Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• :)

Re: An amazing first-time trip to the DLR (8/3/07-8/8/07)

I agree Disneyland is better

• Minion

Re: Part 3

As the show was about to begin, we heard “Ladies and Gentlemen, due to current weather and wind conditions, tonight’s presentation of Remember… Dreams Come True might be cancelled. A final decision has not been made.” Everyone in the crowd was booing and moaning, and I would’ve died if they didn’t show it since every night when we drove by the park the fireworks were going on (and they have to cancel it the day I come). I thought to myself, “They’re going to have a long line of angry guests at City Hall tonight if they don’t show those fireworks, and I’ll be one of them!”
    Just to clarify, I am not sure why you would spend the time in line to complain. It isn't like Disney can control the winds. If the Anaheim Fire Marshal deems it is not safe to run the show, Disney doesn't have a choice. You would be better off filing a complaint with the Fire Marshal.
    One of the crowd control cast members in front of the castle told us that we would have to stand when the show started, which was strange because I was hoping we would sit so everyone could get a good view. By making us stand, I’d get a decent view but what about the 5 year old girl behind me? In Illuminations at Epcot, some areas near the lagoon are sitting only. Anyway, after eagerly waiting for the final announcement, they said “Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight’s presentation of Remember… Dreams Come True will be shown in 5 minutes,” and I was filled with happiness as the crowd around me began to cheer and applaud at the news. The show began as planned, but the flow of people walking in front of the castle right in front of us did not stop. This definitely ruined our view big time by people walking in front of us and stopping to look and take pictures! The crowd control CM’s were doing their best to get everyone moving along, but I think they should really stop the flow of people in front of the castle for the duration of the show. I had been waiting for over an hour in my spot, and my view was obstructed by people walking in front of us.
    That area is standing. The only area that was sitting was closed last year at the Fire Marshal's request. They are required to have the walkways open, it is the only walkway to get to the Frontierland/Adventureland. They have the walkways in an one way direction during the fireworks time.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Wonderful World

Glad you had fun, I bet it had to be cool to finally be at Disneyland after all the WDW trips.
    I'm back MiceChat

• Sock Puppet

Re: Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Just to clarify, I am not sure why you would spend the time in line to complain. It isn't like Disney can control the winds. If the Anaheim Fire Marshal deems it is not safe to run the show, Disney doesn't have a choice. You would be better off filing a complaint with the Fire Marshal.
    That area is standing. The only area that was sitting was closed last year at the Fire Marshal's request. They are required to have the walkways open, it is the only walkway to get to the Frontierland/Adventureland. They have the walkways in an one way direction during the fireworks time.
    I dont think I would've actually stood in line to complain..I was just caught up in the moment thinking that the fireworks had to be cancelled the day I went out to see it (It was showing every other day we were there). I was glad to see that they did show RDCT, and I thought they would stop traffic flow in front of the castle during the show (I had no clue, first time there). Next time, I'll find a spot elsewhere.
    Thanks for the feedback on the TR.

Great report! I always like seeing newcomers impression of DCA, it is usually more reasonable than most of these old fussbudgets.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

what a great trip report, so glad you enjoyed your visit!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

That was a great TR. It is always so interesting to read the impressions of someone who is from WDW. I have only been to WDW once and that was back in 1991. My daughter is making noises of wanting to go back in the Spring of 2009.

Thanks for a well written comparative.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Great Trip report. Refreshing to see a trip report fair & balanced.

Chad

• =)

I'm so glad to hear you had a great time! DLR is truly amazing, I gotta say. I hope you get to return very soon.

• Sock Puppet

*Pictures added to the TR.

Also, I noticed this random Ratatouille parade float pass by on my way to Tomorrowland (there was also an army of dancing spoons...)

I thought it was strange, becuase I dont think they were showing the parade at the time.

This is one of the best TRs I have ever read. Great details...really "placed" me there. As a WDW vet who has now visited DLR four times since 2002, I can remember what it was like to feel so immersed in the history and tradition during my first trip to DLR. Now that I'm starting my career and can plan "regular" vacations, I will be planning annual WDW and DLR trips each year. I agree that the close proximity of off-property hotels, the ease in walking from park to park or to DTD....these all add to the great DLR experience.

Great job!
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Eeyore smiling

I got goose bumps reading your report. I am a native Californian, and I am so glad that you had such a favorable trip to SoCal. We are proud of our original Park, and it is so refreshing to hear all the positive comments, a well as some of your well placed critiques. Again, thank you for such a wonderful trip Report.
    By the way you took some very nice pictures!

Great trip report, glad to hear you and your family enjoyed DLR so much.
    I just got back from WDW a month ago and I will be going to DLR in less than four weeks.
    WDW was Great but I still long to go to DLR.
    Matthew

Great report! Glad you had a good time, thanks for posting!
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• Rrrrreecite!

Cool Re: An amazing first-time trip to the DLR (8/3/07-8/8/07)

very cool TR...I guess I can wait to finally go to WDW. Maybe I'll go when HP opens at IofA. kill two birds with one stone..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast