Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Fire Matt Ouimet!

1) Don't try to get across the park from an hour before a parade until half an hour after the parade.

2) Don't try to go ANYWHERE near Frontierland or NOS from an hour before first Fantasmic until an hour after last Fantasmic.

3) Don't try to go anywhere near Matterhorn, castle, hub or the north end of Main Street from an hour before fireworks until an hour after.

4) If you are at Small World and want to leave the park, 1 word...... TRAIN!

About 5 times a day, Disneyland stops being an amusement park and becomes a stock yard...

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydad
    Looks like my thread title made everyone take a look. I agree that firing Matt is pushing it. In the end, he is in charge and this is a serious issue.

I would like to know what kindergarten the person in charge of crowd control for their degree from. At some point, there is someone who is THE person in charge of crowd control.

My wife and I have been there on New Year's eves in the past when the back areas of Main street were opened up to allow people to move. Maybe this should be standard practice at this point in time. There are seious saftey issues at the park. Someone needs to take notice and find a way to correct them.
    Perhaps it's not the person in charge of crowd control, it's the crowd itself. You can have a genius plan, but if no one listens to you...

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

With all the good and this bit of "bad" I just don't see why Matt should be fired. A little silly don't you think. I agree crowd control needs to be addressed.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Again! Again! Again!

Something similar happened to me a while ago. All I wanted to do was go into the bathroom there in Adventureland. They were directing traffic down to the River's edge and back up into AL. Really lame. I told the CM, and she was a lead, that I just needed to go to the bathroom. It's 10 feet in front of me. She said, and very rudely I might add, that if I had to go that bad, I had to go across Main St. and go to the ones behind Plaza Inn. I was a little put off and irritated that she was so rude. If she had said it nicely, I would have just said, "OK" and been off. But instead, I made her realize how inconsiderate she was being and made a teeny fuss about it. So, I went to Plaza Inn and then we left because we had encountered other rude people en route to the bathroom even. I guess they all get stressed out during these times at the park. I can kinda understand, most of the people don't care about rules and the CMs probably just get frustrated. But they need to happy up a bit!!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydad
    Looks like my thread title made everyone take a look. I agree that firing Matt is pushing it. In the end, he is in charge and this is a serious issue.

I would like to know what kindergarten the person in charge of crowd control for their degree from. At some point, there is someone who is THE person in charge of crowd control.

My wife and I have been there on New Year's eves in the past when the back areas of Main street were opened up to allow people to move. Maybe this should be standard practice at this point in time. There are seious saftey issues at the park. Someone needs to take notice and find a way to correct them.
    And you got your degree in crowd control/flow from MIT? oh wait Harvard thats right? No it was Berkly huh? Ease up-

I said it once- You choose to be there- you choose not to be at the fireworks with the majority of the crowd and you choose to try to move. Blame everyone else but yourself and it will make things so much easier.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

From IASW?.....Next time take the TRAIN!

If you are not there to see Fantasmic or the Fireworks at that hour, i would try to circle around it on a sure thing, a detour through the Grand Canyon, is better than being marched around like idots on parade.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

If I remember correctly, Matt didn't even start the initial planning of the fireworks-that was before his time. I believe he just got handed with the plans and he had to go with it.

• Guilty!

Like everyone else has said, guest control has been greatly studied. They even try new things every night. The only thing that WORKS is having one-way traffic through Adventureland and Frontierland.

Think about if the park was a free-for-all with no guest control at all after Fantasmic! ends. EVERYONE is going to want to be in the hub for the fireworks show and F! sections A and B are going to flood through Frontierland and Big Thunder Trail and sections C and D are going to go over the Pirates bridge and flood through Adventureland. Now imagine you're on the Eastside and you have a FastPass for Splash Mountain during this time and you want to use it. Do you really think you're going to get over to Splash Mountain before the fireworks start?

My point is, stop being so selfish when it comes to getting around the park. Guest control may seem like an inconvienience to you, but in fact it's HELPING the other 50,000 guests traveling through Disneyland Park.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Matt inherited 50th plans for the firworks, parade. etc. When he came on board, everything had to be modified within a small window of time. He did a damn good job all things considered. With this in mind, You can't blame him for crowd control issues. He will eliminate these problrms in due couse.

If you fire Matt, I'll hire him back.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-08-2005 at 10:20 AM.

• Banned User

Doesn't sound like a problem to me. Then again I've been dealing with those crowds to see fireworks 1-2 times a week now and I'm used to it. The crowds are insane, it will take a while to get anywhere, but that's Disneyland ain't it?

Ever tried to watch the fireworks in the main hub? That's my big escapade every week, that sure gets interesting.

• At the Gym or at DL

First of all your thread title is a little overly sensational, maybe I should start a thread titled "Eisner should tear down Disneyland", that would surely get some attention.

I don't want to start another round of AP bashing (I'm one myself of course) and I assume that the OP has APs. Was the AP program originally designed so that the holder can just pop in and out anytime at will like the park is your local shopping mall? Or was the real purpose of the AP program something to provide financial incentive to those who like to visit the park several times a year?

Again, not trying to start the AP right or wrong thing but some of these APers have gotten a little spoiled. DL was designed to be an all day experience and dealing with crowds was a part of it.

Bottom line, if you think you can just pop in and out for a few hours during the evening this summer with all that's going on, you should probably think again.
    Last edited by GymMouse; 07-08-2005 at 10:25 AM.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GymMouse
    I don't want to another round of AP bashing...
    I know a way to stop the bashing...
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GymMouse
    Bottom line, if you think you can just pop in and out for a few hours during the evening this summer with all that's going on, you should probably think again.
    You make it sound like that's a criminal offense.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR
    You make it sound like that's a criminal offense.
    It's a criminal offense to complain about it afterward, knowing what you know going in.

Yes, I'm exaggerating.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Defeats the Huns

Due to the overwhelming popularity of the fireworks and the problems with crowd control, they are not TRAINING for that position. Meaning they will now have communication among the different areas.

The walkways will still be the same, meaning you will still have to walk through the hub to Frontierland, then walk through the little shortcut right at the entrance of the store to the bathrooms of Adventureland, and then back out on to Main Street. It's a one way traffic circle. Believe it or not, that's all for the guests' SAFETY.

As a close friend with the Guest Control CMs, I personally think they're all doing an amazing job at keeping hte crowds moving. My hat goes off to those working in the Hub, especially, because they need to keep that walkway completely clear for the fire marshall and there are sooo many stubborn guests who like to plant themselves right there.

So I say: "GO GUEST CONTROL! YOU'RE AWESOME!"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast