Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Question Has Security Increased since the London Attacks?

First off, My Thoughts and prayers are with those suffering any trauma or loss in London after a horrible and dispicable attack. Why the Human Race must treat eachother like this has always been beyond me.

Has anyone noticed any increased security at the Resort since the morning of 7-7? And if so, how are people reacting?
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Has Security Increased since the London Attacks?

My guess is they'll use that as some sort of "excuse" to make lining up on the 17th difficult.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Well Disneyland being one of 2 of the most HIGH Risk sites for an attack in the western U.S. (The Other being the Golden Gate Bridge) I hope whatever they do, is #1, Successful in protecting the Resort, and #2, not too inconvieniant for all....

• Gay Man

Security was wearing the "Orange Vests" in DTD last night.

• insufferable know-it-all

My guess is they'd succeed at neither.

Bag checks aren't going to stop someone who really wants to do it, and they can't strip search every guest who comes in. And since they can hardly STOP doing bag checks right now, they get to continue to inconvenience and piss off guests for something that doesn't actually do any good.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Disney fans for life!

I'd hate to think about DL being on the list again, especially with the 17th coming up. Hopefully terrorists don't pay much attention to that, but with all of the publicity over the 50th, it would be hard for them to not know about it.

We were at the DL Resort for a week in early October '01 just after 9-11 (pre-planned trip). It was creepy quiet throughout the Park. We tried to have a good time anyway, but the overall "feeling" just wasn't there. If it wasn't for the kids, we would have not even gone, but they (and us) were looking forward to it. We did what we could to keep it enjoyable for them. It was certainly our most "sedate" trip.

Our hearts go out to all affected by the recent (and past) attacks.

• That's Hawt

I think I knew that the US was in serious trouble on 9-11 when Disneyland closed and they showed pictures of all of the people leaving. THAT was scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• white and nerdy

I was there yesterday... they were very carefully checking every bag and purse and even big wallets. There was also a couple of K-9 units walking around. There was also tons and tons of security guards walking all over the parks.

To Morrigoon: While wating to get in the bag check (wait time about five min.) two people had glass bottles taken away, and one guy had a large knife taken away. In spite of that, the purpose of extra securtiy, bag checks is NOT to try and keep terrorists out of the park. It's to create an atmosphere that is not at all condusive to terrorism. Also from the conversations I heard around me, no one felt irritated or put off, they all were talking about how it made them feel more safe. While it may feel like a big deal to people who have to wait in line every day, most people understand the purpose of it. PLUS the k9 units and other security devices they have (security cameras for instance) keep the place really safe. Tower of Terror was delayed for a bit because someone left a bag on it. Rather than just throw it in lost and found, they were cautious.. then the lady came back.

LONG STORY SHORT. Extra securty when it's needed is a good thing that makes guests feel safer. disney security is fantastic.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Yeah thats right.

I have always (started going to DL this past October) found the security at Disneyland to be far too weak. I think somebody could be easily strapped with explosives under their shirts/sweaters and they'd be able to get in, they usually just shoosh me through and pay almost no attention because I don't have any bags. I was just there the other day and the line to get through security took about one minute or less, but the line to get in to the actual park once having your ticket took about 5-10 minutes.

There is no reason not to have tighter security as that will throttle the flow to the entrance line and it'll be the same waiting time, just distributed so both lines are the same wait (longer for security, shorter for entry).

• No bacon; sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I think I knew that the US was in serious trouble on 9-11 when Disneyland closed and they showed pictures of all of the people leaving. THAT was scary.
    Gee, for me it was the firey impact of jetliners with hundreds of people o board, and the pile of rubble that used to be 200 stories worth of building and the thousands of lives lost.

Disney has already been in the process of stepping up security for the 17th. People have seen things like increased use of bomb sniffing dogs (probably more training than live threat). Of course, then there's wonderfully comforting quotes like this...

Large amounts of plastic explosives untagged by the chemical markers that enable dogs to detect them are missing from Czech stocks, he added.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8507035/

• CM for 4 years!

They are obviously going to notice someone in July who is wearing a thick and heavy coat, though. Making a suicide bombing in the middle of July a little difficult.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon
    Gee, for me it was the firey impact of jetliners with hundreds of people o board, and the pile of rubble that used to be 200 stories worth of building and the thousands of lives lost.
    I'm not saying that that didn't scare me. But for someone who hasn't seen many horrible tragedies in his life, closing Disneyland, the Happiest Place on Earth, really cemented the reality of the situation into my mind. I hope that I didn't offend anybody by saying that, I am not trying to downplay the tragedy in any way shape or form, all I am saying is that the closing of DL pulled me out of my la la world and put me firmly into reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I'm not saying that that didn't scare me. But for someone who hasn't seen many horrible tragedies in his life, closing Disneyland, the Happiest Place on Earth, really cemented the reality of the situation into my mind. I hope that I didn't offend anybody by saying that, I am not trying to downplay the tragedy in any way shape or form, all I am saying is that the closing of DL pulled me out of my la la world and put me firmly into reality.

Exactly, we here in the USA crossed a bridge on which we can never go back. A turning point of monumental proportions. Like the first Shot of the Revolution, Pearl Harbor, JFK assasination, and now 9/11.

Disneyland opened in a different world the next day.

• Banned User

I might offened someone by saying this, but I think it would have been really interesting to have been in Disneyland when it was closed on the 11th. No one else there except me and some security gaurds with a few CM's here and there. The park would seem SO big if I was the only guest. But I hope I don't offend anyone...

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    LONG STORY SHORT. Extra securty when it's needed is a good thing that makes guests feel safer. disney security is fantastic.
    Or, by showing extra security for the next month, they comfort the guests until they forget about the events in London. Things then go back to normal until the next time.

As for stopping someone who is willing to die to blow something up? Unless DLR security has guns and the bomber is not using a suicide switch, if he wants to he WILL get a bomb to explode. You might as well not worry about it and enjoy your time at Disneyland as there is nothing you can do to stop it from happening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast