Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Any ideas on how to celebrate my uhm 50th birthday at Dl

Does anyone have any ideas of how to celebrate my uhm... 50th birthday and DL? I am looking for something new , something different , something exciting!
    Ok its in November the park will be decked out for the holidays, I am sure we will be staying at the Grand California ( or my husband will meet his demise) inviting family and friends. I am not rich , cannot rent the park for just me...darn!
    I am need help!!! I need to find that one great thing to celebrate the occassion ( besides being at DL of course) to make it truly special. Ideas? Am i still eligible for the magical birthday package????? Anyone have a club 33 membership i can rent for the night? HELP!!!

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    I'm trying to convince my dad to go on his 50th this year. It's also a milestone year for me (30) my brother (21) and my grandfather (75).
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYJUNKIE
    I am sure we will be staying at the Grand California ( or my husband will meet his demise) inviting family and friends. I am not rich , cannot rent the park for just me...darn!
    If you can afford the GCH, you're richer than I!

How about the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet at the Disney Gallery Balcony? Or maybe one of the special tours, like A Walk in Walt's Footsteps?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I would vote for Fantasmic! buffet also. Also, I would think a nice dinner at Blue Bayou, preferrably at a waterside table would be wonderful! How about possiblity getting a conceirge level room at the GCH? And make sure and give the phone number to hubby so he can call and arrange something fun for your birthday Spa treatment at the GCH sounds good to me too

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

I vote for the Spa treatment at the GC, too. I got it for my wife twice and she loved it both times.

For dinner, my favorites in the resort are BB and Napa Rose -- both are great for a special occasion.
    Disneyland allows me to escape the everyday stresses and routines of a Southern Californian resident.

California Adventure brings me right back to the place I was trying to avoid in the first place.

• Baybeh!

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYJUNKIE
    Does anyone have any ideas of how to celebrate my uhm... 50th birthday and DL? I am looking for something new , something different , something exciting!
    Ok its in November the park will be decked out for the holidays, I am sure we will be staying at the Grand California ( or my husband will meet his demise) inviting family and friends. I am not rich , cannot rent the park for just me...darn!
    I am need help!!! I need to find that one great thing to celebrate the occassion ( besides being at DL of course) to make it truly special. Ideas? Am i still eligible for the magical birthday package????? Anyone have a club 33 membership i can rent for the night? HELP!!!
    What ever you do, try to keep your group small! I went last month for my birthday, and I had 24 people with me. It was very hard keeping everyone together, and even harder cause the park was busy.

Other than that, it was a blast! We took up a whole boat on Pirates. The Cast Member almost thought I was joking when I said how many people I had!

Oh and get a Happy Birthday sticker at City Hall or from a ticket booth. Everybody and their mother will wish you well on your happy day!

• BTMR Lover!

We're going this fall for my mil's 50th, my aunt-in-law's 40th, and my husband's 30th! Have fun!
    -Erica

• Still wants to be a cat!

What this about a Fantasmic dessert buffet? Never heard of it. Do you have to make reservations? Is it only done on certain nights? More info please, sounds great!

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    What this about a Fantasmic dessert buffet? Never heard of it. Do you have to make reservations? Is it only done on certain nights? More info please, sounds great!
    I think it's about $50 per person. Call guest relations to make reservations...I think 30 days in advance? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Baybeh!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    I think it's about $50 per person. Call guest relations to make reservations...I think 30 days in advance? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Nope, you got it right

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Is this how you get those seats they have set out and rpoed off for some viewers of Fantasmic? Or are those a different matter altogether?

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    Is this how you get those seats they have set out and rpoed off for some viewers of Fantasmic? Or are those a different matter altogether?
    Yes. I think before they used to have it up on the Gallery balcany...?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Banned User

they still do it up in the balcony of the Disney Gallery. There's a roped off area on the ground for CMs and their friends/family. They don't serve desert there, and it's ground seating though.

Balcony for Fantasmic!

I did the balcony seating for Fanstasmic the last weekend in January. It was $53. The view was fanstastic and the desserts were to die for. It was definately worth every penny, especially not having to sit for hours for a good view of the show.

• Tour Ready

A Birthday Dinner at The Napa Rose would be a great Idea! The food is amazing, the service impeccable and they love to help you celebrate that special occasion with a decadent dessert somehow personalized to the occasion! I have celebrated an anniversary there and would have to say it was wonderful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast