Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Re: Has anything ever fallen off a float?

I have never seen a fall, but I witnessed a "wardrobe malfunction" once, during Electrical Parade a few years back. I guess a prince had stepped on the dress of one of the Cinderella ball dancers, and she ever so gracefully danced over to the side, arms still out, huge smile, and did a little turn as a CM ripped off the bottom ruffle of her dress. It was kinda creepy how she held character so well.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Shubisha

The sword jugglers dropped their swords a lot during the Aladdin parade. Then picked it up and growled in some little kid's face for making fun of him.

• Functional & Decorative

I know I once lost my grip on a prop during some arm-swinging choreography, and accidentally threw it into the audience. It was not good. (No one got hurt... by some miracle, it just barely missed hitting anyone. And it was a heavy prop--pictured in my avatar--that could've done some damage. Imagine seeing that thing hurtling towards your head... )
    Last edited by JesterMn; 08-04-2005 at 06:53 AM.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

LOL This stuff is so funny the clsest I've seen is a canoe worker falling into the River when a ran to launch one of the canoes.
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by woody
    In one of the Christmas Fantasy Parades I saw Ariel's top(seashells) fall off.

An aptly titled parade if ever there was one.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• That Guy

^ Bah dum dum, Cha!

Thank you, thank you, Giant Panda will be here all week folks!!!!

• See Ya Real Soon!

A couple years ago a bunch of the flower things they put over the lights on the EP fell off.

Last week, Blue Fairy stepped on her golden ribbon during the 2nd show stop of Parade of Dreams and broke it. She finished the show by just waving the ribbon without the rod. Not sure what she did for the the last stop...

Cinderellla caught her dress on the castle float in one of the performances I've seen, but quickly got herself untangled.

No matter what though, the performers do a great job of making quick adjustments and continue the show.
    Last edited by huskyfan09; 08-05-2005 at 04:02 AM.

Slightly off topic, but one classic memory I have was when doing Rafiki in the Lion King Celebration - we were just pulling up to the show stop near Matterhorn and Alice in Wonderland, when a little Asian girl ran up to the float (per her mother's request - OY) to get a picture with Rafiki - well, we weren't into show mode yet so the loud "Just Can't Wait to be King" music was still going, and I was still swinging my arms wildly with the music, and with my head facing straight ahead, could not see small children directly under me - so I inadvertently whacked her head HARD and had no idea until afterward when I saw her limping back to her seat
    After the parade, the lead that was closest to me said it was a really hard hit and could have knocked her unconscious! Bet she's never set foot on a parade float since.

• me.

I've never seen anyone fall off... but in Fantasmic! there must have been some sort of mix up because Snow Whites prince wasn't there. Snow White was just dancing all alone it was so sad.

^^^Maybe they had a bad fight.

Okay, here goes.

On America's Funniest Home Videos, I saw a clip from the Christmas Parade that featured Mickey Mouse falling off the Ice Pond with Ice Skates on. It was weird because while I knew what I was seeing was bad, Mickey seemed to enjoy the fall as he had a happy face on.

And...

This one occured while I was watching the Saturday version of the Very Merry Christmas Parade in the late 80s. I was sitting near the middle of Main Street watching the parade as it began to pass by. The sky was threatening rain all day and it never did. While I watched, the sky opened up and a very heavy rain shower pounded the parade big time. There was a crack of thunder and then.....I saw dancers, toy soldiers, fantasia hippos, skating snowflakes, and all kinds of characters fleeing into Main Street Shops, soaked Characters running around, looking for escape exits, and abandoned floats racing by. Captain Hook and his crew apparently lacked squall experience and abandoned ship. Mickey and Minnie were long gone by the time their ice-pond float zoomed by. Even Santa didn't like the rain and his sleigh was empty. I was experiencing unstoppable laughter as each empty float passed by, accompanying music included. I saw that many of the soaked guests were laughing too.
    Last edited by Triton; 08-07-2005 at 02:04 PM.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Triton
    This one occured while I was watching the Saturday version of the Very Merry Christmas Parade in the late 80s. I was sitting near the middle of Main Street watching the parade as it began to pass by. The sky was threatening rain all day and it never did. While I watched, the sky opened up and a very heavy rain shower pounded the parade big time. There was a crack of thunder and then.....I saw dancers, toy soldiers, fantasia hippos, skating snowflakes, and all kinds of characters fleeing into Main Street Shops, soaked Characters running around, looking for escape exits, and abandoned floats racing by. Captain Hook and his crew apparently lacked squall experience and abandoned ship. Mickey and Minnie were long gone by the time their ice-pond float zoomed by. Even Santa didn't like the rain and his sleigh was empty. I was experiencing unstoppable laughter as each empty float passed by, accompanying music included. I saw that many of the soaked guests were laughing too.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12