Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• ---------------

Re: Defacing HM's Attic Portraits

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    What's sad though is the whole house egging thing...a lot of kids think it's funny when it happens to their own house. "Hehehe...okay guys...hehe....who did it?"
    very true.

still, the amount of trash and destruction that goes on is very unacceptable. The sad thing is people just complain, then say "teenagers will be teenagers" and don't anything about it. I'm not saying accountability stops everyone, but it will show that certain behaviors are not tolerated. To bad Disney doesn't want to offend anyone so I don't see the problem stopping anytime soon (I hope I'm wrong).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Shubisha

The worst was the Mr. Toad statue in his queue. His entire mouth was filled with gum at one point it was so nasty, because a lot of people like putting their hand into it but with all that gum in there no way... but you know some people did anyways.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Haha. If I see someone do that, I'm gonna reach up, take it down, and stick it in their HAIR. And if they're bald, in their EAR.

If Disney won't do something, an idiotic red-haired guest will. And dang it, they'll be for sure sorry. Especially if they start yelling at me, I'll just say calmly, "I was only following your example... if it's okay for you to deface OUR park, then it's okay for me to right your wrong and give the gum back."

People these days! I never chew gum at the park, if a friend does, it goes in the TRASHCAN. Respect, I mean, people don't have it anymore. Depressing. People should really be more respectful. Disneyland is a privelege, not a right.

(PS: I probably won't actually stick the gum on the person. But I will complain the entire time, loudly, about the nerve of people. so no, I'm not that mean. But oh, I'd love to see that.)

• "I Break Things"

I've dealt with individuals before, standard treatment is to have them booted from the park if it is actual tagging, never caught someone with the gum situation. Catching someone tagging can be difficult, in both cases mine were on Indy, in the exit and in the queue. In both cases the lead was more then happy to let me walk with Security to ensure the guest got booted into the welcoming hands of Anaheim PD Disneyland Sub Station. (also for security statement for Disney to press formal charges)

For me the more terrifying thing was when we would find a knife in one of the jeeps. I never understood why someone felt they needed an 8in switchblade in a kids amusement park.

In one case it was an absolutely beautiful handmade buck style knife. I was at Unload when an elderly man approached me asking about it. I had to walk with him over to security and he was extremely apologetic about it. He was an old farmer type individual who didn't even think about taking it in the park because he was so used to having it on him. He was one of the few who didn't get in trouble with Security and PD, an honest misunderstanding, and he was more then willing to have City Hall hold on to it for him until he claimed it when he left at the end of the night!
    Last edited by techskip; 08-29-2007 at 08:58 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    And on one of the overpasses on PotC. People are pigs!

If it makes you feel better, whenever I go on a show check to see if everything is working right on POTC, I make it my duty to check the overpasses for any and all gum. If I see any on any of the bridges, I immediately tell the lead and get a work order done for it as soon as possible. I want the ride to look the best it can and when I noticed a problem I take care of it as soon as possible. So hopefully you won't be seeing that happen as often now.

Andrew

just wish everyone looked at the park with the love and respect those here do.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Tapdawg View Post
    If it makes you feel better, whenever I go on a show check to see if everything is working right on POTC, I make it my duty to check the overpasses for any and all gum. If I see any on any of the bridges, I immediately tell the lead and get a work order done for it as soon as possible. I want the ride to look the best it can and when I noticed a problem I take care of it as soon as possible. So hopefully you won't be seeing that happen as often now.

Andrew
    thank so much Andrew. I'll have to remember to write a comment next time I go to the park. It's CM"s like you that keep the Disney Spirit alive and go beyond what is expected!
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    just wish everyone looked at the park with the love and respect those here do.
    There's a difference between people. Some people, like us, believe human kind might actually become better.

Then there are the people who do stuff like that. And even though we're really nice... We need a good whip with us.

I wish everyone had the love and respect we have too.

i hate seeing disney property defaced it almost hurts to see something we adore being treated so poorly by others who are so careless.
    but on the other hand i must commend on how well disney DOES take care of the park. yes we do get picky about seeing gum in places but i mean we are the ones who do that kinda thing! we look at the details and when we see something that was not intended(gum, spit wads, paper, trash, wear and tear) we recognize it, but looking at six flags and disneyland...i am literally disgusted when i walk into six flags! i see trash from the DAY before there are cups and hats and just junk ON the rides! its bad. we have it good at disneyland
    yes things could be better. we are the ones who disney strive to please i mean for all they care they could leave stuff where it is and make money; but no they are disney, they go that extra disney mile

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by SoulRebel View Post
    i hate seeing disney property defaced it almost hurts to see something we adore being treated so poorly by others who are so careless.
    but on the other hand i must commend on how well disney DOES take care of the park. yes we do get picky about seeing gum in places but i mean we are the ones who do that kinda thing! we look at the details and when we see something that was not intended(gum, spit wads, paper, trash, wear and tear) we recognize it, but looking at six flags and disneyland...i am literally disgusted when i walk into six flags! i see trash from the DAY before there are cups and hats and just junk ON the rides! its bad. we have it good at disneyland
    yes things could be better. we are the ones who disney strive to please i mean for all they care they could leave stuff where it is and make money; but no they are disney, they go that extra disney mile
    I went to Knotts a few years ago
    the bathrooms were disgusting.
    the crew at Disneyland doesn't get thanks enough for what they do.
    They keep those bathroom CLEAN! THANKS GUYS!!!!
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I went to Knotts a few years ago
    the bathrooms were disgusting.
    the crew at Disneyland doesn't get thanks enough for what they do.
    They keep those bathroom CLEAN! THANKS GUYS!!!!
    -bows to you-
    Six Flags is worse, though. I mean, I had to repeat several times, "This is NOT Disneyland." Before finally adjusting to the yuckyness factor.

Knotts isn't as bad as Six Flags. But yeah, I don't usually use the bathroom at Knotts. Usually one bathroom... and not many people are in there.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by codelyokorox View Post
    -bows to you-
    Six Flags is worse, though. I mean, I had to repeat several times, "This is NOT Disneyland." Before finally adjusting to the yuckyness factor.

Knotts isn't as bad as Six Flags. But yeah, I don't usually use the bathroom at Knotts. Usually one bathroom... and not many people are in there.
    Knotts may have a few fun rides and I hear customer service isn't bad.
    But the park is dirty
    The ride people aren't as friendly (in my book)
    and the food is not good.

Basically, it's no Disneyland. Yes, it has some things that need fixin'....but it beats the rest hands down. Nothing can compare!
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

People that spit gum in areas they aren't suppose to and spit spitballs in DL, should be tied down to the Peoplemover track and run over, once the PM reopens that is.

• is too darn hot.

Time for the "pranky spirits" to face the firing squad.

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    What's sad though is the whole house egging thing...a lot of kids think it's funny when it happens to their own house. "Hehehe...okay guys...hehe....who did it?"
    My car has been egged 6 or 7 times since I moved to the new house. Once I didn't see it until morning. Egg had baked on and was starting to eat away at the finish.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Dalmatian Pup

Somebody must really want Constance to show them her hatchet up close to their throats.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast