Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Stangest thing you have seen at DL?

One of the few and only times I got to park in Timon lot and they had only like 1 tram going. Getting into the park was long. Getting out, they had like 3 trams running, almost all empty. Thats not the strange thing I saw.

As the tram drove around that loop in Timon, the driver said "As your leaving the tram to the Right, please watch out for the BOAT!" so I looked around and sure enough! There was a boat!!! A HUGE ONE! Being towed by one of the biggest pickup trucks I have EVER seen. Lifted about 3 feet! I mean this thing was MASSIVE!!! And it was making it way through Timon lot!

My wife and I both looked at each other and said WTF? I mean, WOW!!! What were they planning on doing? Launching it into Rivers of America? Who the heck brings a BOAT to Disneyland with them? And not just a BOAT, bug a BIG FRIGGEN BOAT!

Im sure many of you have much stranger things.

• Here to change the world

Re: Stangest thing you have seen at DL?

One of the strangest things I saw was during my first trip to Disneyland. I was 4 or 5, and as we were walking through the parking lot to get to the gate, I saw 3 or 4 midgets walking toward their car. Now mind you, this isn't really weird in general, but I was 4 and we were at Disneyland, so I immediately thought, "Where's the rest of Snow White's dwarves???" I was all excited and my mom was trying to get me not to point or stare. I thought that was pretty strange

• Big Crush on Stitch

I wouldn't say that this would be the strangest thing I've seen at DL, but it's the funniest thing that I've heard.

After my parents, my sis, and I went on Space Mountain (this was before they closed it down), my parents got the case of motion sickness. So, they chilled and took a nap to recover from the sickness as my sis and I went all over the park, having fun.

When we came back, I saw my mom up as my dad was still passed out. I was surprised that she was awake and then she told us that as she was sleeping, she noticed that someone was in front of her (I guess she was half-asleep). When she opened her eyes, she noticed that Buzz Lightyear was right in front of her face. She jumped the second she saw him, scaring her to death for just a second, haha.

Afterwards, my sis and I took a picture with the culprit that woke up and scared my mom (Buzz Lightyear). Haha

~Helen

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

It was the beginning of December, and I was at DL with my school. We all gathered together to watch the "snow", and then once it was over, we tried to leave. BIG MISTAKE. I don't know how it is for other things, but this was a nightmare. There was absolutely no space around you...squished with a huge mass of people trying to leave at the same time. You honestly couldn't breathe. My friend was short and clausterphobic, and I lost her in the crowd It was terrible. I have no idea how long it took to get out of the park. We got back to school like two hours later than we'd planned (everyone was split up) and our parents were freaking out.

Good times.

• Iron-Clad Allie

The strangest thing that I saw occurred when was when I was a kid as well. While my family and I helped paddle a canoe on the Rivers of America, a p*ssed off Indian guide grabbed my oar and threw it into the water. I was paddling in the wrong direction...but, sheesh...no sense of humor.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-08-2005 at 06:51 AM.

• Sock Puppet

I thought I saw a trashcan talking to people one time, then I remembered I was high on acid and was probably hallucinating.

someone exiting HM wearing a wet suit ... of course it was raining so it does make some sense and a good idea as to why someone might wear one to the park to keep dry ... but still odd to me

• Still wants to be a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by idontneedaname
    I thought I saw a trashcan talking to people one time, then I remembered I was high on acid and was probably hallucinating.
    That trashcan has a name now - PUSH!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    That trashcan has a name now - PUSH!

you don't say............

• Still wants to be a cat!

Another strange thing that happened at DLR, happened today, my daughter Marina rode TOT, and if know her, you know how strange that was!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

i saw a woman getting beat down in her car (mickey & friends parking lot), and some other people trying to pull the guy off the woman... it was like 9-10 in the morning... crazy way to start off a day at disneyland...
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

• Misses Disneyland

I was walking in the walkway between GRR and Bugs land in DCA, and some kid was running, turned back to look behind him, and did a half flip over a garbage can that was in front of him. The can fell, he jumped up, and ran away bright red. I was . It was strange cause I swear that he did it on purpose.

Elsa's and Anna's
    Disneyland Dec 2014

I remember during the first few days of "Parade of Dreams", Main Street's sidewalks were COMPLETELY blocked! People were stopping on the sidewalk, when they should've been moving towards the Main Street Disneyland Railroad Station. Cast Members were waving their flashlights around and literally SCREAMING for people to keep moving. One of the cast members gave up, threw her flashlight down, and said under her breath (i was right next to her) "D****t! I give up!" I was laughing so hard! That was probably the funniest encounter with an angry Cast Member I've ever experienced!

Anyways, I ended up leaving the walkways by turning around. I went to the Tomorrowland station and taking the train to the entrance plaza. The funny thing was, as I was waiting outside of Disneyland for my parents, I saw the guy in front of me walking out of the gates.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Former CM

1 of the few times I was walking through TL right after work I saw a kid running near the chains at HISTA. Of course as I got close he didn't notice that a chain was up and he ran right into it and did a nice little flip onto his back. It was hard not to laugh since you could see it coming. It was even harder to keep from laughing when I had to ask him if he was ok (which he was).

• Former CM

One of the times when my wife and I were in the park we saw this kid with his low hanging shorts and just started to laugh at him saying how dumb he looked. He then looked over at us and his face nearly as red as his shorts. We saw him a little bit later and he had since decided that he would rather wear his shorts like most people then get made fun of.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast