Paradise Pier Concierge and Halloween

We just decided to go to Mickey's Halloween Treat and were able to get concierge rooms at PP for $169. I know this is a good deal, but havingnever done concierge before, what is the best way to maximize this experience? Are there any "secrets" to know before we go?

Also, any opinions on PP? We've never been.

Finally, we have tickets for Mickey's HT but it's our first time and we are wondering what we shouldn't miss there. Thanks in advance for all the help.

• For You!

Re: Paradise Pier Concierge and Halloween

I really like the Paradise Pier - it has a fun relaxed atmosphere. My kids love the big waterslide into the pool.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

I also like Paradise Pier! Can't comment on what the "concierge" gets you, but I've always been happy with the hotel itself. It really is more relaxed and still has cute Disney touches. Good views if you are on the DCA side to. You might hear some work going on in the park at night (3rd shift), but it's not that bad.
    -Wes

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

We maximize our concierge stays by stopping by the lounge EVERY time we're either coming or going. Go in, grab a bottled water and maybe a snackie (piece of fruit, cookie, etc.) for each in your party. If we're heading back to the room, we just stash the water in the little fridge. If we're going to the park, we each grab 2waters and a bite that can be consumed on the walk to/thru DTD. If you time your visits often (at least once during each menu change) you'll find you're going to spend a whole lot less on noshing food in and around the park. Least that's how it goes with my family. Not saying concierge actually 'saves' one money, but it did seem to save on time.

• A Pirate's life for me!

It's a good way to go.

We're doing it (again) in Oct as well.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    We maximize our concierge stays by stopping by the lounge EVERY time we're either coming or going. Go in, grab a bottled water and maybe a snackie (piece of fruit, cookie, etc.) for each in your party. If we're heading back to the room, we just stash the water in the little fridge. If we're going to the park, we each grab 2waters and a bite that can be consumed on the walk to/thru DTD. If you time your visits often (at least once during each menu change) you'll find you're going to spend a whole lot less on noshing food in and around the park. Least that's how it goes with my family. Not saying concierge actually 'saves' one money, but it did seem to save on time.
    This is the way we go about it too. I know many people request rooms with a view, but we like to stay on the third floor, on the pool side. We end up with a private, secluded patio, complete with table and chairs, and outside access to the pool.

The Beachcomber's Club (the concierge room) also has a computer with free internet access for guests use - handy for checking micechat for updates!. You can check out dvds to take back to your room. We would go to the beachcomber for breakfast, load up on water, and head to the park. Often, we'd come back for the late afternoon spread, where they have a hot snack, as well as a killer cheese and cracker tray, the usual fruit selection and sweets. They serve wine, and I believe beer too, but we never went for that.

Have fun!!

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Cool Re: Paradise Pier Concierge and Halloween

Quote Originally Posted by disneybanks View Post

The Beachcomber's Club (the concierge room) also has a computer with free internet access for guests use - handy for checking micechat for updates!. You can check out dvds to take back to your room. We would go to the beachcomber for breakfast, load up on water, and head to the park. Often, we'd come back for the late afternoon spread, where they have a hot snack, as well as a killer cheese and cracker tray, the usual fruit selection and sweets. They serve wine, and I believe beer too, but we never went for that.

Have fun!!
    If you have pre-booked Concierge you can bypass the normal check in line by heading straight to the BeachCombers Club on the 2nd floor and check in there. Everyone else has pretty much covered all the other amenities offered on the Concierge level. You'll get a room on either the 14th of 15th floor, and we offer our "Moments in Paradise", which is a reception from 5-7 pm daily. There are hot appetizers, bottled beers and wine. As well as juices, sodas and bottled water. There is also a light Continental Breakfast offered in the morning, where you can also fill up on snacks and drinks for the rest of your day in the park.

Stop by the front desk and say hello!
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."