Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Picturing the Magic

A day in the life of a Disneyland fanatic Movie by Splashmoun10 and Aaronpaulcustoms

Hey fellow MiceChatters, Aaronpaulcustoms and I (splashmoun10) are thinking of making a disneyland type mockumentary for our school's film festival and we looking for outstanding ideas.

So this is what we are thinking:

The mockumentary will be about a Disneyland fanatic and his challenges in normal life. He wears a CM uniform to school, fully decked out, he is constantly humming classic disney melodies, he directs students who are walking from class to class, ect. In class he talks about how great disneyland is and all kids do is laugh and snicker. We all know that there are ignorant people out there who do not like Disneyland...and who mocks the idea of a person even liking the park. These people who want to stay "cool" in the eyes of their peers are what we are trying to expose. Why should they care about what someone else likes? is it really going to affect them?

We want to make this mockumentary meaningful (to others) and funny (to disneyland fanatics) so please give us your ideas for good scenarios.

Here are some of ours:

- Fanatic goes to cafeteria and asks for a dole whip and a monte christo

- Guy takes his friends to his house and asks how many in the party, then tells his friend "rows 2 and 3."

- Fanatic has a stack of maps outside his front door and everytime someone goes in it makes the whistle sound.

- Montage of how the fanatic is rejected by the kids at school

- Fanatic's car breaks down so he starts fixing it, washing it; also he washes his driveway every night

Please, Please, Please help us out! thanks.
    Last edited by SplashMoun10; 08-23-2007 at 06:47 PM.

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

Re: A day in the life of a Disneyland fanatic Movie by Splashmoun10 and Aaronpaulcust

Something to do with fastpasses maybe?

Re: A day in the life of a Disneyland fanatic Movie by Splashmoun10 and Aaronpaulcust

It sounds as though your going for more of a "mockumentary" type feel, though.....?

• Picturing the Magic

Quote Originally Posted by jsdmn2 View Post
    It sounds as though your going for more of a "mockumentary" type feel, though.....?
    O yea your right. Its a mockumentary.

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

I was thinking we could do something like...he suped up his sprinklers at home to have his own version of Fantasmic at night

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Oh, good.

The scenarios you have listed so far are great. You guys should check out a few of Christopher Guests similar style movies, like Waiting for Guffman or Best in Show to get a good feel for the humour aspect.

Also maybe something mentioning the "secret bathroom" as in inside joke?

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

I was also thinking about him having a weekend job dressed as Mickey Mouse for kids parties...with his own handler and everything...but i dont think i would have the strength to make an AUTHENTIC looking MM costume

SUPPORT THE CMs

• Picturing the Magic

lol...movie begins...screen is black..."please remain seated with your hand feet..."

• Picturing the Magic

new idea...go up to the train station at bellarmine (this is the name of our school and we have a train station which is very close) and ask someone there if it goes to tomorrowland station or new orleans station
    Last edited by SplashMoun10; 08-23-2007 at 07:36 PM.

• Digging to Earth's center

- A pick-up truck full of friends come by, and they're like "sup", then the fanatic gets on and says "For 'yer safety, PLEASE keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the train. Be suuure to watch your kids! 'Cuz this ride's the wildest in the WIIIIILDERNESS!"

- Fanatic goes to a hotel, and inside the elevator, says "Is this haunted room actually stretching?"

- The school drama play was a big disaster, and fanatic says, "Much like DCA? I totally know how you're feeling." (if you're a DCA fan like me, don't say this... I wouldn't haha, I love DCA, but others don't)

- In the backyard garden, the sprinklers go off, and fanatic says, "Here it is everybody: the backside of water."

- While watching a Disney movie, fanatic is eating churros, popcorn, and a dole whip.

- In science class, the teacher explains about outer space, and says "launch in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... and then the rocket -"... the fanatic interrupts by humming very loudly the Space Mountain theme song (old or new, whichever you've memorized).

- (Use this if you have a dog) Fanatic feeding pet dog, and says "Hey check this out!!" He rearranges the dog food into three pieces and says, "A hidden Mickey... IN MY HOUSE!!"

- Fanatic's friends talk about how awesome planes and jets are, and fanatic says, "Psh. Nothing beats Soarin'."

- Quote by fanatic, "My history teacher is so cheerful and happy, I swear she inspired Small World... either that or the Twilight Zone."

- Fanatic calls friends at 3 AM crying, "I had a nightmare that the castle was bombed!"

- Fanatic sees dead mouse and mourns, "Poor Mickey!! Or is it a Minnie...?"

- At the theater, fanatic asks if popcorn boxes could be Mickey-shaped.

- Fanatic is at the mall and sees some girl talking about how some shoes are "so 80s", and fanatic responds, "at least they aren't pixarified!!!" (I love Pixar, but this is something I've always heard... take this out if you don't like)

- Fanatic is looking at a postcard of Italy, "Hey look, Pinocchio!"

- Fanatic at a pool party, ready to jump off diving board, but before doing so, he shouts, "Here we goooooo. OFF TO NEVERLAND!" and dives in.

- At an aquarium, fanatic asks if the submarines are still a 2 or 3 hour wait.

Those are my ideas. You don't have to use them if you want to, but feel free to do so.
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

• Picturing the Magic

hahahhaah those are great FinalAdventure. I love the pick up truck one...it would be so awkward and freak everyone out, hahahahah. I can't stop laughing at some of these. Thanks for the ideas.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Loving all those ideas! yay!

SUPPORT THE CMs

• MA Reader Since 2003

I think you should show someone who is a disney fanatic, but then show how people are such hypocrites by showing how the same people that ridicule Disney fans are just as fanatical about there "obsession or hobby" motorcross, skateboarding, oragami whatever. I think this could be done in a very comical way.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

• Picturing the Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Diznyfan View Post
    I think you should show someone who is a disney fanatic, but then show how people are such hypocrites by showing how the same people that ridicule Disney fans are just as fanatical about there "obsession or hobby" motorcross, skateboarding, oragami whatever. I think this could be done in a very comical way.
    This is a great idea because in the movie The Benchwarmers you see the same hypocracy. The coaches who are jerks and make fun of the nerdy kids for being different and strange are all homosexuals who give eachother nipple twisters. The hypocracy is great in that movie. They don't wanna look at themselves and self-analyze so they make fun of others.

Looks like you guys are well on your way. You have really good imaginations and artistic eye. Good Luck to you...we hope to see the finished product here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast