Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Helmsdad

Re: Defacing HM's Attic Portraits

There have ALWAYS been spitwaders and gum sticker people and the like. Even in the 50's and 60's.

There will Always be these kinds of people as there always have been. We can call them all kinds of names etc., but that is really Not the point is it?

The point is that in the "old" days Disney did a better job of cleaning it - right away. That is just not happening now. In the old days (my first visit was 1962) you could eat off the pavement. I remember being amazed at how absolutly utterly clean the park was.

Now you can see trash from the previous day in the water, around ques (even if it's first thing in the AM). Food trash like McDonalds French Fries laying around. Yuck. It's just not the same magical experience it once was.

The park has gone so much downhill it's hard to believe.

I wonder if they LOWERED the PRICE of admission equal to the LOWER park maintence how much admission would cost? They might have to pay us to go!

I guess it would be worth it to be able to watch a cartoon through a porthole. Oh wait, I could do that at home!

Did I just say that?

Now see, that's the kind of thing that bothers me; trash in the queue is one thing, a discarded bottle, a napkin, whatever: these things are gone the next day. But to see something like this that is so obvious and on-going bothers me greatly and, quite frankly, I wonder why Disney doesn't have some kind of process to keep these areas free of gum. I remember going to Six Flags over Atlanta and upon seeing the gum strewn rocks and trees, etc., I remember saying something to the effect of, " thank god you don't see this kind of thing at Disney." So sad.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

If you think the vandalism and gum is bad at Disneyland, you need to visit the others. However, that doesn't mean Disneyland hasn't slipped in the past decade. It also doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a better effort at keeping everything clean.

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    I haven't seen it on HM, but this on IJA in the exit cue really bothers me:

At least its colorful? Yeah, I hate how lazy people can't just hold onto their gum or whatnot and throw it away when the pass the garbage can outside of the ride.

They do it because they think it's funny. It seems like if you are going to do this type of thing that you have a dislike for DL. And if that is the case, then why even go to the park?! Stay home and do it in your living quarters. Lots of people out there that aren't very bright. It's not like DL doesn't have any garbage cans.

Maybe DL can't get the stuff cleaned up fast enough because the park is soooo dirty from guests that they are busy cleaning up other areas of the park, and just haven't gotten to that specific area yet. Just thinking here. I will say this, though. I was at the park in May. I reported a small oil spill to a cast member. He kept telling me it was soda. He finally went and looked at it and said, "Yip, that's oil." I told him I had seen some ducks eating it. Anyhow, they called someone to come clean it up. The manager for the janitors came over and stood looking (she did not know that I had reported it. I was going to sit there until the job was taken care of). Finally a janitor came over. The janitor said, "I have to clean it up? It's fine." The manager said, "Yeah, clean it up." The janitor said, "Are you serious?" The manager said, "Yes. Somebody reported it." After about 20 minutes of complaining and finally getting some stuff to clean it, the mess was gone. The oil slick was about the size of a CD...very thick and icky.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234