Are the parades trimmed somedays?

I was just wondering this because I saw a full video of block party bash and it seemed like it has less performers, the incredibles didnt come out of the tweener float and there was no red block party intro trampoline at the beginning. do they sometimes trim they parades if it looks like the park isnt busy.

Re: Are the parades trimmed somedays?

I do not know what they do in Anaheim, but I can tell you that in paris they cut out stuff during days of low attendance.

Parades just do not do any show stop and some floats just run through and of course there are less dancers.

I guess it is the same for all the parks!!!

I also know that City Hall needs to report how many dancers were in the parade to Jay Rasulo - I guess that they have a kind of agreement like you can cut up to 30%

• Defeats the Huns

I believe it was just that day. It may have been a problem with performers calling in sick on that day. When too many people call in, they don't have enough stand bys or sub performers to fill all the spots so the choreographers have to decide on which parts to leave out.

i'm pretty sure they won't cut parts for a low attendance day because that would mean denying the performers their pay for that day.

okay cause also the intro dancers werent really doing their routine. the were just clapping. they werent doing that "heave ho" thing they normally do.

• Lost in Wonderland

Disneyland and DCA would never cut or trim a parade due to low attendance. The only reason a show stop or parade float/push unit would get cut is if they're having technical difficulties (things do break or malfunction from time to time, sometimes right before the parade steps off, or as the parade is in progress). Things like this have happened before, but it happens very rarely.

Occasionally they may be short a few performers, but they're good at shuffling them around to make sure the important roles are filled. The cast is great at making sure the "show" goes on, with minimal impact to the guests.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCADude
    I was just wondering this because I saw a full video of block party bash and it seemed like it has less performers, the incredibles didnt come out of the tweener float and there was no red block party intro trampoline at the beginning. do they sometimes trim they parades if it looks like the park isnt busy.

the same thing happened when i saw BPB a couple of weeks ago. no incredibles, etc
    <o>

this video was taped on june 3rd. was that the day you went?

• dreams do come true

No the only reason to cut performers is not enough to perform( call ins or no shows). They do how ever cut dancing do to heat. They may even cut a show stop or to if it gets realy hot. But first to go is the dancing.

• Lost in Wonderland

Although it's not winter yet, if it starts raining during a parade, they may cut the last show stop(s) and/or speed up the parade.

man that sucks, will this be for both parades then?

• done

Quote Originally Posted by DCADude
    Was this on a really hot day? If it's very warm out, they would lessen some of the movements, and it might not be safe for the Incredibles to be stashed away during that time. I know that for Disneyland parades, some changes are done when it's over 90 degrees and more changes are made when it's even hotter than that.

ummm...Im not sure because I wasnt there but it looked really sunny.