Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Drunk On Disney!

Frontierland idea!!

I think we can all agree that frontierand could use some love right?
    So my idea is to remove the Fantasyland station (the RR of course) and Buid a new Frontierland station where BTR is currently. I mean whats a booming 1800s town without a train station? You could theme it as closely as possible to a real 1800s train station, and you could even buy authentic looking train tickets. (you know for like $1) Oh and they could have your name on them!!
    You could also build a little more city there so its not detatched from the rest of Frontierland. You know like a blacksmith or something!
    I also think Frontierland should start selling more authentic 1800s stuff instead of the normal stuff that we can get at WOD.

So what do you think?

• Collision speed....FULL!

Re: Frontierland idea!!

There's already a well themed Frontierland/NOS station. They don't need another similar one, close to the other.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    There's already a well themed Frontierland/NOS station. They don't need another similar one, close to the other.
    Heh...well-themed to NOS, I'll admit. Nothing about the gentrified architecture and pristine appointments of the current NOS Station (formerly Frontierland Station) evokes a feeling of being in the American 'Frontier' of the mid-1800's. Frontierland does need a station; and a 'wild' BoomTown atmosphere; and unique eateries and shops; and Old West street and stage shows. With the addition of NOS, Frontierland's 'Wild West' type identity was altered to present and incorporate a more 'civilized' Frontier, and it has stumbled down that path until we see what we are left with today: Pirates and fuzzy critters.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

There are multiple reasons why the idea of re-routing the DLRailroad won't work, but your theory is correct. Why not simply A.) re-theme the BTM queue to be more like Florida's (you know, an actual mine-train depot) or B.) re-theme one of the stores (Bonanza Outfitters or whatever) to be like a train depot. The train never has to actually come into the station - they key is to get the hustle and bustle of the goings on of the train station. You could have some killer atmosphere talent just walking around the station in character telling stories or doing a whole "Everything's up to date in Kansas City" type act and capture the period when the train station was really THE place to be to learn about news from anywhere outside the town.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

We all need to brush up a little bit on American history here, guys. New Orleans would have been a railroad stop on the way to the frontier from travelers from the east. It makes total sense for the station to be in NOS for this reason. An extra stop where MtSplash states it should go makes total sense in this regard. Trains from New Orleans had to stop somewhere out in the frontier...

•   

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    There are multiple reasons why the idea of re-routing the DLRailroad won't work, but your theory is correct. Why not simply A.) re-theme the BTM queue to be more like Florida's (you know, an actual mine-train depot) or B.) re-theme one of the stores (Bonanza Outfitters or whatever) to be like a train depot. The train never has to actually come into the station - they key is to get the hustle and bustle of the goings on of the train station. You could have some killer atmosphere talent just walking around the station in character telling stories or doing a whole "Everything's up to date in Kansas City" type act and capture the period when the train station was really THE place to be to learn about news from anywhere outside the town.
    No re-routing would be necessary, just a stop added. Or, if you happen to be a 'purist' and want to retain a four station system, we could tear Toon Town out...

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

LOL, what's with everyone coming up with ideas to tear out good e-ticket Mountain rides? First fo'c with Splash Mountain and now MtSplash with BTMRR?

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    LOL, what's with everyone coming up with ideas to tear out good e-ticket Mountain rides? First fo'c with Splash Mountain and now MtSplash with BTMRR?
    I would like to state for the record, I have no involvement in the plot to destroy BTMRR...just SM

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I don't see where he said to tear out BTMRR. I think he wants to put the new station in BTR and even then you wouldn't have to tear out too much.

• Hooterville, USA

I think they need to include more indian shops and culture.

They seem to have been lost along the way.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

BTR = Big Thunder Ranch.

I think your idea is fairly interesting. I am not sure how I feel about losing the Toontown/Fantasyland station. It seems important. But it is be ridiculous to keep it and add a Frontierland station in addition. The constant stopping would really stink for riders, and the trains would run a lot slower around the park too.

There is no doubt that Frontierland could use some love.

Anyone here been on Star Trek the Experience in Las Vegas? I love the interactive elements of that attraction. It's not the movie parts that are great, but rather the parts where you are running around in corridors, being stalked by Borgs etc.

If we could have a cowboy themed attraction that involved live characters and guests being part of the action, that would be great!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I don't see where he said to tear out BTMRR. I think he wants to put the new station in BTR and even then you wouldn't have to tear out too much.
    Yeah, I got confused with all these damn abbreviations (or whatever they're called) here in Mice Chat. So okay, then only fo'c's the only bad one wanting to tear out Splash. But still, even if it is rerouted to Big Thunder Ranch, does it end there or is it going to go right through Fantasyland??? That place is already crowded enough with people and strollers, imagine a train track?

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

We can put it where The Many Adeventures of Winnie the Pooh now offends...er stands. Or put it where the Festival of Fools area.

In all seriousness, there was a Frontierland Station as one of Disneylands original depot stops. It was not far from where the NO/FrL station is. It was removed/renamed when construction of New Orleans Square began. Aparently there was a Frieght Depot and a passanger depot on oppisite sides of a spur, and you could board either a friehgt train or enclosed passanger car. I found a few pictures but maybe Steve D knows more.

-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Please don't change Frontierland. I love that peaceful Trail.

Chad

•   

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Please don't change Frontierland. I love that peaceful Trail.

Chad
    This is revenge for the SM thing, isn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast