Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Disney Vault 28: A questionable new direction for the Disney brand.

It's That Damn Paul Pressler's Fault, I Tell You!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

If they had a "Little Mrs. Jack Daniels" shirt reasonably priced I'd buy it. Jack Daniel's is yummy and for a concert it'd be a great shirt.

I don't like that store because I don't like the prices, it's tacky, and sensory overload... but it's better than the store that shall not be named (that's between the candy shop/Marcelines and Sephora) because it is evil.

• The Dude!!!

Yeah they are trying to be hip and Death by Sexy is the name of an album that came out this year by Eagles of Death Metal I call rip off on that one.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

im tired of the junk they sell at the emporium. I may find a decent top once every 2 years it they haven't put up a bunch of barf on the back of it. I dont mind half of the things in this store. its nice to have something for different tastes. but i wouldn't want it every in disenyland. one store in the corner is fine. but things are to expensive there so it kinda cancels itself out.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Very cheap and chessy looking. Why would anybody want to buy that crap?

They don't even look expensive. They look like cheap t-shirts that you can get at K-Mart. Shame the store has the Disney name in it.

I wish they would just get rid of the store or redo it completely. Disney has never been about "funky," "hip," or "sexy," it has always been about "magic," "timelessness," and "beauty." This store has none of those qualities and that is why it does not do well. That is why people go in there and look at their crap but not actually buy any of it.

(With the closing of the Gallery, Disney seriously needs to hire some people with actual brains.)
    Last edited by Maleficent Fan; 08-25-2007 at 09:02 PM.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• Minion

I say close Disney Vault 28 down or give it a major overhaul. I went in this store for 2 minutes and when I noticed how little the store had to do with Disney I left. Anyway, some of those shirts are completely unaceptable to be sold at a place with the Disney name.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent Fan View Post
    I wish they would just get rid of the store or redo it completely. Disney has never been about "funky," "hip," or "sexy," it has always been about "magic," "timelessness," and "beauty." This store has none of those qualities and that is why it does not do well.
    To be fair, the store DOES offer some nicely-designed Disney-themed offerings, but its all for the females. Why don't the guys get anything cool?

I completely support this store as long as it offers merchandise like the pieces pictured above. What I, as a stockholder and long-time Disney fan am worried about, is the questionable non-Disney merchandise being offered that is bearing a Disney-labeled price tag, in the Disney-branded store.

People should NOT be associating the Disney name with merchandise promoting such things as alcohol consumption, one-night-stands, etc. And unfortunately, that is what Disney Vault 28 has begun doing over the past year of its existance, and at an alarming rate.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Animatronic

I have no problem with the clothing.

Given how smart and well educated people are these days, I seriously doubt clothing could promote becoming a drunk having one night stands any more than the clothing sold in the park could promote becoming a pirate or an oversized mouse.

• Minion

they actually do have clothes for guys they had like 2 shirts when i went im almost positive

Yeah, I can't say as I really can blame Disney for trying to sell products to someone other than the Disney Princess and Playhouse Disney crowd ... although, those shirts are distressingly tacky.

I think I'd be a lot more bothered if they were actually using Disney characters on a shirt about booze, but they aren't. Yet. And so far, these shirts are limited in that they are only being sold in an outlet everybody knows is 'edgier', not just in all shops in the park. The mainstream merch is, to my knowledge, usually quite tame.

Also, I would wear a Death by Sexy shirt if people wouldn't laugh at me. Hurts my feelings.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    they actually do have clothes for guys they had like 2 shirts when i went im almost positive
    They have a guys section, sure. But I don't think any of it is Disney-related. And the only things available that isn't crap are a couple of Star Wars shirts. Everything else is over-priced and has absolutely nothing to do with Disney.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• 1stOfficial Rider on Nemo

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    They have a guys section, sure. But I don't think any of it is Disney-related. And the only things available that isn't crap are a couple of Star Wars shirts. Everything else is over-priced and has absolutely nothing to do with Disney.
    I bought a guy's shirt that had an angry Mickey on it and some Japanese writing on it. I think there is a little bit of overeaction about the stuff in there. You all do realize that Disney sells Tequila and Mai Tais in several locations throughout the resort. Someone should inform them that those liquids promote drunkeness and one night stands.
    I was in the Magic Kingdom, now I'm in the Carribbean.
    You get something really wicked, when you spend an E-Ticket!

~The Vandals "Pirates Life"

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

I must have been gone longer than I thought...

In May, for my birthday, I bought a shirt from there. Due to the lack of Alice shirts, I went there as a last resort. It's thin material, but REALLY soft, and it's comfortable. And cute. And not at all tacky. Actually, they had quite a bit of Disney stuff in there that wasn't disrespectful.

But I do agree that they shouldn't sell shirts like that (I'll Call, I promise, etc) in any store that has to do with Disney... I mean, it's DISNEY. If I saw that in there, I'd be kinda shocked and would probably brush it off... but still. Disney always meant safe, for me. Safe as in no sex or alcohol or anything... I dunno. Maybe it's my memories.

But I'm not buying it... so...

It's the Lindsay Lohan effect. Disney has changed its brand to appeal to pre-pubescent girls who grow up to be cocaine addicts, drunk drivers, and all-around skanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    It's the Lindsay Lohan effect. Disney has changed its brand to appeal to pre-pubescent girls who grow up to be cocaine addicts, drunk drivers, and all-around skanks.
    Well, that's not particularly helpful, is it?

One can disapprove, but can't honestly resent Disney for wanting to appeal to the people in that tricky area between being children and having children. And they AREN'T making this part of their mainstream brand, it's pretty restricted. Since you can buy alcohol from certain Disney establishments, it doesn't seem any worse that you can buy t-shirts about alcohol from others. Of course, that doesn't mean that either is an appealing prospect, but it makes sense from a business perspective.

Disney has film labels that release non-kid-friendly films, too. It's just the reality. So this problem of Disney having two faces goes a lot further than Vault 28 t-shirts.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast