Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Creative Director

Re: Pixar PlayPals Parade! Coming Next Spring 2008!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
    You Know what!
    This is the stuff that makes me angry! You know the creative people that work for Disney work very hard and you dont know how stressful a job like that can be when you have deadlines, and your parade or show has to be open by a certain time. The "Pixar-Playpals" parade is very fresh and imaginative, this is the next generation of Disney theme park parades, more updated music, fresh new beats,new characters, colorful costumes, show stops, and interactivity with the guests!. We have seen the how people hated the "Eureka parade" from a few years back, and that was a classic parade which no one took a favor to,so why not learn from your mistakes and create something more fresh and better than you did before?? Many of you may not know but when BLOCK PARTY was being created for the 50th it had many changes and some floats were never built due to budjet cuts due to the 50th! It was going to include Stitch as Elvis, and the Muppets on another float. Well that concept never happened and the folks at WDI Entertainment for Disneyland had to meet a deadline so what became of BLOCK PARTY BASH was never what was meant to be seen!. It was going to be more grander and bigger!. Well with the Pixar Play Pals parade they have created something of that caliber!. I can tell you this, Kids and adults will have fun with it. In the summer its going to be a BIG HIT with the "WET MODE". My friend who has worked on some of Disneyland's shows and parades has worked very hard and does hope that you will enjoy this new parade as much as people did with BLOCK PARTY. After all your lucky to even be getting a new parade for DCA! On a Higher Note (WALT DISNEYS PARADE OF DREAMS) is going to keep running at Disneyland Park til 2009, after that when it shall be shipped off to Walt Disney World Resort and it shall be replaced with a new parade!)
    You're very passionate, and that is great, but don't let others opinions get you worked up. It is not worth it...the opinions on these boards, for the most part, do not reflect the majority of the public that goes to the parks anyway.

Entertainment is its own artform...it is art. Not everyone is going to like what it is created. People will either love it, hate it, or fall somewhere inbetween. It's the nature of being an artist, whether you are a performer, technician, or a creative. You can't please everyone, and this ok.
    The key to what Disneyland entertainment is trying to do, or what they tried to do with the 50th, was to create varied offerings for different areas of the resort. Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams was more classical/tradiitional in approach, Block Party Bash was more upbeat, "street party" style (which Disney has done before many, many years ago), and so on.

I am definitely looking forward to the new parade...a new parade- who can complain about that. With the trend Disney takes stateside in creating and updating live entertainment in the parks, we should be ever so grateful and thankful that we are even getting a new parade and so soon too!

Just as a note- "WDI Entertainment" as you called it is actually a division called "Disney Creative Entertainment" which is the arm of WDI that creates all the major, large scale parades, stage shows, and spectaculars for Disney Parks & Resorts and regional entertainment venues.
    Each resort also has its own local entertainment department that works in conjunction with DCE.
    From what I was told this new Pixar parade is being primarily done by the folks within the Disneyland Entertainment department, and not spearheaded by DCE.

Also, the rumor of moving Parade of Dreams to Florida's MK has not been approved and is not likely to happen, from what I have been told.
    Again, it's Disney, you get different answers depending on who you speak with.
    *My guess is that Parade of Dreams would be considered for Hong Kong Disneyland, simply because that park is modeled so closely off of our original in Anaheim, and the overall operational and creative aspects would be more similar between these two parks.

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    I can guarantee there will be some people who will hate it simply because of the 'Wet Mode'. I don't even appreciate people spraying me with those little fans.

Also, not everyone who responded to this thread are unaware of what goes into opening a new parade/show. I, myself, have opened 2 brand new parades and 2 brand new shows at Disney. One show had changes up until the day before soft openings.

Just because some members don't like the concept doesn't mean they don't appreciate the effort that was put into the creation.
    I wouldn't worry so much about a "wet mode" or water element to the parade.

Steve and his team took great consideration into the fact that not everyone wants to get wet. So, the parade (and this is noted in the guidemap) has areas marked along the parade route for "Dry Zones" and "Wet Zones", and guests can choose accordingly as to where they would prefer to view the parade. That way, the parade is not limited to only those who wish to get wet.

Block Party Bash is awesome +1

• Fireworks Finatic!

Always amazes me how people complain about everything being about Pixar lately. Well, Disney now owns Pixar. Like it or not, the Pixar movies have been much bigger hits than Disney's own movies. So of course they are going to build rides, parades, and shows based on those hits. Once Disney finally comes out with a huge hit all its own, then there may be be some form of entertainment or attraction based on it.

I like Block Party Bash. It's not something I would go see everyday. But it is very energetic and is very popular by the average guest. But it will be cool to see a new parade, whatever the theme may be.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by symbolic View Post
    Block Party Bash is awesome +1
    Is it 11?

...sorry Spinal Tap reference. Don't kill me.

Playpals... I just don't like the word. It sounds like those Marvel preschool superhero toys that have Spiderman all jumboed. The wording just throws me off.

• Creative Director

Also a heads up to the folks that have issues with Pixar.
    The reason why the Pixar gang, in terms of parades, is centered in DCA is because the approach of creating the entertainment (from the 50th) was to have the classic Disney family of characters inhabit Disneyland's Parade of Dreams, while the Pixar family of characters would be exclusive to DCA's parade. I believe that was part of the reason why the muppets, mickey and the gang, Lilo and Stitch etc. were taken out of the earlier form of BPB when DCE took over the project.
    Naturally, the Disney family fits DL's vibe, while the Pixar family fits DCA's vibe, get it?

It is similar to how Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea handle certain characters, in which certain characters inhabit the one park that they most closely connect with.
    DLR is similar, but not as strict.

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

It looks like Disney is in PIXAR, Pirates, and High School Musical II overload right now...

Why can't they bring a new version of Eureka!: A California Parade back? It was a really good parade that had to do with the theme of California.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• Lost in Wonderland

Disneyland hasn't had the best results with using water in parades. No matter how you try to aim the water, it often ends up where you don't want it. Hopefully the performers won't slip and fall on DCA's "Performance Corridor."

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    Disneyland hasn't had the best results with using water in parades. No matter how you try to aim the water, it often ends up where you don't want it. Hopefully the performers won't slip and fall on DCA's "Performance Corridor."
    So are they actually considering using water as a major element in this parade?

The only water I can think of that actually has worked well, from a guest perspective, is the water on the Lion King Unit (Dream of Adventure) in POD.
    The water, or pop jet fountains, on the Mermaid units don't seem very effective, and you can barely see them.

• Shubisha

shrug people loved the spitting camels from aladdin's royal caravan parade. but that wasn't a water parade.

tokyo's done a water parade every year and they're eating it up over there. there've been more but the 2 i liked a lot were Donald's Super Splash and Buzz Lightyear's Big Mission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123