Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    the food place on main street with the checker board, and the old fashioned party line phones on the way to the lockers. it is good! YOu can buy the mix to take home too
    That would be Market House. Quite busy whenever its cold and rainy.

Depending on how severe therain is...
    You can pretty much be guaranteed that Fantasmic will be cancelled.

Snow White's Enchanted Musical will be cancelled, the Mad Tea Party and Alice in Wonderland will close down. Astro Orbitor and Dumbo will as well. And unless I'm mistaken, that's about all the difference there is unless is purely monumental storming like we had a month ago. Even though Jungle Cruise is out in the open, it generally stays open. Splash stays open (when it's not being refurbed) and has a drastically reduced line.
    Basically, the park is emptied of alot of guests, and wait times are thus massively reduced. Just be prepared for most of the live entertainment to be cancelled, but all of the E-ticket rides should be ready to go still.

Ponchos are cheap (both in price and in quality). Adult 7$, and child 6$. Available at most any merchandise location along with umbrellas. They keep them behind the counters so you'll have to ask for them.

They keep Storybookland and Casey Jr. open?

• Banned User

i've watched Fantasmic! while it was raining (actually more of a drizzle/heavy mist), so I know it has to be raining more than a drizzle for them to cancel the show.

• No bacon; sausage.

I've ridden Dumbo in the rain, I don't think they close that unless it's truly pouring. Alice, however, goes down if someone spills a drink near it.

• wasting time

It doesn't take much liquid to flood that rabbit hole.

• Sock Puppet

Wow wow wow, no need to get upset.

• Disney fans for life!

Thankfully, our rainy day adventures have been few and far between. We still enjoy the park. No crowds or lines.

Our favorite past-time (other than the checkers thing) is to load up on the hot chocolate and cinnamon buns and hang out on the porch on Main St. and people watch.

One evening, just before closing, it was raining out and we were in one of the stores on Main St. It was the one with the doors always open and a large display of stuffed characters just inside the doorway. Anyway, as we were checking out the merchandise, an Asian man in his 40's came running into the store to avoid the rain, hit the slippery floor and flew into the large display of stuffed characters. I think he managed to knock all of them down onto the floor. He managed to get himself up and without saying anything, looked around at all of the people looking at him, and turned and RAN out of the store. The CM heard the commotion and saw the end result. We helped her pick up some of the toy characters before we left.

Too funny. What was the rush???

• I like Cheese...

I've actually ridden Alice in the rain (well drizzle) before. it was definately raining before we got on. they did shut it down shortly thereafter though...
    Last edited by Whatever; 02-10-2005 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Importance
    They keep Storybookland and Casey Jr. open?
    Yes. They're both quite fun in the rain, especially when you get a boat all to yourself!
    Ethically reprehensible, yet fiscally sound.

• Minion

the rain is the best time to be at the park. im actually thinking of going to the park tomorrow to play as well. i love the rain cuz there are hardly any lines and so you are able to ride your fave rides over and over again. most of the attractions do stay open. and fantasmic will only not operate is if it is pouring down rain or severe windy. so you shouldnt have a problem about the park tomorrow. it will be a lot of fun in the rain, just be sure to dress warm and drink warm fluids.
    "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

...Used to love the Jungle Cruise in the rain. It adds another level of realism to it.

You start to notice all the cover at the park during a storm. You can do a lot thats not exposed to the weather. I've been there many times in heavy rain and always managed to have fun. Enjoy and post your experiences when ya get back.

• Rawr...

I wanna go on the Jungle cruise in the rain!!!!!!! Sounds awesome.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• No bacon; sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by DznyVan
    Thankfully, our rainy day adventures have been few and far between.
    Thankfully? I can't get enough of the park in the rain. Sure, a few rides shut down, but it looks so beautiful, and gets so lovely and quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Disney
    i've watched Fantasmic! while it was raining (actually more of a drizzle/heavy mist), so I know it has to be raining more than a drizzle for them to cancel the show.

They do run the shw of Fantasmic! like you said in heavy mist or light rain but no standing water can be present on the stage .. It is always usually wet on dry days with the fountians and mist screens on any given show .. it was pouring for 20 min last time and me and my friend were by BTM and we had to run to the overhang by the backstage big gates on the bakc way and were soaked .. its always fun in the rain.. anyway it was still drizzley 2 hours before the show and cleared up 1 hour before and they did both shows that night..

-- Now only 8.75 for a poncho .. 25 bucks for a umbrella! what a deal....
    Last edited by Fantasmic_Freak; 02-10-2005 at 10:29 PM.
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Buy the bright blue rain poncho and have the time of your life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast