Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Producer Extraordinaire

Re: Why does California Adventure have shorter hours than Disneyland?

a better question:

why does DCA have blackout dates? the majority of my summer was blacked out and i kept wondering why i couldn't just go to DCA during the blackout period, because i highly doubt they were entertaining capacity crowds.

it was so bad that i went to knott's during the blackout for the "half off after 4pm" deal. while i did hit every single attraction with a 0-10 minute wait time, the vast majority of knott's employees are just awful. i got the impression that they were cussing me out in their heads everytime i looked at them. when you walk up to a food or merchandise counter, most of the time they don't even say "hi" much less "thanks" or "have a nice day." i call shenanigans on that whole park.

ps. to any CM reading this, i love, appreciate and respect you - unless you're the girl from the dole whip stand who 'jokingly' lied about the machine being broken on wednesday, then called me a loser when i fell for your lame joke. you need to go get a job at knott's where you'd fit in.

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

Ok, I get the whole "operating hours determined by financial sucess" thing. But I have to ask, why then is DCA open an hour longer in the off season. In the late winter/early spring DCA closes at 10 on the weekends and in the summer it closes at 9 with the same opening time. What am I missing?

• Minion

The hours are the same length; there's just fewer of them.

The latitudes are really not different enough for there to be a significant relativistic effect related to earth's rotation

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    As an active participant in the great American Free Enterprise system, Disney management prices admission to DCA at a cost they feel the market can bear. There is nothing stopping them from charging 15 dollars to get into DCA, nor is there really anything stopping them from charging 85 dollars to get into Disneyland.

I've never been a big fan of DCA, but in a free capitalist society a business prices its product at what it feels the marketplace can accomodate. If DCA's current pricing strategy seems unfair or unworthy to you, then don't use the product at that price. Find a similar entertainment experience from another business that offers a price you feel is fair instead. That is the consumers role in the American Free Enterprise system.
    You are entirely correct. However, one can't help but wonder if they charged a little less for tickets, say $20 less or so, would they see a jump in single-park attendance for DCA? I'd say they would get people coming specifically to go to DCA when they would not have otherwise gone to Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by dpdilla View Post
    a better question:

why does DCA have blackout dates? the majority of my summer was blacked out and i kept wondering why i couldn't just go to DCA during the blackout period, because i highly doubt they were entertaining capacity crowds.
    No, but for the most part DCA was rather packed during the summer. Mostly APs, I'm guessing, but still. The blackout dates exist for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dpdilla View Post
    it was so bad that i went to knott's during the blackout for the "half off after 4pm" deal. while i did hit every single attraction with a 0-10 minute wait time, the vast majority of knott's employees are just awful. i got the impression that they were cussing me out in their heads everytime i looked at them. when you walk up to a food or merchandise counter, most of the time they don't even say "hi" much less "thanks" or "have a nice day." i call shenanigans on that whole park.

ps. to any CM reading this, i love, appreciate and respect you - unless you're the girl from the dole whip stand who 'jokingly' lied about the machine being broken on wednesday, then called me a loser when i fell for your lame joke. you need to go get a job at knott's where you'd fit in.
    A DL CM actually called you a LOSER? Did you report them to City Hall?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pyttius View Post
    Ok, I get the whole "operating hours determined by financial sucess" thing. But I have to ask, why then is DCA open an hour longer in the off season. In the late winter/early spring DCA closes at 10 on the weekends and in the summer it closes at 9 with the same opening time. What am I missing?
    My guess is going to be the demographics of the visitors. In the summer there are probably more out of town visitors. By closing at 9:00 PM it is probably hoped that these guests will go out to Downtown Disney. It may also be a psychological effect of making the park seem like it has more to offer than it currently does.

• Producer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    A DL CM actually called you a LOSER? Did you report them to City Hall?
    i did not report her to city call. i probably should have. she kinda chuckled when she said it, but it really felt like she meant it and chuckled to disguise it her cathartic intentions.

her co-worker gave her a look when she said it.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    No one really buys an actual ticket to DCA for the day. That only happens at Disneyland. And current Disney management knows that. Although Cynthia Harriss and Paul Pressler may still be scratching their heads on why it didn't quite work out like they planned, once they get done scratching the other side of their head over why their failed gig at The Gap was even less succesful than their failed gig at Disneyland.
    Not to go into too much detail, and it shouldn't be a surprise, but there was an article in Buisness Weekly several months ago that basically stated that Pressler's failure at the Gap was similar to his failure at Disney. Basically he preferred cost-cutting measures over creativity.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123