• Minion

StarTours FastPass Pedestrian Bottleneck

I've noticed in the heavy crowds that, almost as bad as the Astro-Orbitor bottleneck is the useless Star Tours Fastpass pavillion bottleneck - - this largely unused area protrudes directly out into the main corridor where the path around Orbitor is depositing a sea of people and strollers, creating a horrible congestion - - for no worthwhile reason.

It's easily fixed (and soon, I hope) - - either get rid of FastPass for Star Tours alltogether, or put the machines inside the overflow queue - akin to the better placed Buzz Lightyear machines.

Check it out next time you are there - that area is a mess!

• Rock Star Minion

Re: StarTours FastPass Pedestrian Bottleneck

1. Lots of people seeking shade under the PM track while waiting for party members to exit from Star Tours/Buzz.
    2. Buzz's stand-by queue (again) is out on the walkway, so FP queue can be a lot shorter.
    3. Certainly, Star Tours FP kiosks should go. I don't see there ever being a need for them. ST has become the attraction people ride while waiting for their Buzz FP time. And the queue is part of the attraction, setting the guest up to enter a world where the robots can have twinges of anarchy.
    4. Sometimes there is a delay between the need for ST's indoor overflow queue and its readiness. I noticed the other day that the ropes indoors (in that room next door, not in the space port) weren't even ready. Meanwhile, the outdoor queue gets overloaded, spilling into the walkways.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• In a Rocket Rods daze @_@

Personally, I think Disney should have just kept with the Star Tours Fastpass service. I mean, hey, Fastpasses for any ride? I'm there!
    Rocket Rods--Ride The Road To Tomorrow

• Lowering Expectations

Even in the most horrific of crowds, I have never passed by Star Tours seeing the wait time in excess of 30 minutes. I was just there yesterday, and even after R...DCT when everyone floods into Tomorrowland chanting "Space Mountain, Space Mountain!" (like we were, heh) it was really a bottleneck getting past that particular area, and curiously even though I expected people just to ride the nearest attraction just to get out of the crowds like they usually do, Star Tours was getting only a handful of people off the beaten path. I think the purpose of fastpass on Star Tours in its current state has little purpose. NOW, if Star Tours is ever going to be upgraded for the 21st century like I've heard rumors of, I'm all for fastpass, as that would be very handy to have. But until ST sees more action, I don't see any point of getting a fastpass for it. Same reason Pirates no longer does fastpass, thank goodness.

• Again! Again! Again!

The only real solution is to move the rockets back up top! You're right, the FP machines aren't conveniently located, but the rockets not being there would open that whole area up. There has been bad bottleneck there since the TL redo. It's lame. One reason that I try to go around or take the train into TL.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I don't understand why Fastpass is still sitting there unused for Star Tours either. I say even if the film is upgraded, let us waiit in line. Not every ride can or has to have fastpass.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• insufferable know-it-all

I'm with Grumpy4...

Move the rockets back on top of the peoplemover platform where they belong and the problem will solve itself. And lose the ugly ugly rocks. Lands are supposed to be set back from the hub, TL ruins the appearance of the area. Put the rockets back on top and a nice lucite fountain out in front and it'll still be plenty set back from the hub like it's supposed to be.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

It's also a pain when people stop right in front of the entrance to ST. Last time I was at DL, there was a whole friggen family standing right in front of it, disabling anyone from entering. I said in a loud voice, "Gee, so nice of people to keep anyone from moving."