• =)

Indy photo request

Hey all! So if I were visiting the park anytime soon, I'd do this myself. However, that's pretty unlikely...so I'm putting this out there so that perhaps one charitable soul might take on this rather bizarre task.

If you're walking into the esplanade from the Mickey and Friends tram, there is a gate way off to the left. It's a backstage access gate, used to enter the area just southeast of the Indy show building. Naturally, we normal folks can't go in there without putting our safety and right to enter the park at risk. However, there's no reason not to stand by that gate and take a picture through the small gap in the middle. I was about to do this myself during my last visit, but a couple of CMs showed up, standing right where I needed to be. Needless to say, it wouldn't have worked out to ask them to get out of the way, and I didn't want to look suspicious dawdling around their backstage access point. So I didn't get to take the shot. But I would really like a few photos of the area in there. If anyone could do that and PM me (or post) the photos, it would be so great. You should be able to see a short greenish building attached to the larger Indiana Jones show building.

Keep in mind that this shot would be taken from an onstage area, without disobeying any cast member instructions or signage, and that this photo would be used to help a geek with his 3D modeling project--not for terrorism or industrial espionage or convincing people that Disneyland is actually a very ugly place.

Thanks in advance!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Indy photo request

I think that would be considered backstage, which no one is allowed to see and considered trespassing.

If it helps, I believe it's vehicle storage.

• =)

I think that would be considered backstage, which no one is allowed to see and considered trespassing.
    I know the area I'd like photos of is considered backstage...but is taking photos of private property while standing outside said property still trespassing? Technically, you can take photos of the same area from the monorail, or if you're in an airplane more than 3000 feet above the park. A little bit is even visible from the railroad. Furthermore, there are no signs that prevent guests from walking up to and standing in front of these gates or even taking photos, as long as the gate isn't being blocked and no one is entering without authorization.

Anyway, I don't want this thread to turn into an argument about the legality of backstage photos and I really don't want this thread to be shut down because someone gets the wrong idea and thinks that I or someone else is advocating illegal entry of backstage or the like. As much as I'd like to sneak into areas I shouldn't be in, I don't do it, nor have I ever, nor do I ever intend to, nor should anyone else.

So, if anyone tries to take these photos and a CM tells you to stop...well, stop. Otherwise, I can't find anything anywhere that indicates that taking such photos is illegal or even against Disney's official policies.

• Who's your DaddyB?

Can't you take this photo from the monorail as it returns from Downtown Disney to Tomorrowland?
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I say, even though you can see it form the monorail, it dosen't mean you can still take a picture of it if it is hidden. You are not really suppose to see it.