Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Progressive Disneylander

Angry Alice in Wonderland = A 'Baby' Ride?

So I'm standing in line for Alice today and a boy gets in line behind me. His mom came up right after and tells him that Alice is a "baby ride".

She then attemps to pressure him out of going on it by then saying, "Do you see any adults on the ride?" Obviously there were and, heck, I should have felt a little insulted at that point!

The boy replied to her by saying it wasn't a "baby ride", but then she said, "Do you really want to go on a baby ride?"

Eventually, she won in guilting him to leave the line out of fear of being a 'baby'.

Sadly, this kid will probably never understand the 'Disney magic' because of the attitude of his clueless, creepy mother.

In a semi-related situation today, I saw a guy try to pull his girlfriend out of The Matterhorn line because he realized that it wasn't Space Mountain and that he wanted to do "the scary rides". He was very adamant about not going on it, but she eventually won out. He was convinced that The Matterhorn Bobsleds was not a 'scary' rollercoaster.

Why do people go to a Disney park expecting Six Flags thrills? Apparently, some people just don't seem to get it.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Re: Alice in Wonderland = A 'Baby' Ride?

Less idiots in line in front of me. If they don't want to immerse themselves in the magic then they are losing out of a wonderful experience!

• Roller Coaster Aficionado

OK so Disneyland is the "Happiest Place on Earth" right? So why do these people try to stop their friends/family from doing what makes them happy? I gotta say that if I don't ride Dumbo and Peter Pan at least one time when I go to Disneyland I will be very UNhappy! I know they are rides that are aimed towards little kids more than adults, but I don't care. If you appreciate Disneyland for the amazing place that it is, then you turn into a kid as soon as you walk through the gate anyway!

If you want thrills go to Six Flags, if you want Magic go to Disneyland.

• insufferable know-it-all

On the contrary, that kid will probably rebel by buying an AP the second he gets his drivers license

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Koubu Pilot

It's ok. That lady will probably force the kid on Space and lose his lunch all over her!! Can you blame that boyfriend if all he wants to do is have an excuse to scream like a little girl this time?

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I read the thread title and thought people who had been on Alice were spontaneously falling pregnant...

Alice was one of the last things I tried on my trip, and it was just that - a trip! Loved the colours and the shapes, and while that is something babies are known to respond to, I think it is fun for us big kids too. I still say Alice in Wonderland has a brilliant E-ticket in it somewhere though...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

I was in line for BLAB and some kid around 12 said that BLAB was a baby ride. I almost slapped him and said "It is NOT a baby ride!", but I controlled myself.

Anyways, after the ride, we saw him over at the BLAB photos and he was emailing his picture everywhere and bragging about his score. Go figure.
    Love WoC!!!

Next DL trip: August 2011

"What do you mean we can't get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
    -Walt Disney

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Me and my loud mouth, I would've corrected that creepy mom. Explained to her that Alice is indeed NOT a baby ride. Off with her head!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

What is so funny is that it isn't uncommon for me to go alone after a bad day at work and obviously I go on the rides alone, including the Fantasyland rides. And I am a 38 year old guy who is big also. Sometimes I think about what the other guests are thinking when they see this big lug getting on the FL rides by himself but I don't care. And I am sure the ride CM sees this all the time.

There is nothing in this world that helps me forget my stress in life than a spin on a Disney ride... It is for babies little and big!

I had an experience like this when I was in line for Monsters (when it actually had a line). I turned around and said I loved the ride and asked if I looked like a kid They just looked at me more shocked I butted into thier convo lol.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude View Post
    I had an experience like this when I was in line for Monsters (when it actually had a line). I turned around and said I loved the ride and asked if I looked like a kid They just looked at me more shocked I butted into thier convo lol.
    Yeah. Your point probably went right over their heads if that is how they reacted. How unfortunate...

• Banned User

littlecricket...paging littlecricket!

What a *word that rhymes with "witch"* she is. Had littlecricket been there, I think she'd teach a little history lesson.

I get this when I go with people my age(late teen-early twenties) which is why next time I go I'm either going with only my family or someone with a baby or little kid. The last time I went, one of my friends was being particularly bossy and didn't want to let the group do anything unless it was "fast" and "scary". So we mostly just ran on TToT, Spacemountain and Screaming over and over and over. I was bored out of my skull because roller coaster don't do anything for me. I'm more visual and I like plenty of variety. That's one of the two reasons I'm so fond of DL. The other reason is nostalgia. So, though I like the thrill rides, especially Space and Indy, a trip there just isn't complete unless I go on all the kid rides and see all my favorite shows too. And geeze just try something different once in a while. Even if it turns out to be boring or stupid, it pales compared to how boring or stupid it is going on the same 3 rides all day long. If you only do roller coasters there are better places to go for that than DL.

It's really sad to me seeing parents doing this to there kid's, especially at DL. You see it more with parents of boys. You know, trying to socialize them to be as masculine as possible. Just let kids be kids, and let them decide what makes them happy. I guess boring people will always try to raise their kids to be as closed minded as they are.

• Hooterville, USA

I would have given that woman a piece of my mind, but my "binky" was missing and I had a boo boo lip.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Do you think the babies understand the bong smoking Caterpillar?

Alice is an amazing ride with some pretty cool effects!!!!!
    Foolish Mortal

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast