Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Steamboat Willie

Indiana Jones Adventure closed?

I was just wondering if anyone who went to Disneyland yesterday could confirm the closure of the Indiana Jones Adventure. I hope to be visiting the resort soon and want to make sure the ride is open when I do, so I am trying to keep close tabs on this one.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Indiana Jones Adventure closed?

Their site shows it as closed tomorrow too but back in business after that.
    Have a great time!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Steamboat Willie

I saw it scheduled for refurbishment on disneyland.com, but I don't have a lot of confidence in the accuracy there. That is why I am seeking an eye witness.

• Cherry Tart

Yep, I was there yesterday and it was closed. They said it'd be down for the next few days.

I was bummed...I really wanted to ride it one more time before I go back to school. Sigh.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Quote Originally Posted by Turp View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone who went to Disneyland yesterday could confirm the closure of the Indiana Jones Adventure. I hope to be visiting the resort soon and want to make sure the ride is open when I do, so I am trying to keep close tabs on this one.
    Indiana Shuts Down a lot, why I was in line once about to get on the ride when SHUT DOWN and all the lights turned on lol. A Refurbishment would be a bummer since I'm going in 2 weeks but maybe it will stop breaking so much at least.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    Indiana Shuts Down a lot, why I was in line once about to get on the ride when SHUT DOWN and all the lights turned on lol.
    OH NOES.

... just remember, quite a few downtimes are caused by Guests. :P
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Maybe they are finally fixing the doors.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Indy is down for a few days cause of audio problems in the ride as well they need to fix some pot holes in the track.

Walt's love of Trains!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland RR Guy View Post
    Indy is down for a few days cause of audio problems in the ride as well they need to fix some pot holes in the track.
    Yeah this happened to me last time. The audio randomly cut out a couple times near the snake.

• Minion

They are replacing every speaker alongside the track. The Spike Room in the queue is having its mechanics rebuilt and refurbished. Lighting is being swapped out to newer LED fixtures that provide truer colors and better lighting effects. The speakers in the Ball Room are being replaced with modern fixtures that will contain the sound better and make the noise more pronounced to riders in the jeep, but won't bleed so much outside the building so you can hear it in Downtown Disney. Touchup painting and prop work is also being done on most scenes, and some new intercom and PA systems are being installed for CM's.

In short, this is a short and dirty rehab that should provide some pretty good bang for the buck. Even casual visitors should be able to notice the dramatic improvement in audio clarity and lighting levels throughout the ride.

Indy will reopen to park guests on Friday, August 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    They are replacing every speaker alongside the track. The Spike Room in the queue is having its mechanics rebuilt and refurbished. Lighting is being swapped out to newer LED fixtures that provide truer colors and better lighting effects. The speakers in the Ball Room are being replaced with modern fixtures that will contain the sound better and make the noise more pronounced to riders in the jeep, but won't bleed so much outside the building so you can hear it in Downtown Disney. Touchup painting and prop work is also being done on most scenes, and some new intercom and PA systems are being installed for CM's.

In short, this is a short and dirty rehab that should provide some pretty good bang for the buck. Even casual visitors should be able to notice the dramatic improvement in audio clarity and lighting levels throughout the ride.

Thanks for the info!

Cool - look forward to seeing/hearing the refurbed Indy when I'm there next weekend.

SLightly off-topic, but about Indy, I happened upon this old Jim Hill article on what the Indy Adventure was originally slated to be when it was designed back in the 80's. There's some great siteplan pictures of how the mine car roller coaster was going to intertwine with the "bigger, better" Indy ride we sort of got, as well as how they meshed a bit with the Jungle Cruise. Pretty good read if you have a few minutes...

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...02/05/749.aspx

• Disneymom

hey Magus, I will be there in two weeks to. We are going Sept 15 thru Sept 23rd. Can't wait. I am so looking forward to it. Love Indie and when we went in March my 7 yr old daughter went on it for the first time and loved it so I hope it is open then.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post

Thanks for the heads up!

Walt's love of Trains!

Does anyone have a picture of the attraction closed from today?

Walt's love of Trains!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast