Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: Grand Circle Tour of DCA (A train idea)

Part of the train can be elevated espicially in Golden Country like the trains on tall wooden stilts

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Exactly!

ALL ABOARD!!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn, Renaissance Woman View Post
    While all of you are discussing feasablity, you are missing one of the many attraction to me. For those of us with mobility issues, DCA can be a nightmare. It is designed so that you have to walk out and back to any of the regions, most of the time you must walk back the same way you walked in. And that can be a long way. If I go to TOT and Sunwheel on the same day, I then have to sit down and recover. And there's not a lot of comfortable, shaded seating.
    If not a train, they really need to figure out ways of getting people back and forth to their far flung lands without having to walk the length of the Park two or three times.
    If for no other reason... Build it for Lynn!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Problem with DCA is the layout. Perhaps when Carsland is taking shape they can have some sort of transport that takes them from Hollywood Backlot all the way to the back corner of Paradise Pier.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Problem with DCA is the layout. Perhaps when Carsland is taking shape they can have some sort of transport that takes them from Hollywood Backlot all the way to the back corner of Paradise Pier.
    Coheteboy, look at the logisitics of this. Once you remove the Timon parking lot, you don't need automobile traffic to enter the property on Harbor and Disney Way and traverse their way around the whole park.

Then you don't need a tram to take guests to the parking lot.

Suddenly you've got room for a berm all around three sides of DCA.

Then you re-align the monorail and use it's right of way to get the RR through the front of the park, and voila. A grand circle tour of DCA, as the OP suggested. This is a terrific idea.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Coheteboy, look at the logisitics of this. Once you remove the Timon parking lot, you don't need automobile traffic to enter the property on Harbor and Disney Way and traverse their way around the whole park.

Then you don't need a tram to take guests to the parking lot.

Suddenly you've got room for a berm all around three sides of DCA.

Then you re-align the monorail and use it's right of way to get the RR through the front of the park, and voila. A grand circle tour of DCA, as the OP suggested. This is a terrific idea.

But the problem is that DCA isn't a circle. Nor is it a square. The area I'm concerned about is by the Grand Californian, as the original poster mentioned. Is this really going to go behind the Soarin building too? Is there enough room? If you google satellite DCA, you'll see that the way DCA was designed, there's little to no backstage space. They lined it all the way up to the walls.

I really do love this concept though and DCA sorely needs some sort of transportation to get to Paradise Pier side of the park.... I just don't see this as even a possibility because of how close in proximity the hotel is to the park.

It would have been great if they thought this out from the begining, they could have incorporated it all so the train could be visible from Downtown Disney even (make it a real circle).

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Go back a few pages and look at the maps people posted. It's possible to do, if it is elevated on tressles through Grizzly River Run area and by the GCH. It can be 'monorail-height' (elevated on tressles) until it goes behind the Hyperion in HPB.

• MiceChat Moderator

Go back a few pages and look at the maps people posted. It's possible to do, if it is elevated on tressles through Grizzly River Run area and by the GCH. It can be 'monorail-height' (elevated on tressles) until it goes behind the Hyperion in HPB.
    I have and I admire the passion for this idea. I really really do. But it's just not going to work. I'll list some reasons why.

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post

The Main entrance to DCA does not have the luxury of space that Disneyland has. Disneyland has a wide entryway that funnels in down the center of the park. DCA is just one big path right from the get go. A train station even if elevated will take up a colossal amount of space. Space that they don't have. Hollywood Pictures Backlot and Condor Flats are just too close. It's certainly doable but at the expense of having a nice entryway.

The Disneyland Railroad has a nice round track to go through and only goes through tunnels when necessary and not for too long of a duration. Is this train going to be out in the open? Is it going to fit in with the landmarks of Hollywood? How about Carsland? We don't even know the layout for that land yet. And Paradise Pier... it will roll on behind Toy Story Mania and have a good view of Katella. Even if they do block it off, it's going to be really boring back there. Then we have the problem with Grizzly Peak itself. The train will NOT fit in this area. It's just way too close. It'd be best to avoid this section all together.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I'd actually make the alignment so it passed in front of Soarin and Monsters Inc the way the monorail does. And I wouldn't require a train station, although one could be built on a platform over the main street and adjacent shops if you really want a station right at the main gate. Otherwise Hollywood Stn or Soarin Station would work fine.

• MiceChat Moderator

I'd actually make the alignment so it passed in front of Soarin and Monsters Inc the way the monorail does. And I wouldn't require a train station, although one could be built on a platform over the main street and adjacent shops if you really want a station right at the main gate. Otherwise Hollywood Stn or Soarin Station would work fine.
    No matter how it's aligned... no matter where the track goes, it's going to be a major sightline problem for many attractions. I just played with my own possible track layouts that avoided the front entrance. I tried one that went around the Grand Californian. I tried one that avoided both Grizzly area and Hollywood.

It will not work without demolishing much of what's already there. And let's just say that you can demolish a few things... what's gonna go?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I guess I don't mind a tressle from Burger Invasion to the Hyperion Theater. The same way that the monorail goes over the buildings below it, the train could too.

I see it like the "Discovery Bay" concept, where this steam locomotive comes through on an elevated track through the whole land.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456