Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cascade Peak

• "I Break Things"

Re: Cascade Peak

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    The biggest disadvantage to this (techskip edit...New E-Ticket Ride), as has already been discussed in numerous threads, would be the elimination of a very quiet, peaceful, beautiful spot in the park.
    With an E-Ticket I could see it being a major disruption, having a train station there would have the same potential. However just adding Cascade itself back, and then working up from there, would maintain that peace and possibly enhance that peace, even if only for a little while.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: Cascade Peak

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I am not sure how the falls looked on the Frontierland side. From the river they are amazing but I never rode it so I don't know how the other side looked. I would love to have some 15ft to 20ft waterfalls that you can see from Big Thunder Trail. I also like the idea posted earlier about having the train go through something similar to Rainbow Caverns (based in part on Carlsbad Caverns btw). I know it would be expensive but it would be amazing to see prior to arriving at a new Frontierland Train Depot...
    ...and the Boom Town of Big Thunder!

All Excellent, Beautiful, Well Themed ideas... I love the Carlsbad (Rainbow) Caverns view from the DLRR...

Different sides of the New Cascade Peak could look different - depending on from where you were viewing it: from the Rivers / Tom Sawyer's Island / Mark Twain, it could look like a thing of 'natural beauty'; from the Big Thunder side, it could look like a harnassed natural resource of water to run the mill, gold panning operation, and flowing through troughs and sluece-ways (much as the front of BTMRR looks) to the town; it should look from all views as though it needs to be explored...

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post

All Excellent, Beautiful, Well Themed ideas... I love the Carlsbad (Rainbow) Caverns view from the DLRR...

Different sides of the New Cascade Peak could look different - depending on from where you were viewing it: from the Rivers / Tom Sawyer's Island / Mark Twain, it could look like a thing of 'natural beauty'; from the Big Thunder side, it could look like a harnassed natural resource of water to run the mill, gold panning operation, and flowing through troughs and sluece-ways (much as the front of BTMRR looks) to the town; it should look from all views as though it needs to be explored...
    To be honest I think it would be nice to have a combination of the two. Like boiling a frog... people would be upset if suddenly this quiet place was a bustling trail. So... do it in phases. Add in Cascade and the Railroad tunnel (not my idea to begin with I expanded on it is all) first which keeps the peace on the outside and adds a little more to everything. Then toss in the Station and some of the Town and expand from there. Put in the Mine train loop, possibly the Geyser thrill ride, the rest of the town. I would say a 5yr plan instead of just an overnight bam here it is no more peace and quiet! It would suit both camps because it would not be a drastic change and eventually it would bring it back to life.

• =)

I'm having some trouble understanding how this proposed train station would work. The current tracks go nowhere near the former location of Cascade Peak...in fact, to reroute them to that location would require the train to go in a ridiculous loop, turning 90 degrees to travel into the park, making a full 180-degree turn, entering the new station, and traveling back to the original route...only to come across yet another station at Toontown, just a moment later. Why do this? Or am I missing something?

• Minion

I really miss the Cascade Falls on the Rivers of America - - they were quite lovely. You know could be cool there? A restaurant staged beneath the falls and along the bank.

• Disgruntled Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    I really miss the Cascade Falls on the Rivers of America - - they were quite lovely. You know could be cool there? A restaurant staged beneath the falls and along the bank.
    If carefully planned, the new Cascade Falls could hide a great deal of infrastructure: a kitchen, tech support, cast area, etc - it doesn't just have to be a mountain of dirt and concrete; and the "ridge" could be continued back towards the berm / train tracks.

• "I Break Things"

I'm having some trouble understanding how this proposed train station would work. The current tracks go nowhere near the former location of Cascade Peak...in fact, to reroute them to that location would require the train to go in a ridiculous loop, turning 90 degrees to travel into the park, making a full 180-degree turn, entering the new station, and traveling back to the original route...only to come across yet another station at Toontown, just a moment later. Why do this? Or am I missing something?
    The proposed station site is Festival Arena, which in turn dumps into BTR which in turn dumps into the trail. Cascade wasn't that close to the tracks but it would be pretty easy to build a "range" that could offer a tunnel on the tracks themselves. We would all like to see life brought back to Frontierland... just thought it would work best in stages so the peacefulness to busy boom town is a gradual change rather then a sudden rush.

• =)

The proposed station site is Festival Arena, which in turn dumps into BTR which in turn dumps into the trail. Cascade wasn't that close to the tracks but it would be pretty easy to build a "range" that could offer a tunnel on the tracks themselves. We would all like to see life brought back to Frontierland... just thought it would work best in stages so the peacefulness to busy boom town is a gradual change rather then a sudden rush.
    Oh, okay. What about Toontown station, though? Wouldn't it seem silly to enter one station, leave, and immediately enter another? Toontown station does offer pretty nice access to the north side of the park, especially for the park's younger guests.

• "I Break Things"

I am not sure overall of the feasibility I believe they posted in detail how it would affect the timing of the trains and if it would be a plausible stop... I can't find the thread though.

• Knight that says Nee!!

The biggest disadvantage to this, as has already been discussed in numerous threads, would be the elimination of a very quiet, peaceful, beautiful spot in the park. Big Thunder Trail is a very calm part of Disneyland's backwoods, and a new E-ticket there would be a mixed blessing.
    I'd gladley make the "sacrifice." Frontierland needs something new.

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Sounds great to me!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post

I want it all
    (yeah, yeaah!)
    I want it all
    I want it all
    And I want it now!

*Freddie Mercury busts out with a high kick*
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: Cascade Peak

Oh, okay. What about Toontown station, though? Wouldn't it seem silly to enter one station, leave, and immediately enter another? Toontown station does offer pretty nice access to the north side of the park, especially for the park's younger guests.
    Two different stations, yards - but worlds - apart; it's not much different than the Main Street vs. New Orleans station(s): it's a very short trip, but lets you out in another time / world.

I would love to see Frontierland have it's very own station (again). Keep Toon Town Station for the north of the Park (whether it stays Toon Town or not); the DLRR is still a great form of transportation all around the Park!

• Quality Assured

One overlooked reason Cascade Peak should be brought "back" is not for its beauty, but because of the fact that it greatly helped in filtering the Rivers of America.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Disney really should be reading this, and making plans to rebuild this beautiful peice of disneyland history.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Small Worlds of Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
    One overlooked reason Cascade Peak should be brought "back" is not for its beauty, but because of the fact that it greatly helped in filtering the Rivers of America.
    And I thought changing the filter cartridge in my fish tank was bad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast