Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1

    • Dreams Do Come True!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    267

    Thumbs down innoventions should it stay or go!?

    ive been to innoventions and i have to say disney itself could do way better than a boring pavillion that shows us how the "future" will look. its pointless grr i dont want to be educated on something that might not happen!!! im irrated now should there be a replacement in the building i think so they should make a test track or something way better in there anyway i wanna know waht you all think of my idea of putting or importing a new ride or attraction in the building thank you!


  2. #2

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: innoventions should it stay or go!?

    Quote Originally Posted by serviceelevator View Post
    ive been to innoventions and i have to say disney itself could do way better than a boring pavillion that shows us how the "future" will look. its pointless grr i dont want to be educated on something that might not happen!!! im irrated now should there be a replacement in the building i think so they should make a test track or something way better in there anyway i wanna know waht you all think of my idea of putting or importing a new ride or attraction in the building thank you!

    This is indeed an old subject, but possibly new to you - and that's cool. So, to answer your question - I would love to see something INNOVATIVE replace Innoventions - it's boring and drab.

  3. #3

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: innoventions should it stay or go!?

    Make it into a giant rotating restroom

  4. #4

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,071

    Re: innoventions should it stay or go!?

    Ah, ah, ah! Remember: there are no bathrooms in the future!

    I'm not sure. It has serious potential, however, as it stands, it should go. I don't think we need a big, fast attraction/ride to replace it with, but whatever comes, should definately fit the theme of 'tomorrow', and be a great, immersive experience. (could I be any more vague? )

  5. #5

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: innoventions should it stay or go!?

    Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Ah, ah, ah! Remember: there are no bathrooms in the future!

    I'm not sure. It has serious potential, however, as it stands, it should go. I don't think we need a big, fast attraction/ride to replace it with, but whatever comes, should definately fit the theme of 'tomorrow', and be a great, immersive experience. (could I be any more vague? )
    There's been reports that technology upgrades are in store including involvement by Microsoft.

    Personally, I'd like to see it turned into Yesterland. Enter through a time machine (to keep a threadbare themed connection to Tomorrowland) and enter the Disney Resort of yesteryear. Move all the junk from the Opera House and maybe set off a part for the Disney Gallery, though it would lack much of the charm of the just abandoned one.

    They could possibly also find piles of 'antiques' backstage to furnish it also.

    And move some antique Cast Members there who actually remember how things used to be and saw it way back when ...

    Sorry, I don't think there's really anything they could do about the Skyway though the old station used to be just next-store.

  6. #6

    • Evaporate, tall person!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Posts
    481
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: innoventions should it stay or go!?

    I personally only think it's good as a place to cool off when the day is too hot and you don't want to meander around the park too much while the sun is blazing..

    but tha'ts just my opinion..

    I wouldn't want to see it go because I wouldn't have anywhere else to go.. but I agree that things need to change in there..


    DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

  7. #7

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Agrabah
    Posts
    11,103

    Re: innoventions should it stay or go!?

    A good audioanimatronic show would allow you to "cool off"
    AND entertain you. But Innoventions doesn't entertain ~
    and there really isn't any decent seating either.

    Heck, if someone just wants to get out of the heat and
    crowds, I'd much rather go to Honey I Shrunk the Audience,
    rather than Innoventions.

  8. #8

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hanford
    Posts
    3,262
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: innoventions should it stay or go!?

    I don't want to see it go and have the building be empty, what a waste of space. Now if they started to plan a replacement and once everything is in the works, THEN close it, that is a whole 'nouther story.


  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    165

    Re: innoventions should it stay or go!?

    It needs to go. Disney could stuff 2 pretty decent attractions, a small Restaurant and Merch location in the space between Redd Rockett's Pizza Port and the Train Station. I just don't see anything futuristic about Innoventions when most of the stuff there is already headed to the market or I can already get at Best Buy. Something about a 2 story Marketing ploy just doesn't rock my socks at Disneyland.

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    165

    Re: innoventions should it stay or go!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Giddy4Aladdin View Post
    I personally only think it's good as a place to cool off when the day is too hot and you don't want to meander around the park too much while the sun is blazing..

    but tha'ts just my opinion..

    I wouldn't want to see it go because I wouldn't have anywhere else to go.. but I agree that things need to change in there..
    Ahhh but if Peoplemover were still around there'd be somewhere else to go and relax/cool off. Best part- you'd get to sit on your butt. My resting place has been the Opera House since Peoplemover left..

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Back home in Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    329

    Re: innoventions should it stay or go!?

    Innoventions is a waste of space but I would hate to see the building go. A new AA show would be my preference for a replacement. I can't imagine what they would have to do to the building to turn it back into a theater.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.



  12. #12

    • I'm not wearing a scarf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scattered throughout time
    Posts
    167

    Re: innoventions should it stay or go!?

    The answer is simple...

    Make it "Pixar Land!"

    We can have "Knick Knack: The Ride!"

  13. #13

    • Golden Dreamer!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    654

    Re: innoventions should it stay or go!?

    Bring back COP! it was ours then Florida took it away! This would be the perfect show as it shows how far we are in technology.

  14. #14

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,103

    Re: innoventions should it stay or go!?

    Go.

    Though Asimo should stay somewhere else.

  15. #15

    • Pathetically Obsessed
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Burbs of Seattle
    Posts
    661

    Re: innoventions should it stay or go!?

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    There's been reports that technology upgrades are in store including involvement by Microsoft.
    That's the first time I've seen innovative and Microsoft used in the same sentence in quite a while!
    "Fire at will, boys!"

    "Which one's Will?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Hotel Menage..to stay or not to stay?
    By snowwhite9011 in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 06:44 AM
  2. [Question] Should I stay at Stay Bridge suites or the Embassy Suites in Lake Buena Vista
    By mrgoofy73 in forum Orlando Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 07:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •