Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Finding Nemo submarine Voyage to close for the month of October.

Quote Originally Posted by BCC View Post
    I hope the CM is right....or my name is mud.
    Hi Mud. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

I hope that you're right also. It would be nice to get some extra goodies installed onto this ride before I get to experience it for the first time.

Thanks for the possible information.

...Joe...

It's closing in Octoaber so that they can do the holiday overlay. Nemo and crew don santa hats and travel to the North Pole!
    The Mur

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

It's closing to add piranas (ok fine I used spell check and that's what it said) and a sushi bar in the queue.
    DisneyBroad54

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pstanley View Post
    when i was there in august a cast member told my wife and i that is was gonna close after the summer, because they rushed it open and didn't get to finish it the way they wanted... but they had too meet the deadline of June 11th so from what i was told there is still more they need to do not a big major change but more to add?????
    This sounds logical. I know they were pressing pretty darn hard to get that thing running by the target date because of all of the media hype.

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    What he said. ^ But if I get on that thing in November and Nemo, Dory and the others are wearing santa hats and singing carols, I'll pop open the hatch and swim naked back to shore.

Just giving everyone fair warning.
    November huh? :

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine View Post
    I just checked the Disneyland.com calendar and it doesn't say anything about Nemo being closed for a scheduled refurbishment. The only attractions I saw that are getting attention are Casey Jr., Alice, IASW, and Riverbelle.

Curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen View Post
    has anyone checked the Disney website...??

oh yeah , i did... and only IASW , and Alice in wonderland are both down for refurbishment
    Uh yeah Miss Christine beat you to it about 8 or 9 posts ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lightyear999 View Post
    They can always add to the refurb schedule as things come up. We all have seen that many times. It just would not make sense though to shut something down during a still very busy time of year when you are promoting it very heavily.

Disney has been know to error,but they are fairly good at marketing. We will know in a little over a month, but I will put this one with the same rumor that they are imploding the DL Hotel.
    You would think that this close that they would already have it on the schedule, esp. if this is a for sure thing. But one thing you can count on with Disney is that you can't count on Disney....

I was thinking of trying to get on it when I'm down in October. Guess I'll have to wait for the MiceChat 3rd Anniversary in January.....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Done waiting!!

While the timing and source might be a little iffy (no offense), if it is true then kudos to WDI for not settling with what they opened with and adding the rest of the toys they had been planning. Judging by all the problems that arose in the winter and spring leading up to the opening I'm sure some stuff had to be put on the back burner. Despite the Halloweentime promotion October would be the perfect month for a reurb since the crowds rebound in November and December. If WDI had to wait till January at the earliest they may be nervous that the purse strings would be a little tighter. Of course this is all a big If until we hear from either Al or the Mouse.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Animatronic

If it really closes and then reopens with improvements, I can scold them for not delaying the opening, but also applaud them for having the guts to close a popular new attraction to improve it.

Perhaps the Kuka arms were on back order and just came in? One can hope.

• The Tomorrowland One

Ok, from what I understand from TL, the ride it self is not going full down. They will be taking off 2 subs at a time (like most nights now it seems) to fix them. Those things are almost 50 years old, and I guess they didn't get the right refurb for the attraction. So, it will go down to 6 total subs at a time. And I also gathered that the show elements have been put on hold for now...

So down? No, I think not. Reduced capacity? Most likely.

And for how much you guys seem to watch DLR stuff, Im still surprised I never saw anything about what happened to one of the hatches...

• Banned User

I just can't imagine John Lasseter is completly satisfied with this ride despite what he says to the media.

I was very disappointed with the attraction and im sure he is thinking of ways to improve it as well. There are too many blank empty spaces that could be filled with more props and Audio Animatronics and stuff to look at. Bring back the Sea Serpent and some mermaids and more ruins and more sealife. Fix the leaks in the subs and the waterfall and like someone said make the KUKA arm angler fish work to make the ride beter.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Uh yeah Miss Christine beat you to it about 8 or 9 posts ago.
    yeah sorry , no disrespect to the lovely Miss Christine , i must have missed her post

My Maleficent tattoo

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    I just can't imagine John Lasseter is completly satisfied with this ride despite what he says to the media.

I was very disappointed with the attraction and im sure he is thinking of ways to improve it as well. There are too many blank empty spaces that could be filled with more props and Audio Animatronics and stuff to look at. Bring back the Sea Serpent and some mermaids and more ruins and more sealife. Fix the leaks in the subs and the waterfall and like someone said make the KUKA arm angler fish work to make the ride beter.
    you know , i have not ridden it yet , but i don't feel that every empty space needs to be packed with anamatronics and sounds and what not. Both HM and POTC have lots of empty blank spots it gives you a chance to catch your breath i think

My Maleficent tattoo

• Boswain on the Explorer

Nemo is not going down in October.
    It's time for Din Din.

"Happiness is a Low Water Level"

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Ratigan View Post
    Nemo is not going down in October.
    Source?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

if this does happen, it would just figure that it would happen when dustin and i are going to be in so cal for 11 days...

*shakes a fist*
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post

For those that might not know, a KUKA arm is a robotic device used for building cars that has been re purposed and utilized in attraction concepts. Lego Land I believe uses the Kuka robot arm for one of there attractions. As far as the word on the streets go is that Universal has signed a 10 year exclusive deal with Kuka as now being the only theme park operator to use the device on any new attractions. So I do not think we will be seeing that device used in Disney parks for 10 years.
    To see this device in operation there is a video at
    http://themeparks.about.com/od/photo...obocoaster.htm

• In Mouse We trust

I heard from my cousin's brother in law's sister's coworker's auto mechanic whose nanny used to work at Disney...

Oh never mind!

I hope they do add more to the subs, oh and maybe make the story line make sense too, IF they were to shut it down for tinkering.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast