hence making it enjoyable for me. Plus, at its longest the wait is never over 10 minutes on the busiest days. The other attractions my small child enjoys, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Small World etc always have wait times that triple that amount.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by DCAFTW View Post
    Posing your biased as a question does not conceal it.
    It is infantile to believe that bias does not enter into every avenue of thought, as all have perferences. Of course I am no big fan of Splash Mountain, or else I would not have proposed its replacement. This seems elementary, and it seemed to me an easy enough concept to grasp...

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast