Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

The New Bride Effect

I will most likely take some backlash for this but I have to say it.

I hate the "new" bride! I love the majority of the pieces in the attic. The portraits add tremendously to the storyline, they really should have done that sooner... and it was so subtle. I wish they would ditch the popup... that or have a target on it so you score points for punching it like some carnival game. Piano needs to be turned down... it's a piano being played badly, not a rock concert performed badly! Now to this bride. IMO it looks fake... and badly done at that. The old bride reminded me more of a mannequin that came to life because of a cursed dress. As a kid that beating heart, while cheesy, scared the crap out of me. And the "eyes"... shivers even now thinking about it. All they needed to add was another mannequin with a suit that "fell over" and didn't have a head (one of the classic turn of the century headless ones) and call it a day. Sorry had to say it... I hate it, moving on.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Re: The New Bride Effect

I think the HM additions (including the bride) are great!
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• Minion

Well, its not really "new" any more...but....i hate it as well

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post

I hate the "new" bride! I love the majority of the pieces in the attic. The portraits add tremendously to the storyline, they really should have done that sooner... and it was so subtle. I wish they would ditch the popup... that or have a target on it so you score points for punching it like some carnival game. Piano needs to be turned down... it's a piano being played badly, not a rock concert performed badly! Now to this bride. IMO it looks fake... and badly done at that. The old bride reminded me more of a mannequin that came to life because of a cursed dress. As a kid that beating heart, while cheesy, scared the crap out of me. And the "eyes"... shivers even now thinking about it. All they needed to add was another mannequin with a suit that "fell over" and didn't have a head (one of the classic turn of the century headless ones) and call it a day. Sorry had to say it... I hate it, moving on.
    Umm...

The piano is not being played badly. It is the Wedding March played in a minor key. It may be a bit too loud but it is not too loud for a piano. And the bride reminds me of my ex just a bit too much!

the bride is almost too advanced....

it doesnt go well with all the classic effects
    5 days a week

• I am number 4 of 999

The old bride reminded me more of a mannequin that came to life because of a cursed dress.
    This is SUCH a great interpretation!!!! As for the new bride... I can take her, or leave her, but she really should be a more traditional projection. I don't like the actress' weird face movements, either.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I love love love the attic. The bride I think is an upgrade but all of the other things are an a+

Chad

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I like that creepy bride! I hated the mannequin and just never understood why the sheet over the dummy when the rest of the attraction is filled with all kinds of state-of-the-art (for it's time) AA figures? I think the ax effect is cool, the bride herself looks like a complete psycho, and her flowing gown makes her really look ghostly. I think the update is very well done.

• =)

Constance doesn't bother me as much as I thought she might, but she's ruined by the fact that she uses projection effect for her arm. It looks very two-dimensional, whereas projected faces usually work pretty well because the images are being projected onto the correct geometry. She's also too far from the track, IMO. The old brides were both positioned closer to the track, making her more ominous.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Umm...

The piano is not being played badly. It is the Wedding March played in a minor key. It may be a bit too loud but it is not too loud for a piano. And the bride reminds me of my ex just a bit too much!
    To be technical it is played in a lower key and slower to sound more menacing. IMO it sounds more like an Elephant sitting on the piano then a ghost playing it! I like the whole wedding march but it just seems so loud. I actually thought one of the old record players playing it would have been a better effect (like at the old Swiss or the new Tarzan)
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

YOUR OPINION IS WRONG , lulz , just kidding

My Maleficent tattoo

• Digging to Earth's center

The projection for the bride is messed up. Whenever my doom buggy gets closer to her, the more cross-eyed she looks, and the more flat I can see she is. Yup, too far away from the track, and if she was faced TOWARD us, not at the entrance to the graveyard, where the mannequin used to be, she'd have us all completely fooled that she's 3D, and not just a projection IMO. I think she could get an upgrade, but bravo Disney for making an awesome attic and a new storyline to the HM!! I never knew the story was like that (seriously, I used to think somebody commited suicide, hence the hanging corpse in the stretch room, and became the 999th ghost, so all these ghosts live in the mansion, and you become the 1000th ghost in the end each time, just like it's always Rex's first flight)
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I used to hate Constance, like to the point of fake-crying loudly about missing the old bride when we went by her, but I get excited when I see her now. I like the 'newness' of her. The effect is still really bad, but it's more tolerable than it once was. They should just project it on a sheet of tulle to make her look ghostly transparent and not earthly....
    dreams. come. true.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

The New Bride is cool!! The new attic is suppose to have a storyline now.

• A Disneylandian

Does anyone know her complete spiel? I don't think I've ever heard it all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast