Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Social Imagineer

Re: Fill the Carrousel on Disneyland's Birthday!

k, here's the deal with suggestions for the carrousel ride at other times .... thanks for the suggestions, but -um - no. Respectfully.

We are busy in the morning. In fact, if there's a 10 am ceremony of some sort, our gang is going to miss it. I felt that the noon meet of every freaking Disneyland fan in the world (hooray!) will provide the best chance of gathering 70 people to ride the Caroussel (by the way, is it two R's or two S's in the non-merry-go-round word?).

So, really, at 12:30 or thereabouts, we will be gathering all volunteers for this funtastical adventure, and heading off for Fantasyland before 1:00 p.m. I'm really sorry if the timing of this doesn't work for this person or that, but we can't possibly work to the benefit of everybody's schedule on this frantic day. We are working here with Not Afraid's schedule of Attraction Quest in the morning, and Blue Bayou late lunch.

Our appreciation, thanks, and share-the-fun for everyone who can and will participate. Our regrets to all others. But there will be so much fun on July 17th, that I trust anyone who must miss the Caroussel takeover will have plenty of joy otherwise on their plates.

• mannequins man

I'll join in. I love the idea of participating in - "How many in your party - 70!" though I guess in this case 50 would be a significant number too.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    k, here's the deal with suggestions for the carrousel ride at other times .... thanks for the suggestions, but -um - no. Respectfully.
    There is always the option of having a second time for those who are unable to make the one that has been scheduled for a while now. Maybe in the evening after dinner but before fireworks?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Gay Man

Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    k, here's the deal with suggestions for the carrousel ride at other times .... thanks for the suggestions, but -um - no. Respectfully

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

So what you are saying is that if MiceChatters want to do this at a later time , as a supplemental attempt, without changing the time of the orignial one that has been planned for a while now, they are not allowed to do it?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

NO GOATS!

• off in lala land

It has always been a deluded dream of our dear Not Afraid to completely fill the King Arthur Caroussel

Sounds like MC'ers can set up a second time if they so chose to do so...
    ...it's been a long time.

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    So what you are saying is that if MiceChatters want to do this at a later time , as a supplemental attempt, without changing the time of the orignial one that has been planned for a while now, they are not allowed to do it?

We have an event planned. If you can be there, great. It has been MY dream of doing this for quite some time. ISM has been wonderful enough to plan an event to see my dream come into into a reality.

I'm not going to "prevent" or "disallow" anyone from riding the carrousel. But, this event is as stands.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey
    Sounds like MC'ers can set up a second time if they so chose to do so...
    I can do a later ride, after our Blue Bayou meal.....anyone care to set a time?

Not that I'll be there.....I'm unreliable like that. Sorry!!

• Gay Man

I just adore the power struggle going on here.

This weekend should be a BLAST filled with fake smiles, 100 year old hatreds and soap opera drama. Can't wait!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

My suggestion was an attempt to be inclusive with respect to the people who are interested in doing the carousel idea but will not be able to make it to the earlier time.

NO GOATS!

• For old time sake

So, really, at 12:30 or thereabouts, we will be gathering all volunteers for this funtastical adventure, and heading off for Fantasyland before 1:00 p.m. I'm really sorry if the timing of this doesn't work for this person or that, but we can't possibly work to the benefit of everybody's schedule on this frantic day. We are working here with Not Afraid's schedule of Attraction Quest in the morning, and Blue Bayou late lunch.

Our appreciation, thanks, and share-the-fun for everyone who can and will participate. Our regrets to all others. But there will be so much fun on July 17th, that I trust anyone who must miss the Caroussel takeover will have plenty of joy otherwise on their plates.
    I can be there at 12:30, just not 12....... I doubt it will takle my group more than 45 mins to eat. Especially if we know we need to help out a fellow Micechatter and her dream of a full caroussel
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Basking in birthday love

I'll be there with six other riders, as plans currently stand.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Social Imagineer

And we probably won't be leaving the Hub for Fantasyland till about quarter to 1, or as late as 10 minutes of. Later than that, just come and meet us at the Caroussel ... it will probably take a while to arrange a ride for 70!

As for the suggestion that there be a later Caroussel ride for those who can't make the "first" one ... well, while there is nothing to prevent such a thing ... I frankly feel (on an emotional level) that such an option would only serve to undercut our attempt to gather 70 people (a lot of folks!) for a 1pm ride.

Let's please leave this as a one-time-only event, so that the rarity of it will encourage people to make it to the event that we are trying really hard to muster 70 people for.

And, by all means, feel free to come up with some other fun ride event if you so desire. Filling all Small World boats simultaneously seems a lofty goal. Perhaps filling a StarSpeeder is more manageable, and also quite fun. All Dumbos flying with friends also springs to mind. Get my drift?

I'm not trying to be mean, but part of the appeal of this -- and the appeal that will help us muster the required 70 folks - is its uniqueness as a one-time-only, Not Afraid benefit event.

Thank you.

• For old time sake

ISM, I think it is great that you are doing this and I think that because of the uniqueness of it all we want so badly to be a part of it. Personally I read it as, meet at the hub at noon and immediatley (like 12:05) go over to the caroussel. I felt sad because I knew the people in my party would want to do this, so if I caused problems with trying to get the time changed I apologize. I did ask, Lisa said it would be tight, I left it at that. I am pretty sure I can speak for my entire party in saying that you can count the seven of us in....we have phone numbers so that if we are running a little late (closer to 1) we know who to call
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat
    I did ask, Lisa said it would be tight
    OH! You were talking about the carrousel?

Sorry, there was a whole slew of naughty things I was tempted to say.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast