Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Puppy Cuddles

Re: Fire Matt Ouimet!

As everyone else has said, you have to expect crowds around the hub starting around 8. And also, as everyone said, the train is a great alternative, and if I understand your writing correctly, so is the Monorail. I love doing that because the trams are usually a mad house and the parking structure is so much closer a walk from the DTD stop. Sorry you didn't have a great experience, but it's Disneyland in the summer.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• At the Gym or at DL

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR
    You make it sound like that's a criminal offense.

Whatever pal, it's just a little naive to think that you can drop in, ride one ride on the other end of the park and drop right out during what will probably turn out to be one of the busiest summers in DL history.

• Minion

I think that regardless of what situation is going on, you SHOULD NOT disobey a CM. They're looking out for your best interest despite how much it may inconvience you...

What if everyone decided to not follow the rules? Then you'd have mass chaos! Disneyland has a small amount of space. That's a given. In the summer, there are going to be a lot of crowds. When it's time for fireworks, most of the crowds will be watching the fireworks...

I don't know, I don't really have any sympathy for you regarding this matter. If you would show a little patience, everything would have been easier. In fact, if MOST guests showed a little patience, Disneyland would be a lot better...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GymMouse
    Whatever pal, it's just a little naive to think that you can drop in, ride one ride on the other end of the park and drop right out during what will probably turn out to be one of the busiest summers in DL history.
    That's why we pay a large sum of money for AP's- the privilege to come when and for how long it is convenient. It's not naive. Would you rather we stay all day and clog up the paths more?

• șoș Tom șoș

That's why we pay a large sum of money for AP's- the privilege to come when and for how long it is convenient. It's not naive. Would you rather we stay all day and clog up the paths more?
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Don't speak for the AP's please. APs should know better than to expect to travel from IASW to Main St at 8:45 night-------- you get no sympathy for that one. No you are right its NOT naive- naive implies you didn't know any better, no its ridiculous or stupid- you know its gonna be crowded but you try anyways? Isn't that the definition of insanity?

• At the Gym or at DL

Yes I see so Disney should limit the number of cheap, $56 one day admissions to people who drove 500 miles for their first visit in 5 years so that APers who paid "a large sum of money" for their APs can get in and out of the park eaiser.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm done with this little pissing match but here is the reality. If you go to DL this summer during the evening, it's going to be very crowded, crowd control and flow measures will be in place and you probably won't have as easy of a time getting around or out as you would like. Deal with it.

• Minion

Most AP's know that you don't go to Disneyland during the summer, at least not all day or around Fireworks time...

• white and nerdy

seems to me that someone should be fired for making your group so grumpy about having to walk a bit longer than usual... Did Matt do that? no. who did it then....

I don't suppose people can take responsibliity for their OWN happiness can they?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Question for CM's: You can use discretion, right? If a kid has to pee and won't make it across the mass of humanity to next bathroom, you're going to let him walk across into adventureland, right? Or if he's heaving his guts out and trying to get to a bathroom? Right?...

I was there a week ago Friday and took two small kids at 8:40 pm from TMR, which had broken down yet again, to the autopia! We made it in about 15 minutes after saying excuse me alot and walking over 1500 some odd people. After using our fast passes, we left at Autopia at 9:10 pm, SQUASHED ourselves back into the sea of humanity, walked behind the castle, and still got a good spot in front of the Plaza Pavillion at 9:25, just before the fireworks.

We broke two rules on our way:
    1) We walked across from Frontierland into Adventureland while no one was looking
    2) We hopped across a roped off area across from the piano area because we noticed there were no private parties going on. About 25 people followed us after we got good seats for the fireworks.

Here's to the hardworking CM's who have to put up with people like us!

• Basking in birthday love

The train is absolutely the way to go if you want to get around the park during that time. Last time I was there, we planned to get around that way, but our 8:45 fastpasses for Big Thunder put us on the roller coaster during the fireworks (SO COOL) and on Big Thunder Trail during the finale. We managed to cross the widest point of the park to get to SM in about ten minutes simply by avoiding the front of the castle.

But if you're trying to get out of the park at any point between the beginning of the evening parade and the end of the second Fantasmic, just make for the nearest train station. You'll save yourself a lot of grief.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• I found my Prince!

i enjoy popping in for dinner or simply to squash myself in to see Remember, but i'm not stupid- the monorail or the train are wonderful for people trying to pop in and out. and if i choose to be there i deal with the crowds.

this is something we are spoiled with however there are occasions where you just need to deal with it. you have to expect crowds and congestion. sometimes you'll get lucky and not have to deal with it and be thankful for these days. being a AP and complaining about this is ridiculous, you should know better. don't spoil the occasion for the people trying to enjoy the park that might be a rare treat for them.

one of the best things i can say about being a AP is that if i go and its too crowded or i don't get to ride something-i can come back TOMORROW!

I love it.

I appriciate what has been done short term as far as crowd control and look forward to seeing it improved further.

• Defeats the Huns

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Question for CM's: You can use discretion, right? If a kid has to pee and won't make it across the mass of humanity to next bathroom, you're going to let him walk across into adventureland, right? Or if he's heaving his guts out and trying to get to a bathroom? Right?...

I was there a week ago Friday and took two small kids at 8:40 pm from TMR, which had broken down yet again, to the autopia! We made it in about 15 minutes after saying excuse me alot and walking over 1500 some odd people. After using our fast passes, we left at Autopia at 9:10 pm, SQUASHED ourselves back into the sea of humanity, walked behind the castle, and still got a good spot in front of the Plaza Pavillion at 9:25, just before the fireworks.

We broke two rules on our way:
    1) We walked across from Frontierland into Adventureland while no one was looking
    2) We hopped across a roped off area across from the piano area because we noticed there were no private parties going on. About 25 people followed us after we got good seats for the fireworks.

Here's to the hardworking CM's who have to put up with people like us!
    When you say walking from Frontierland across to Adventureland, are you talking about that little short cut path that goes to thebathrooms for Adventureland? Cuz that's exactly the path that you're supposed to take.. so you weren't breaking any rules. When a guest breaks the rules like hopping a rope, the CMs won't hunt you down and make you come back on the other side of the rope. But they will try their best to PREVENT you from doing it.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PixiePrincess
    one of the best things i can say about being a AP is that if i go and its too crowded or i don't get to ride something-i can come back TOMORROW!
    You mean, one of the best things about being an AP is NOT that you can create a thread entitled, "Fire CM Matt" on a Disney fan chat board?
    Are you sure? Just checking.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Hooterville, USA

I don't think it's a huge sum of money, but that's just me.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• e komo mai

I'm in the pro-Ouimet camp at this moment in time. I think the park looks great and that Tomorrowland is slowly improving. Firing him because of crowds is kinda off the mark in my opinion. A complaint filed at City Hall should have been in order here. It indeed sounded like a mess.

I understand being upset about the crowds, but maybe this thread title should have been rethought?

Just my 2 cents.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast