Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cascade Peak

• "I Break Things"

Cascade Peak

I am not sure how much room the old Cascade took up but I was wondering if it would be possible to fit it in the current Frontierland. I'll post the pictures when I have a chance. I have a few memories from when I was younger... of the HUGE waterfalls. I think that between the old peak, and some AA's you could bring some of the magic back to Frontierland! Again this is without knowing if it would even fit.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Digging to Earth's center

Re: Cascade Peak

I'd love to see Cascade Peak back! (I've never seen it but I've heard it was amazing) Maybe that will bring some live back to Frontierland and make it just like it was in its heyday/golden ages.
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

Cascade Peak would be an awesome addition to Frontierland!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It would totally fit. In fact, they could just rebuild it where it was before. It was taken down due to maintenance concerns. Rather than spending the money to repair an old Mine Train prop, they just removed it. But, like you, I felt that it added a bit of magic to the river.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Small Worlds of Walt

I'd love to see this space utilized better in the future to help out frontierland. You could fit a whole ride over there with a path leading to it through the old mine train tunnel.

Of course if they get rid of that aging crashed NWRR mine train, I'd be happy to give it a nice home for restoration.

I'd rather something else be put there... that waterfall took up a lot of room.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• "I Break Things"

I was reading the thread about having the DLRR go through a tunnel. I guess that got me thinking about Cascade and how amazing it was. You're right it took up a lot of room... it was HUGE... and now the land sits empty. I can easily imagine the DLRR going through a tunnel in a new Cascade, but it would have to be one sided in a way to prevent backstage from being displaced... not sure if it would work. I've also suggested bringing back a smaller version of the mine, that would be a great reason to build new scenery sets.

That train Idea is really cool. I think it would be cool to go through a train tunnel with a large waterfall coming down in the inside.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F View Post
    I'd love to see this space utilized better in the future to help out frontierland. You could fit a whole ride over there with a path leading to it through the old mine train tunnel.
    Have a queue go through a brand new Cascade Peak!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

A new, slow-moving train ride (with different AAs and sights along the way) weaving it's way through the unused real estate of Frontierland, IMO, would be a good idea. A newly-realized Cascade Peak would be perfect to go along with this.

• "I Break Things"

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Sounds great to me!

• Knight that says Nee!!

I would love to see the water falls return! Especially if it is associated with a new ride or even as part of the current train ride through Frontierland.

• "I Break Things"

I am not sure how the falls looked on the Frontierland side. From the river they are amazing but I never rode it so I don't know how the other side looked. I would love to have some 15ft to 20ft waterfalls that you can see from Big Thunder Trail. I also like the idea posted earlier about having the train go through something similar to Rainbow Caverns (based in part on Carlsbad Caverns btw). I know it would be expensive but it would be amazing to see prior to arriving at a new Frontierland Train Depot.

• =)

I'd love to see Cascade Peak return, but if it were returning simply as something to look at (as opposed to part of a new ride), I would advocate other changes first. Like an extensive Tomorrowland retheming refurb.

However, bringing Cascade Peak back as part of a new Frontierland ride would be very smart. There's still room for it because nothing except trees and flat land replaced Disneyland's lost mountain. I've long been a proponent of a Frontierland dark ride being placed in the Festival of Fools/Big Thunder Ranch area, and this ride could easily connect to the Cascade Peak area, either as part of the attraction or as part of the queue.

The biggest disadvantage to this, as has already been discussed in numerous threads, would be the elimination of a very quiet, peaceful, beautiful spot in the park. Big Thunder Trail is a very calm part of Disneyland's backwoods, and a new E-ticket there would be a mixed blessing. In order to maximize the space, part or all of that little pond might need to be removed, which would definitely be sad. But if the ride were good enough, I wouldn't mind making the sacrifice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast