Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYJUNKIE
    Buy the bright blue rain poncho and have the time of your life.
    OR you could just wear a jacket.

Thanks for all the help...our family of locals is scheduled to go for the first time in zillions of years TOMORROW & after reading this, boy are we excited!!!

• GO DBACKS!!

We were sloshing around in the rain on Feb. 11. Had a great time!! The ponchos were $7 and the small unbrellas were $10.

Toward the end of the evening, around 9:30 we went to Fantasyland and rode the dark rides over and over. Didn't even need to get out of the cars, the CM's just tell you to hold the bar down and they send you back around if there is little or no line waiting to load. We had the best time chatting with the CM's too.

Enjoy and make it a fun day. For some reason you remember rainy days at DL a little more than the average sunny day.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• GO DBACKS!!

I forgot to say that we also had lunch in DCA at the Wharf that day. There was covered seating with heaters. It was a great experience eating the wonderful broccoli cheese soup and a cream puff just feet from the pouring rain but feeling warm and toasty!!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

•   
    • debating what to put here

Disneyland in the rain is the best! New Orleans Square and Main Street are so pretty at night when the rain is falling. Lately, we have been trying to time our visits with the storms. It's always an adventure and the crowds are usually quite light.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe that the only rides that close are the teacups, Alice, and Casey Jr. My favorite ride in the rain is the Matterhorn. It's very cool how you go back and forth between inside and outside and get these quick little bursts of very cold rain in your face. Good stuff. Of course, Splash and Jungle Cruise are very cool as well.

I would recommend getting a poncho beforehand at Target. They are about the same price but MUCH more durable. The Disney ones won't last too long and tend to rip.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorboat Cruiser
    I would recommend getting a poncho beforehand at Target. They are about the same price but MUCH more durable. The Disney ones won't last too long and tend to rip.
    That, and if all the other members of your family are in the blue ponchos sold at the parks, they will quickly get lost in a sea of blue ponchos that all look the same from the back... :confused:

But if they're wearing a different color poncho or rainsuit than everyone else(Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Black, etc.), it'll be much harder to lose them. Not that it can't be done mind you but they'll have to work at it.

Myself, I have no problems with doing Disneyland in the rain, I was seriously considering going there today to hold court with The All-Knowing, All-Seeing Al and go bug Alan at the piano...

But what stops me from taking off down there on a lark on days like today is the 60-mile drive each way, and dealing with induhviduals who insist on driving like Mr. Geef :devil: , still doing 75 MPH in a torrential downpour. (And usually on bald tires, too. ) Disneyland is still fun in the rain, but I don't need the headaches of getting into a wreck driving there...

--<< Bruce >>--
    (From the laptop... See thread on 'mobile broadband access' as soon as I write it, and figure out where to post it.)

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Awww, man, now I want to go to Disneyland in the rain. I miss living in SoCal.

Im going tomorrow, as long as there is not alot of traffic on the freeways, Madness!!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• I was deleted.

I was there during the rain, I mean the most rain you all got in SoCal in 50 years in Jan! But that's okay, we still had fun. Just look for characters in shelters by where they are supposed to be, Cast Members who aren't as friendly (not all, but more than I expected- heck the rain gets to us all!), and for cancelled shows without any notice (yeah, like when they cancelled Snow White and didn't tell us as we were standing under the little shelter and just chit-chatted with each other instead. tisk, tisk.)

I have to agree the Matterhorn is a blast in the rain! Especially at night when there is a puddle in there. I road it a couple of times in a row in the front of the car and it wasn't that bad until *swish!* the water moved back on my feet (you don't think the incline is that steep) and *swish!* goes back down.

I also road "it's a small world" three times in a row on the last night the holiday version was open on my trip. (Does that suprise anyone?) It was quite fun considering no one went that far to the back of the park in the rain.

On that trip Innoventions was also very popular again.. I wonder why? There isn't anything else inside, let alone in Tomorrowland.

Another attraction that will most likely close, or for sometime is Autopia. I don't believe that was mentioned.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123