Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The answer EVERYONE wants, the Inside Scoop as to why the Cove Bar was closed!

Ok, I got the answer as to why the Cove Bar was closed for a few days a couple of weeks ago...

The majority of Bartenders and other staff all put in requests to take time off, and all of it was approved. They all headed off to Las Vegas for a deserved weekend of fun and relaxation.

So there was very little regular staff available to open the bar, though a few remaining CM's were willing to do what they could to staff the location.

So instead of finding other available bartenders that could come over and work the Cove Bar for the weekend from other locations in the Resort, the Ariel's Grotto/Cove Bar Managers decided to just close the bar for a busy Summer Weekend instead.

So that is the story, and keeping it simple is the probably the best.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: The answer EVERYONE wants, the Inside Scoop as to why the Cove Bar was closed!

Wow, how stupid is that. Whos in charge of this?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: The answer EVERYONE wants, the Inside Scoop as to why the Cove Bar was closed!

Imagine all the cocktails they could have sold on those busy hot weekends. Bad scheduling that's for sure.

• Minion

Nah, it was a Covert Cell of the Daughters of Carrie Nation

The Foods department really has no clue. Imagine if they closed Soarin' because the Cast Members wanted to have a few days off.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mpdb6 View Post
    The Foods department really has no clue. Imagine if they closed Soarin' because the Cast Members wanted to have a few days off.
    No problem.

They'd just tell people to go fly a hang glider

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Well... I think it's kinda cool, like a bonding thing... like companies have retreats and such.
    And if the company wanted a few days of lost revenue to do this, well... their decision.
    but bummer for those who wanted a drink!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Well... I think it's kinda cool, like a bonding thing... like companies have retreats and such.
    And if the company wanted a few days of lost revenue to do this, well... their decision.
    but bummer for those who wanted a drink!
    But it wasn't the Company who organized the event, the front line CM's decided to go out and have some fun (and meet some former employees) on their own.

Management approved the time off, but failed to find replacements and failed to deliver service to customers that weekend. It happens to be the only full bar in the park.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Let's have Disneyland do the same thing and see what happens.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Oh I'm so glad I wasn't there that weekend. I would have been mad, especially w/ all that sunshiney weather just begging a mojito!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Something I posted at MP...

The place was closed during Summer Peak. It is one thing to close a place in the off-season (and they only operate the location on weekends during that period), but to not find staff to operate the location, and they have bartenders that work the restaurant downstairs that could have been moved upstairs for a few days, and also the Vineyard Room has multiple bartenders on staff and available that could have been moved over, plus many other CM bartenders that have worked in DCA for private events.

And then have the Host stand for Ariel's Grotto claim the Bar was closed "until further notice" instead of admitting the fact the place would be closed until Tuesday.

Not what I would call "Excellent Customer Service".
    Another Declining by Degrees issue....

• Reformed Bedknob Twister

Interesting. We've tried to go have nachos over there many a times, but have never actually made it in when it was open. We always seem to get conflicting info from the CMs in Ariel's Grotto as to when it is open. Of course, when we actually do make it in, we'll probably have built it up too much. Isn't that the way it works?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Another post of mine, this time from LP...

One job of management is to deal with problems and find solutions.

I used to be the regional manager for Johnny Rockets in San Diego, and remember working one Easter Sunday with one other employee from opening to close, I basically cooked and dealt with the back room stuff, while one of my shift managers served. We also cleaned the place just as much as we expected our regular staff to do after closing. (Yes, they had a lot more prep than normal Monday Morning). But we found a way to serve our customers, and while it was slower than normal, all of customers saw us busting our butts trying to deliver the best service we could with a very short staff.

Of course, those who failed to show up and were scheduled found themselves with less shifts for the next few weeks.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    But it wasn't the Company who organized the event, the front line CM's decided to go out and have some fun (and meet some former employees) on their own.

Management approved the time off, but failed to find replacements and failed to deliver service to customers that weekend. It happens to be the only full bar in the park.
    Ok, my mistake.
    If the company has an issue with this, then they will take action on the management.

I agree it was a stupid decision. But I don't see the reason to get all worked up about it.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

I liked it better when it was rumored the closure was due to bees. I figured it was the Africanized Killer type freeloading around Bug's Life and they had all stopped in for a brewski. Sometimes I prefer rumors to the truth!
    DisneyBroad54

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast